It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The term "wake" has been used so much since I've joined this site. Many people do not know what "Waking Up" means. To "wake up" is to "finally understand and/or deal with" each other's emotions.

It doesn't mean that you are physically sleeping; it means that you are not paying attention to the important details.

wake

to become roused from a tranquil or inactive state; awaken; waken: to wake from one's daydreams.

I want you to Wake Up.

You have a Purpose.

Your Purpose is Special, and you cannot let Anyone get in the way of your Purpose.

What do you dream about?
Research this.

What do you think about?
Research this.

What are you?

You cannot be something you can observe at a 360degree angle.

I don't know where my thoughts are right now. I don't know why I had the urge to post this.

I go into every environment with positive energy, because everyone can feel when that negative energy enters a room, or a bar, or a table.

We "create" our own "realities" to a very real extent.

Be Positive. Think Positive. Act Positive. Stay Positive.

As long as you all keep your head up, we'll all be okay.

On head down, all asray.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
For me, waking up involves looking past the happy image or diversions in the media to see how this world really works. It involves understanding the power structures, corruption and outrageous lies that permeate culture. There is already more than enough evidence to slam many of the scandals going on, but despite this they remain unaddressed and unresolved. People have been feed opinions for far too long while the facts are hidden away.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

How do we demand the facts?

How can we get answers?

It is such a sad world to wake up to sometimes.

I am tired of winning the little battles.

Someone needs to make a stand.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

I believe that to wake up is to see things as they are. It is not an explainable, it is not a religion, it is no spiritual awakening. It is merely to be able to set aside the prejudice drilled into your whole life, to take a step back from life and see it for what it is.

Some choose to not wake up because many who do decide they like to play in the dream.

There are no battles to fight, only games to play. If you win counts, but it doesn't matter.

The best example I've seen anywhere of what it is to wake up was strangely a Guy Ritchie movie "Revolver". It does an excellent job of showing what happens when you wake up set aside the ego and what you can accomplish.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Interesting, I'll have to watch that movie.

It sounds interesting and seems like it may answer some questions I have.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

How do we demand the facts?

This can be a tough one at times, letters to governments and industry go unanswered, hard questions get ignored or sidetracked. Even if you are in they system does not make it any easier at times. Petitions can take time and effort to get moving. Media pressure has been a good technique, but can get blocked on some issues.

How can we get answers?

The internet and research are great resources. It can be a bit overwhelming at times with so much information and competing ideas. It does take time and some common sense to work through it and see the long term trends over time for different stories. Sites like ATS can be good to get some different perspectives and ideas, not always but sometimes.

I can understand your sadness and tiredness in trying to face it. The most important thing is to address your actions as that is what you have the most influence over. When it comes to the ideas and actions of others you can help wake some of them up when you have a good understanding of the problems. A lot of the more serious issues are very deep and long term problems, it is going to take time to turn around. The longest of journeys are achieved one step at a time.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I think a lot of it has to do with the ego. That part of you that is determined by society rather than yourself. Recognizing it and being able to get there are different things. It's like a combination lock on the door. You found the door, but now you need to figure out the combination!

It's great fun. I spent the majority of my 20s and late teens studying, searching, applying logic, ill-logic, and any such thing. As soon as I had it figured I realized I was wrong. As soon as I knew I could never be right and there are no answers I think I took a step in the right direction...

That said I've been playing in the "real" world and may never go back to the search for what is really real.

new topics

top topics

join