It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride-From baby food to beer..and bread, and soda, cereal, tea, oatmeal cookies, cheese...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeIsPowre

As an avid tea drinker for health reasons, I'm a little shaken by all the flouride in tea and the deleterious effects it has on the pineal gland. I did find this on the matter that might assuage and help some of my fellow tea brothers and sisters:

www.heavenoftea.com...

Looks like loose tea, white tea, and teas from Japan are the way to go.

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

What to eat?
Look at the raw eggs-1
and cooked eggs -5

Eggs are most complete and cheep food.
They fight eggs because of it.
And I do not worry about the cholesterol in eggs.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
My favorite subject! ok so what about shower water? i mean if fluoride is that corrive, we allt ake showers! our skin absorbs it? the only answer i found..was to have a cheap 3 filter reverse osmosis system connected at the water inline... thier is a shower filter out thier designed to take fluopride out..but not for the chlorine then..

The problem with reverse osmosis is that it is slow. A 200 dollar unit working on a typical residential system is limited by water pressure and can only put out about 4-6 gallons a day at a trickle. The system typically includes a pressurized (3-4 psi.) 3-5 gallon storage tank but you would have to pressurize it again to higher pressures for shower use and be limited by the size of the storage tank.

edit on 30-1-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by makinit66
Jesus Christ!!!! I wish I had read this over a year ago when I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia! Every single one of my issues is listed as a symptom in Fluoride Poisoning!

Thank You So Much for posting this information! At the very least I have an alternative prognosis...I could never see myself taking these meds for the rest of my life...I just didn't know where else to turn.

For those that may not know, Fibromyalgia is unexplained pain even after having rested, complicated by Chronic Fatigue and Brain Fog.

S&F for the OP!
edit on 10/12/2009 by makinit66 because: grammar

Vitamin D supplementation helps as well. but make sure you get a long term blood test (not the one that detects for the last two weeks) and monitor your D levels with your doctor. Vitamin d isn't actually a vitamin. It is a hormone made by the body upon exposure to sunlight (from cholesterol of all things) It will also help with many of the symptoms that fluorine poisoning has because it reduces the effects of fluorine. The text below is of a lab test for vitamin D on flourine symptoms from science direct .com.

[Quote]

D. M. Guna Sherlina and R. J. Verma, , b

a Jai Research Foundation, Valvada 396 108, Vapi, India

b Department of Zoology, University School of Sciences, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad 380 009, India

Received 12 July 2000; revised 27 November 2000; accepted 27 November 2000 Available online 15 May 2001.

Abstract
We have evaluated the ameliorative effect of vitamin D on fluoride-induced embryotoxicity in pregnant rats. Oral administration of sodium fluoride (NaF; 40 mg/kg body weight) from days 6 to 19 of gestation caused, as compared with control, significantly lowered body weight, feed consumption, absolute uterine weight and number of implantations. As compared with the control, higher incidence of skeletal (presence of wavy ribs, 14th rib, dumbbell-shaped 5th sternebrae, incomplete ossification of skull) and visceral (subcutaneous haemorrhage) abnormalities was recorded in the foetuses of fluoride-treated pregnant rat. Vitamin D (2 ng/0.2 ml olive oil/animal/day po) treatment significantly ameliorated the fluoride-induced reductions in body weight, feed consumption and absolute uterine weight. As compared with fluoride-treated alone, the total percentage of skeletal and visceral abnormalities observed in foetuses was significantly lowered in fluoride plus vitamin D-treated animals. These findings suggest that vitamin D treatment significantly reduced the severity and incidence of fluoride-induced embryotoxicity. The ameliorative effect of vitamin D against skeletal and visceral abnormalities could be due to stimulation of intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphate, thus raising the plasma calcium and phosphate concentrations.[/Quote]

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Another little fun filled article from science direct.;

[Quote]Published data on the toxicity of fluoride (F−) to algae, aquatic plants, invertebrates and fishes are reviewed. Aquatic organisms living in soft waters may be more adversely affected by fluoride pollution than those living in hard or seawaters because the bioavailability of fluoride ions is reduced with increasing water hardness. Fluoride can either inhibit or enhance the population growth of algae, depending upon fluoride concentration, exposure time and algal species. Aquatic plants seem to be effective in removing fluoride from contaminated water under laboratory and field conditions. In aquatic animals, fluoride tends to be accumulated in the exoskeleton of invertebrates and in the bone tissue of fishes. The toxic action of fluoride resides in the fact that fluoride ions act as enzymatic poisons, inhibiting enzyme activity and, ultimately, interrupting metabolic processes such as glycolysis and synthesis of proteins. Fluoride toxicity to aquatic invertebrates and fishes increases with increasing fluoride concentration, exposure time and water temperature, and decreases with increasing intraspecific body size and water content of calcium and chloride. Freshwater invertebrates and fishes, especially net-spinning caddisfly larvae and upstream-migrating adult salmons, appear to be more sensitive to fluoride toxicity than estuarine and marine animals. Because, in soft waters with low ionic content, a fluoride concentration as low as 0.5 mg F−/l can adversely affect invertebrates and fishes, safe levels below this fluoride concentration are recommended in order to protect freshwater animals from fluoride pollution.[/Quote]

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm looking for copies of pages 342 and 343 from the encyclopedia of toxicology.
Anybody have that book or access to it?
I used to have a hard copy but lost it while moving. It has some fun things to say about fluoride.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I just can't stop myself with this thread.

