It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Ancient Site Found! Structures Under Rock Lake, Wisconsin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I just stumbled across this and thought I would post it up to see what you folks think it might be. Im hardly a archeologist so Im kind of clueless in that department. Still though, even though some of the shots in this quick video are somewhat blurry, there are some rather clear shots that something is definitely there. What could be so old and underwater in Wisconsin?

I have no clue if it is ancient as the title says, I only used the title out of respect for the OP of the video. Still though, to be underwater for what seems quite awhile, it has to be pretty old.

I leave the rest to you folks to speculate!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just gonna put this out there. The first few shots of the stones that could be roads or walls remind me of the rocks they found and were calling the road to Atlantis, which after more investigation were found to be a natural occurrence. Some of the other images i can't even tell what they are supposed to be, or if they are even under water.

not sure what to make of this.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've read about this before on here but some friends of a friend wanted to go ice diving up there next month because the water would be crystal clear under the ice but it seems they have to have permits to do so and nobody issues permits. So they are going anyway and deal with it later.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have seen much evidence of ancient cities being destroyed.

I speculate that it basically happened at the same time worldwide; that there was an earth-changing event in our ancient past, waiting to be proven.

Thank you for sharing this story. I hadn't heard about this one.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The discovery was made on July 24, 2007 during an underwater exploration on a remote tributary in the upper Mississippi River basin in northern Wisconsin. Unlikely as it sounds, the site appears to be an ancient underwater structure -- possibly a road or causeway -- constructed of flat, rectangular-shaped blocks of stone that appear to be cut or otherwise worked and then carefully fitted into place. Although likely of natural origin, to the casual eye the "structure" looks amazingly like ancient stone-paved roads or other ruins found in MesoAmerica, Europe, and elsewhere.

Discovery...

There seems to be some question of whether this is natural or manmade. Although from the authors view, he seems to lean toward manmade.

An intriguing find. And it does have the appearance of being constructed. But then, so does Giants Causeway.
S&F.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Flag for you Op. Its nice to open up "fragile earth" and find stuff like you posted. Thankyou.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Thank you, Im glad you enjoyed it. I would love to know what all this actually is or what it is tied into. Those blocks to look eerily like the ones in the Bahamas don't they?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I dove this Lake 15 years ago and yes those structures are there.
A book was written about this by Frank Joseph

www.librarything.com...

If my memory is true these structures were above water 10,000 years ago and
created by local Indian tribes for religious ceremony.

top topics

join