It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest Credit Reward Points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This morning my roommate was taken to jail. Immediately after I found out about it I got a hold of him, thankfully he was out on bail at that point. He told me a cop ran out in traffic and pointed at him, tapping on his hood as the car slowed down. The officer told him to pull over to the side, license and registration, blah blah... and lo and behold his license is suspended. Now mind you he was also pulled over twice within a 30 minute period down the same road last Wednesday night, with his license either a: ) not getting ran or b: ) coming up valid. However my roommate has had issues with the DMV saying his license is suspended before as well, and they were not able to tell him why. This was also what the car-less cop (infantry?) told him this morning, that he was not able to determine the reason it was suspended, only that it was so.

However this all beside the point. Long story short; Miranda rights, holding cells, etc. He was bailed out quickly and when he read over the report he saw something that seemed odd. It said:

Arrest Points: +5

When he told me this I did a double take. I asked what that mean, and he said he didn't know. However my interest had been peaked, and I knew I had to investigate. It did not take me long to find a book called Arrest-Proof Yourself. Google Books

Dale C. Carson was a FBI field agent for 15 years and a Miami police officer for 8 years, where he set Florida records for felony arrests. He is currently a criminal defense attorney. Wes Denham has written newspaper columns and edited trade journals.

About the Author

This essential “how not to” guide explains how to act and what to say in the presence of police to minimize the chances of being arrested and to avoid add-on charges—which can often lead to permanent disqualification from jobs, financing, and education. Citizens can learn how to avoid arrest both on the street and when pulled over in a vehicle and are alerted to basic tricks cops use to get people to incriminate themselves. Sprinkled with absurdity and humor, this urgent, eye-opening book is a guide to criminal justice for all Americans.

Editorial Review

In this book I was able to find evidence of the existence of "Arrest Points".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f5ba8a02fca.png[/atsimg]
Above Link: Page 67

So here we have solid evidence of the existence of Arrest Points from a credible source. Law Enforcement is encouraging arrests all across the country and rewarding the cops who throw cuffs around like dollar bills at a Gentlemen's Club.

If any of you who are still reading this have any more doubt in your mind that we are living in a Police-State, please express your questions and/or comments and I will gladly help persuade you towards the TRUTH.
edit on 1/28/2011 by Tgautier13 because: no justice no peace

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There is a significant conflict of interest here when arrests are tied with reward. The issues of reasonable grounds gets thrown out the window and enforcement become petty and harassing. It no longer becomes an case of trying to correct dangerous behaviour, but becomes a perversion of law for financial gain. Here in Australia we have had issues with parking inspectors having a similar type of reward system. Thankfully our police are free from such corrupt systems.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I'd keep an eye on that if I were you.

join