It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The X-files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So anyway i decided, to watch all of the x-files again.

And oh boy, its been fun. My girlfriend had never watched it before, and now she's obsessed.

What i find very surprising though, is all the anti-government messages, and this show aired on Fox, a MSM outlet. I wounder if this show was aired solely for the purpose of debunking conspiracy theorist and make them look like "Someone who has watched too much Xfiles"

Still, great show, do you guys like it ?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The X-Files will always be a classic! I can watch any episode of any season any time and be completely sucked in to the story. Best written/acted show ever created

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I adore the X-Files
I've thought the same thing for a while now, though... about "watching too much x-files"

Kind of bugs me, but DD makes it all better

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The X-Files rocked. I loved how we got main story line episodes and off story strange phenomena investigations.
Hard to pick a favourite episode.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
You must not have watched them in sequence, because then you would have noticed that the first few episodes were extremely hardcore and exciting, but then starting with, if I remember correctly, the fourth episode it turned into a conspiracy debunking playground, with some dude in an alien costume smoking cigarettes. After the first few episodes, it went from hardcore conspiracy theory (I had to watch it with family it had me so scared) to lets debunk the conspiracy theory by making it all look like a joke.
They must have gotten word from up top to change the show or else end up like "Sightings" and "Encounters" (alien related news programs back in the day).

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I agree.I remember that episode.The pilot in the jump suit keep repeating:"it is not happening"(or sth like that).

They always left a hint by the end of each episode that no matter how hard Scully was debunking,there was always some truth in what Mulder believed.

Anyway Xfiles was and always will be a classic.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I used to be obsessed with it when it first came out. Looking back, I think that it was more 'preparation' for what is about to happen next. Disclosure is inevitable, and all that really matters now is how they come out of this looking. You know they want to smell like roses when people start talking about all the people who 'mysteriously dissapeared or passed away' because of this front on the public. Actually, I thin thats the best case scenario and its probably much worse than that

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
One of the saddest episodes in the X-Files is when The Lone Gunmen sacrifice themselves. I never expected that! And the best recurring character goes to Krychek.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Didnt like the last movie, I think it should have never been made and instead maybe a miniseries to wrap it up would have been way better.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Yeah, that last movie really blew, but the series rocked my world!! I was so in love with Agent Skully, and so wanted to be Fox Mulder. what a show. I had a large empty place in me after it was canceled, but Fringe came and saved my TV watching enjoyment again.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I always loved the X-Files still do, but in my area (Chicago) it is somehow not in syndication on any channel which is hot garbage.The cases and plot were usually pretty darn good,and the acting of the relationship between Mulder and Scully was very well done,not like some soap opera or chick flick.Also it didn't take itself too seriously as a show as I remember getting some good laughs rather consistently,the show was all about paranormal and conspiracy stuff but knew how too have fun as well.

Favorite episode was the alien baseball player.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I personally don't think X-files had anything to do with debunking conspiracy theorists. It's just an awesome show!I have all the seasons, and can watch them over and over and they never get old. ( Also have the collector's edition Mulder & Scully Barbie dolls!) A few of my favorite episodes are "Bad Blood", "Jose Chung's from Outer Space", "Hollywood AD", and "Je Souhaite".

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I used to be a major X-Phile.... I watched this show almost religiously. Like all things though, eventually, it kind of lost its way. I loved the Lone Gunmen characters (though their spin-off show was "different"). They should have stuck with more of the X-Files vibe with it, instead of going hokey....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I loved the X-Files. Also The Lone Gunman - the spin-off. My husband and I rewatched the Lone Gunman recently and were shocked at the correclation between 9/11 and the first ep.

Given that and alot of things, I think there's a reason Chris Carter isn't as out in the open as he was.

I sort of wonder sometimes if shows like that contributed to more questioning and now its almost mainstream to be a CT. hmm....*needs to ponder this more*

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TravellingFool

It definitely showed mainstream America that sometimes, the conspiracy theorists are "right"...
(well, at least in some of the story lines). Yeah, I think the show definitely shone a spotlight on conspiracy theorists in general.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
BBC America has the X-Files in syndication during Saturday mornings-afternoons. They used to have it every evening as part of a Sci-Fi block with Doctor Who but that went by the wayside for more Top Gear. Either way, if you have Netflix streaming they have the entire series available for streaming.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It was a good show. I was an X-Phile back in the day, and loved Lone Gunmen also, though I was surprised when they went kind of campy with it. (which is why it likely didn't last).

top topics

join