It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds covering all of North America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
www.theweathernetwork.com...

is this normal? because i don't think it is?
edit on 29-1-2011 by EricW because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I don't think those are clouds.....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Well I live in South Carolina and it is clear and cool here. I believe the map shows gray if the ground is below a certain temperature. That temperature may show up as gray below 40 degrees but I'm not sure where the cut over is at. I noticed part of the southeast still shows green so I suppose it's warmer near the Gulf of Mexico. That makes sense to me. What you are looking at I believe is a temperature map with some clouds in it. I've seen these types of maps a lot. The ground will show up as white or extremely cold sometimes up north and it's really hard to tell the difference between the ground and clouds if it's really cold.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Oh never mind.....
I was wrong

edit on 29-1-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
hell no thats not normal wth wow.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

if there not clouds why the hell are they moving like clouds on the map

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
im puzzled

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EricW

try to find another map with the same result.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EricW

Those are clouds.. not exactly normal but nothing to panic about.. but definitely somethin to watch

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
www.weather.com... if you go to clouds i under the map its alot of clouds too but its only U.S but it is still bad
edit on 29-1-2011 by EricW because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
interesting. But what about the formation off the coast of the western US. It looks like a cyclone or something. And its huge. Mega-storm?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

i agree crazy

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think it's normal. I see weather maps like that all the time. I believe it actually is cloud cover, just not very dense. Snowing outside right now. Neat map.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Cool Florida is clear.

I also like looking at this of the world view for those interested.
www.sat24.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Might not be nothing but as I watched the sun set tonight there were smallish clouds to the west of me and they were black, I mean black and ominous, not rain clouds either, just weird black clouds and like one person said those don't look like clouds, I dont think they were clouds...I cant even explain it.... the temp was about 75 f here today and then as soon as the sun started to go down it was about 39 f all within a few minutes, freaked me out. I am in Oregon, very high elevation and the weather here should be snowy right now but instead we have sunshine..... I am very confused.

That cloud cover(or whatever it is) over the Northern states does not seem right to me either.......

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Apparently there is a storm heading your way next week , saw it coverd in this other thread ,, might be just the beginning of what´s heading your way
Groundhog storm

top topics

join