It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea for something additional on A.T.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I am curious how hard it would be, and would it make sense, to have a forum or area here on ats to go to, where the newer folks could go to "practice" up-loading links, videos, photos etc? I have more to share but without being able to upload, I will remain back in the dark ages. I really dont want to waste other members time by starting threads without sources. If I could "practice" in a forum with other new members with the same issues... I will feel less apprehensive and possibly less embarrassed during the learning process.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Cool idea. Like a test forum.
It could probably just be excluded from all the recent lists and stuff.

Preview works to a degree but it's got a few little glitches, it seems to me anyway, particularly when it comes to videos?
edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yes. I am glad your with me on this. If this doesnt come to fruition, I understand but, I will probably be a "less" useful and foolish looking contributor for a while.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

I've got into the habit of using my original "Intro" thread for test purposes, as when I was teaching myself Youtube links.
Nobody seems to mind- I don't suppose that anybody takes any notice.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is a good idea. It could be a forum that gets cleaned out every so many days to clear up space. I sure made my goofs in the beginning. Still do now and then. Flagged.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thankyou for your reply. I am kinda hoping eventually one of the moderators or staff can respond...cause I am getting this, "F-" no...you cant have it, and dont ask me again, kind of feeling.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

I am all for it. I would even be willing to help write the FAQ page with examples and all. I tell you what, G.A.G, I will look around the site and see what I can construct. I don't think it is really that hard, just some formatting information that isn't readily understood, etc.

The only downside I can see is if ATS may want to conserve server space and may not want to have everybody uploading "useless" or redundant information. Let's give it a try.
edit on 28-1-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

To be perfectly honest I think theres enough support for the newer members available already; a mod will always reply to an Intro post and offers links to everything you need to know about conduct on here and how ATS works in general.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea but the mods have enough to manage already and I'm not so sure they would implement your proposed feature.

Also, don't be afraid to try! I was a little uncomfortable with posting external sources, videos etc at first but once you have done it once you've done it a thousand times and if your ever unsure about anything then just ask, theres plenty of great members on here who will take the time to answer any of your queries.

I'm not saying I'm great but if your stuck with anything then you can happily send me a U2U and I'll do my best to help

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
G.A.G, and others:

Per my research (may want to bookmark these posts):

1. Inserting Hyperlinks for text and picks, and a few other things.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. Inserting YT and Google Videos:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this should help a lot - certainly helped me. I tried to email back to you, but I have not hit the "20" posts yet.

Peace

p.s. I also found this of interest, which may help others out as well. As far as the "key" underneath everyone's name, here is what the letters represent:

P = # of posts you've made
F = # of flags people have given the threads you've started
S = # of stars people have given your posts
W = # of people who you think are Wankers here on ATS
K = # of Kangaroos saved by your insights here on ATS

edit on 28-1-2011 by alyoshablue because: Added more information.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Thankyou so much! I have copied your reply and will be trying these suggestions. One day I will get it, but not without help from people like you. g.a.g.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
How about a board for state politics? These state issues have been hot and will get even hotter. Lots of very interesting battles taking place at the state level.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

What about a thread where people could post leaks similar to wikileaks but without having to register to post.

edit on 28-1-2011 by keldas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

I am sure that has been discussed, knowing the diversity of topics presented here on ATS. I would not want ATS to serve this function. I think, just my opinion, that ATS works best as a secondary site, with respect to discussion of events, rather than being the progenitor of events. As soon as ATS or one site does this, it changes the game and puts a bullseye on you. If ATS were to go down, it is quite possible the world would end.

Also, consider this: ATS provides the unique environment to which everybody around the world can simultaneously and retrospectively, illuminate a topic, where ultimately the topic is "metabolized" in a holistic, contributory manner. This allows for not only the sharing of Wikileaks like information, but the rational and ( mistakenly, though not always seen as important) irrational discussion.

But, good suggestion, nonetheless. Makes me think about the what I am really doing here and how I am contributing, if at all. Need to call my shrink now - thanks.

edit on 28-1-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Also, consider this: ATS provides the unique environment to which everybody around the world can simultaneously and retrospectively, illuminate a topic, where ultimately the topic is "metabolized" in a holistic, contributory manner. This allows for not only the sharing of Wikileaks like information, but the rational and (and mistakenly, though not always seem as important) irrational discussion As your response to "Keldos", you have a well thought out, and well wriiten perspective. Makes one wonder.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
We have THE ATS FRESHMAN FORUM.

Forum description:

ATS Freshman's Forum: This forum is a general gathering place for new members and users to ask questions about AboveTopSecret.com and generally "learn the ropes."

You should be able to do what you are asking there.

?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Well, I will tell you that one of the following is true:

a) I am a robot, and programed to respond like so.

b) I am a NWO/Control shill, posing as a nice guy to secretly extract tidbits of info for the overall success of the plan.

c) I am an individual who has recently "woke up" and hope to best promote whatever is good in this "wakening up" process, seeing ATS as great outlet for such.

d) I am actually G.A.G.'s alternative personality, such that you randomly lose track of time and post messages under Alyoshablue in a complete black out state. The reality is you, and the other personality, are slowly merging into one.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks Ashley, I didn't even know this existed.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS...I see "sesame street" decides to go-off topic to get his/her 20th post at my expense.

top topics

join