I'm reading a book called "The Fluoride Deception"

A few notes...

-The Reynolds company (aluminum) paid for a study that found airborne fluoride dust in the lungs caused "lesions' bleeding, loss of lung capacity and emphysema. Then they suppressed the results until it was discovered and submitted during a lawsuit against Reynolds.

-According to the Newburg study which was the first large scale human fluoride experiment ON A TOWN.....

-Doubles rates of high blood pressure, bone cancer, heart disease over control group.

-Causes "early puberty in girls" over the control group"

-"The Newburg and Grand Rapids tests used pharmeceutical grade sodium fluoride. 90% of the fluoridated water supplies in the US use not pharmeceutical grade but industrial grade silicofluoride scrubbed from the smokestacks of the florida phosphate industry. Long term tests have NOT BEEN DONE on the toxicity of these silicofluorides but tests have associated the chemical to higher levels of blood lead in children."
This industrial waste isn't even used in industry. It is "collected, billed to the taxpayers and dumped into public water supplies around the country."

-"Silicofluorides also frequently contain arsenic at levels that may present a risk of cancer according to data from the national academy of sciences."

-"You are sticking this poison into the water supply supposedly to prevent dental disease. It's not even doing that-and you are causing cancer just from the arsenic alone. This is totally criminal" argued the university of Toronto's Dr. Limbeck.

-Fluorine also helps aluminum to pass the brain blood barrier whis results in alstheimers disease.

-The NRC states that 10mg of fluoride a day for 10 to 20 years will cause "Crippling skeletal fluorosis." Yet, in 1985 the EPA raised the safe permissible levels in drin king water to 4mg per liter. That's 10 mg a day for someone that drinks 3 quarts of water.
The justification being that the fluorosis caused at a level of 1mg per liter to teeth including discoloration and brittleness is merely "cosmetic". Tooth health was supposedly the reason for all of this ...remember. Now it is not important but they are putting 8 times the original reccomended amount of fluoride into the water.

The buildup in the body is cumulative and the baby boomers are all riddled with fluoride just from the water. This doesn't include fluoride treatments that go up to 2300 mg PER DOSE. It also doesn't include the hundreds of millions of tons of fluoride put directly into the atmosphere each year.

-Bone defects from the Newburg study were remarkably "striking in their similarity to bone cancer"

-In 1990 government studies showed excess bone cancers in rats."equivocal evidence that fluoride is a carcinogen"
(Liver cancer as well.) which was a downgraded set of evidence according to Dr William Marcus who was chief scientist at the EPA's division of water quality.

-Labratory rats exhibit ADHD symptoms when recieveing moderate doses of fluoride.

-"thyroid problems, downs syndrome, arthritis, central nervous system effects, cardiovascular problems and breathing difficulties."

-In hog liver tests at the University of Rochester "FLUORIDE was so much MORE TOXIC to the esterase enzyme than URANIUM" that the differences were easily seen.

-"The synergistic action of fluoride and aluminum in the enviroment, water and food can thus invoke multiple pathological symptoms."

It goes on and on but you get the picture.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If you look on any toothpaste label, it says keep out of reach of children under 6..Due to the flouride...If swallowed contact poison control, blah blah blah...

So then they give your toddler toothpaste free of flouride, because as everyone with half a brain nows, its poisonous. Then you go to the doctor and they give you this to give your infant,

who has no teeth and it is well known that fluoride benefits, use benefits loosely, teeth from being used as a topical solution, not when ingested...

So how does that make sense, dont use big people toothpaste on toddlers because it contains fluoride, but do have them ingest it when given in liquid by the doctor...What the hell?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Thank you for adding so much to the thread..Very interesting information you are putting out there..thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A toxicity study (found on previous post) states " a fluoride concentration as low as 0.5 mg F−/l can adversely affect invertebrates and fishes, safe levels below this fluoride concentration are recommended in order to protect freshwater animals from fluoride pollution."

But the EPA, as of a 1993 decision, allows a 4mg F-/l concentration rate in water sources. That's 8 times the toxicity level at which studies have found sodium fluoride starts damaging invertebrates and fish.

That's for sodium fluoride, not for the even more toxic industrial phosphate waste that is being used in 90% of the country.

Guess where industry is getting their sodium fluoride? Not from the recycled phosphate waste fluorine which is paid for by the taxpayers but from the purchase of feldspar from China.

