It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA launches digital recruiting tools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

NSA launches digital recruiting tools

www.federalnewsradio.com

The National Security Agency is using high-tech tools to recruit the best and brightest nationwide. We talked about it with Lori Weltman, the Marketing Manager at the Office of Recruitment at NSA. She tells Federal News Radio that they're using a variety of tools to ensure they reach as many potential candidates as possible.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nsa.gov

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Now all the people that want to be real spies need only download the Iphone APP to apply!

Give me a break, I can't believe the NSA is going to go to these lengths to get the youngest and most impressionable minds out there. This country is becoming a very sad joke more each day.

I don't know what else to do, because I can't even begin to talk about how bad it really is, I'm relegated to finding obscure articles to educate people.

Freedom is a choice, and it doesn't come in an Iphone App.

www.federalnewsradio.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I normally dont subscribe to conspiracies, however this seems....goofy.

Downloading an app the NSA is pushing? To recruit tech savy people?

I can see this being abused like no other.. If someone gets this app deconstruct it and see if anything is hidden in the software that could remotely activate the GPS tracking, camera portion and the audio portion. Since phones are pretty much slowly replacing computers, I can see email, financial, text messages etc etc etc all being targets.

Pretty ingenous way to monitor people. The ones they hire can monitor the people who downloaded the app but did not get hired.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

NSA doesn't need an app to do those things. What's wrong with working for the NSA?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback

What's wrong with working for the NSA?

Careful you might be branded as cointel or cybercop or gov agent, all of which i have no problem with.

In any case, to serve one's country at this level is not what the average person has as an opportunity, either due to intellect or simply by what life throws at him/her.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback

NSA doesn't need an app to do those things. What's wrong with working for the NSA?

Lol there is nothing wrong with working for the NSA. I was just basing my sarcasm off of an incident a few years back where the Government was tracking visits to Government websites. I am just saying it seems kind of weird to create an application for a phone in order to recruit.

It reminds me of the end user license agreements on pc software. Failure to read the fine print has come back to bite people in the buttox (jen-aaaaa).

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Yeah, I think I would join. Best place to be if this NWO thing is true.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Ohh, I see.

top topics

join