It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the behavior we are expected to 'tolerate'??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
personal disclosure --> i am against all organized religions.
This posting is not about Islam but the words and actions of its leaders and followers.

I am totally dismayed that anyone who claims a link to civility could, should or would even consider participating in the voluntarily killing of another over an 'alleged' behavior.
*yes, i feel the same about our current wars*
... but, these lunatics actually bring guns to a stoning, yet we're the barbarians?

Regardless of what any book says ... what does your heart say?

If these are the people we are supposed to 'tolerate' ... i admit openly and freely, i cannot, i will not and i honestly wonder how others could possiby. imho, this is beyond a disgrace.

source: ______beforeitsnews/story/381/652/They_Insult_the_Prophet.html

TALIBAN SPOKESMAN: ‘Anyone who knows about Islam knows that stoning is in the Koran, and that it is Islamic law. There are people who call it inhuman – but in doing so they insult the Prophet. They want to bring foreign thinking to this country’

alternate source: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Caution: extremely graphic ...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
No all powerful, highly evolved and intelligent source would condone this type of behaviour. There is never a good excuse for this barbaric and backwards behaviour! Do all Islamics practice this type of behaviour, or are these just the hard core and deranged type? Let us hope if/when we get visitors from off the planet that these are not the people to represent the human race!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Does the Koran really promote these behaviors?

I mean, look at Christians. The majority of them do not follow Christ's teachings.

I would imagine that most Muslims don't follow Mohamed's either.

edit on 28-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
A few hundred years is not a long time in the evolution of the planet. Western cultures use to nail people to crosses, burn people at the stake and they still torture them in some parts today. Yeah, stoning is still a bit backwards when corporal punishment has been enforced with better tools available for the job, at least they did make sure the job was finished with a gun, hopefully it sets a precedent. There are a lot of dumbass traditions and different cultural values around the world. At least the people killed there did know the rules, not like some ignorant or unaware travellers.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Reply to both Australiana and PoorFool

Australiana - prayers to you and those you love down under ... may you envision relief soon.
thanks for responding and i agree, i sure hope we have better representation.

i won't speak for all Islamics (muslims) because i don't believe they do, however, the words and actions of their leaders (and more than one) really make me pause and question this 'belief'.

I know i do not trust the followers, they follow.
At one time, i thought the leaders were more likely, 'misunderstood', or the teachings misinterpreted by the students, as many Christian leaders have been over the years.
However, given time to observe, research, discuss and dismiss previously held assumptions, i must admit, i was wrong.

the muslims i know personally, do not behave in such a manner, in public.
what they do behind closed doors though, i could not relay.

actually, what concerns me more ... is in Afghanistan (where this took place), how often is it happening and we never know?
and why is our POTUS so determined to join American law with Islamic law via an Intl treaty which would supercede our Constitution?

PoorFool - to answer your question about the Qu'ran, yes unfortunately, it does.
thanks, but i've looked at faux Chrisitians long enough. They don't impress me either.

However, when it comes to Islamic teachings, that's a whole different ball o'wax.
Not meaning to alarm you but perhaps you should review some of this: www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Constantly repeating bad behavior is no indication of positive progress.
Continually denying the behavior is wrong, leaves no room for growth.
i'm just stumped that moderate muslims are not addressing or correcting this problem, rather quietly supporting a desire to import it, here.

honestly ... this is just one example (leader) they're encouraged to follow ...
www.signonsandiego.com...

Authorities are holding a Muslim cleric who was ousted from Canada three years ago and discovered this month hiding in the trunk of a BMW after after he illegally crossed into San Diego County from Mexico.

but if this isn't bad enough ... read on ...

Said Jaziri, a Tunisian imam, is expected to testify against American citizen Kenneth Robert Lawler, who was driving the vehicle Jan. 11.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
A few hundred years is not a long time in the evolution of the planet. Western cultures use to nail people to crosses, burn people at the stake and they still torture them in some parts today. Yeah, stoning is still a bit backwards when corporal punishment has been enforced with better tools available for the job, at least they did make sure the job was finished with a gun, hopefully it sets a precedent. There are a lot of dumbass traditions and different cultural values around the world. At least the people killed there did know the rules, not like some ignorant or unaware travellers.

appreciate the input but this isn't about comparisons.

yes, the USA has its issues, but in a couple hundred years, we've come a long way and corrected many of our previous bad behaviors ... the problem i see here is that after a few Thousand years, this group hasn't learned much at all and doesn't seem to want to, either.

i harbor no angst for corporal punishment, it has its place.
But, this is not corporal punishment, this is torture, in every sense of the word.
Not sure what precedent you'd like to be set but if this is your idea of 'acceptable' behavior, we'll have to agree to disagree, cause i do.

edit to add: this sentence just sunk in -- "A few hundred years is not a long time in the evolution of the planet." -- please tell me you are joking ... planet evolution = a few hundred years???
edit on 28-1-2011 by Honor93 because: add text

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I was not condoning the act, but just trying to put it in perspective. A lot of indigenous cultures around the world hardly change over thousands of years. It has only been when other cultures have come and shared ideas and influence that major changes start to take place. This video has been on local tv here in Australia and with all the trouble going on in Afghanistan it comes across a cheep shot to justify an ongoing war.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Over here our government is airing television commercials about how Australia does not tolerate domestic violence and there is a part where it is specifically targeted towards Muslim women. There is also a campaign underway that educates Muslim women on what is and is not acceptable in Australia in regards to domestic violence. This program has been initiated to inform abused women to seek help and for young Muslim boys and girls to understand that, despite their history in their home country, domestic violence is not tolerated in Australia. So the world is waking up to what really goes on in certain situations of Muslim rituals.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Islam has really done a great job, by fooling the world that it is a religion, and a religion of peace, that promotes tolerance, and equality, and women's rights. And the sad thing is people believe it. And another sad thing, is it's becoming a crime to disagree with it(like in the UK). They obviously have a plan to take over the world, and they are, and the governments are protecting(helping?) them to achive this goal, and supress anyone that acts in any way against their world agenda.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Do you guys think that these people justify the war in the ME? Honest question...
edit on 28-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
No - war is never a good thing. If this type of punishment is part of the Muslim faith, then it is definitely not a peaceful religion. I want the world to live in peace and unity but seeing scenes like the one the OP posted reaffirms my stance that I never want to be under the rule of Muslim laws.
edit on 29/1/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

top topics

join