It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Go Light to the TOP of the page

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Two features that used to work but no longer work:

Go Light - believe it or not, we all don't love this Goth style dark world that ATS has adopted. Is it still possible to have dark text on a light background, just like a newspaper? Much easier on old eyes.

TOP of page button. Why have one at the bottom of the page if it doesn't work? It seems such a simple feature to (re) implement, and it's very handy.




posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Strange, my top link works fine, although it did take me quite a while to notice it was there in the first place.. Alternatively, you could just press your 'home' key, that does the same job.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticalBeliever
Strange, my top link works fine, although it did take me quite a while to notice it was there in the first place.. Alternatively, you could just press your 'home' key, that does the same job.


Really? Which browser do you use?



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas
 


I.E (laugh at me if you want). I just tested the link on chrome, and it worked there as well.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever
 


Hey, I'm not the one to be laughing - at least yours works!

I use Firefox I don't know if that has anything to do with it, I'm just guessing.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There seems to be a few FF unfriendly things on ATS, chat for example. The TOP link doesn't work for me either in FireFox but I'm certainly not giving up FF for ATS



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well I just tried it under Chrome and it still doesn't work.


Two different pc's, two different OS ( XP and Ubuntu ) two different browsers. Same result.

They just don't want me to use that button, I'm convinced.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The TOP button has never worked in Firefox (at least, not with the 2010 board). Lots of posts about that all over the place from a lot of people with the same issue using different OS's. It does work (for me) in Opera and Chromium and a few other minor browsers available for Linux, but no-go in Firefox. My "work around" is to click and hold the "recent posts" tab and drag it to my bookmarks tool-bar. This way, I have a working "recent posts" link that I can access without having to scroll to the top of the page. As for the LIGHT button: where is that option? Just curious about it...


edit on 29-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
The TOP button has never worked in Firefox (at least, not with the 2010 board). Lots of posts about that all over the place from a lot of people with the same issue using different OS's. It does work (for me) in Opera and Chromium and a few other minor browsers available for Linux, but no-go in Firefox. My "work around" is to click and hold the "recent posts" tab and drag it to my bookmarks tool-bar. This way, I have a working "recent posts" link that I can access without having to scroll to the top of the page. As for the LIGHT button: where is that option? Just curious about it...


edit on 29-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)


"As for the LIGHT button: where is that option? Just curious about it... "

It used to be in the upper left quadrant...you had the choice to "Go Light" or "Go Dark". There was a thread discussing the pros and cons of either, but at least you had the choice of how you wanted the screen to appear. I personally think this 'dark matter' viewing is hard on the eyes and downright ugly.

Then, the option to choose went away, along with the button. Unless there is some type of workaround available...



posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't know what's been going on with browsers lately. I was using IE here and about 3 months ago all the features such as posting images stopped working. I switched back to FF and I can now use features but have to use IE on my own web site as FF quit working there.

I love the dark background - black letters on white reminds me too much of the media. Do people still read the paper



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter. The fact is that for some people the dark stuff makes it physically difficult to read. It's an ADA issue.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The blackground makes it so you can't read ats during the day, which helps you to keep perspective. This isn't really the place to spend a lot of time, is it.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
The blackground makes it so you can't read ats during the day, which helps you to keep perspective. This isn't really the place to spend a lot of time, is it.


Yeah, well. Ha ha, I guess. But I have trouble seeing the screen, so it's a serious issue with me. Indeed, in the area where you could put your avatar and where your name is? It's totally black. There is no contrast whatsoever. the only way I can see it is tho drag a mouse over ot and highlight it. I guess there may be some browser issues. I dunno. I just wish there were a way to lighten up he screen for people like me. I doubt I'm the only one with the issue.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join