Why is it that industry can't use the phosphate/ scrubbed fluorine but we have to have it polluting our water supplies?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownPhilosopher
reply to post by Amaterasu

I'm glad someone made mention of this. The benefits attributed to flouride are misleading since the original studies were conducted using calcium flouride which was found in natrual springs and certain plant life. Sodium flouride is in no relation to its vastly superior counter part.

Nice to see there are others who grasp this. I suspect the whole "tea has lots of fluoride" thing is a disinfo effort to muddy the waters between calcuim fluoride and sodium fluoride.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

Thanks, my mom also suffers from that.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by logicalthinking

Flouride needs to bind with iodine to be chelated/eliminated from the body...
...if the iodine is being used to remove flouride there is less for other functions...
...iodine deficiency is the key to the onset of many ailments including cancer...
...so low iodine means more sick people and short lives.

I noted a difficulty finding iodized salt - I found some finally - but did see a package that boldly announces "Iodine Free!"

Think they're trying to pull the wool over our eyes about iodine (it's "bad") like they did with soduim fluoride (it's "good")? I think so.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
yeah i forgot that! it takes a really long time to make water from reverse osmosis.
i found a website few months ago, all about fluoride, and used colgate as the example. it said, an ingredient in toothpaste, is sodium hypochlorite...the corrosive stuff inside of drano, murphys oil soap! thats the reason for the warning do not swallow label* but could be becuase of the fluoride too

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Sorry but no, you are comparing heavy doses of fluoride with mild doses and you continually use the terms fluorine and flouride interchangably which is simply dishonest because one is a highly reactive element and the other is a far less reactive compound/anion.

Remember that old quote from Paracelsus

All things are poison and nothing is without it's poisonous qualities, only the dose permits something not to be poisonous

Baiscally small doses of flouride in water supplies do appear to help prevent cavities, however as i stated in first world nations with our advanced denistry and medicated toothpastes it does seem unecessary to add it to water as well. Flourides can be deadly in large doses, but so can pure water.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I noted a difficulty finding iodized salt - I found some finally - but did see a package that boldly announces "Iodine Free!"

Think they're trying to pull the wool over our eyes about iodine (it's "bad") like they did with soduim fluoride (it's "good")? I think so.

It's pretty common to find salt that contains iodine, however sea salt seems to be gaining popularity and i think that's good for a couple of reasons. The first is environmental, sea salt is produced by simply evaporating sea water so there is no need for chemical washes or distillation/recrystallization. The second benefit is that sea salt contains many other compounds which are good for us, mostly trace elements like magnesium.

Whether this will result in a majority shift im not sure.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by Amaterasu

It's pretty common to find salt that contains iodine...

That's what I thought, too - until I went looking for it. Like I said, one package poasted "Iodine Free!" I did find iodized salt (and some sea salt) finally. I just thought it was weird that I couldn't find the iodized stuff initially.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sodium Flouride and Calcium Flouride absorb differently

curezone.com...

Because fluoride is not a singular chemical. It has different forms. The stuff used in toothpaste and added to the water system is a toxic waste product of the aluminum and fluoride industries and is listed on our State statutes as a schedule A poison. In fact the sodium fluoride added to toothpaste and water is actually used as a rodenticide and insecticide as well. The naturally occurring fluoride in sources such as seafood and green tea is not the same type of fluoride.

Looking at the list I see anything that has meat is high in fluoride. Meat is naturally high in fluoride, not the poisonous kind. Sodium fluoride that is added to water and toothpaste is poison. Actually foods that are deemed "healthy" seem to have a high concentration of natural fluoride. So before you stop eating, understand the source of the fluoride.

I buy Arrowheads "Drinking" water for home. It's reverse osmosis. I also used a no fluoride toothpaste. I'm not ready to just throw out my whole menu because of some list that does not show the difference between poison and natural.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That tea site was interesting. 10 mg a day was found to be the upper limit per day of fluoride intake. over that, would be the beginning of skeletal fluorosis. i belive its what 2 liters a day? Many of us drink that much alone everyday of water. Dosn't fluoride linger around and buildup in your body regardless? They mentioned in 10-12 years the upper levels would have been reached. If thats the case...we have all dranken over the upper limit over 20 years! so since fluoride builds up int he brain bone n body...from what i read, its making me think how to help chleate and excrete it from my brain n body then!
My understanding is, the effects arre ir reversable once fluoride has been introduced too ones body n mind. or no?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
Can someone please explain whats going on here...

Tea, instant, powder, unsweetened 89772
Tea, instant, powder, unsweetened, prepared with tap water 335

Maybe its a typo im not sure, the units dont seem to change or anything, but then suddenly making it with tap water means ya get about 1/250th the amount of fluoride.

Seriously 89772? thats waaay higher that anything else on there,

The first one is for a certain weight of the pure dry tea powder.
The second is for the same weight of tea, made from the powder, - i.e. much less powder plus a lot of water.

Naturally the second contains less fluoride.

The tea plant is notorious for absorbing and storing any fluoride in its environment.
That's why the figures for tea are so much higher than those for other beverages.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join