It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Selections for the Best Rock Bands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What are the top ten best rock bands of all time? This is a question that really has no answers. Everyone will have different opinions on what they consider to be the best rock bands. It really comes down to individual musical tastes. Here are my selections..

musicouch.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
umm
you forgot the best one
AC/DC

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chimaybliss

Nice list. Mine would look different, for sure. But I agree with a few you have.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Apart from different people with different opinions, I personally don't think I could make a list of 10, in order, and then not want to make changes within it myself a few months, or a year later.
Aside from that, the 1st 2 bands that instantly popped into my mind without even thinking about it was
Pink Floyd and Tool.

Many Floyd songs, even if released today,would be ahead of their time.
Tool needs no explanation. No competition.

In my opinion, no matter what drastic changes may come in the future with music, all of the music from both of those bands will live on forever and continue to gain fans decades from now or longer!

disclaimer- that is, if humans are still around decades from now

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Nice list. Although I don't agree with several of them but hey, it's your opinion. Tool would be my number 1, Floyd #2 and my third would have to be The Smashing Pumpkins.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chimaybliss

The band you missed there and i liked where nirvana. They changed music so much and it went from 80's to 90's with nirvana who brought about the transition. Some of the bands you mention rode on nirvanas wave.

All too there own.
edit on 1/30/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join