It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Back Button. Greatest Invention to Date.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wanted to share something that I have noticed since I got here, and that is if you have nothing to contribute to a thread that you dont like... press the back button. Why do people take the time, to just have the need to express their disgust for a thread, but have nothing to either explain why they disagree, or if they see a fault in it.

I am sure that I am not the only one here that has had this done to one of their threads, and though everyone wants to complain about the jobs of the mods, they have to continuously step in to bickering, or off topic discussions. There would be more time for them to settle real issues, or contribute themselves.

You really want to show that you dont like a thread, allow it to be buried, or at least let others that are enjoying it to do just that. When I do go into a thread, and its getting good, there's always a bunch of people that write things like.

This is silly/stupid.
HOAX!!
This has been done before, (mind you they link a thread thats about 3 yrs old).
BS!

We blame the quality of the threads on the writers, when in fact most of the time its the members that contribute nothing to it, that bring it down. Give some people a chance. If someone post a video, people wont watch it, but fill the thread with 3 pages of nonsense.

Thanks for reading my rant!
BTW, if you have nothing to contribute... dont forget... BACK BUTTON!!!

When in doubt, back button it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
very well put. If you must bash a post, tell us why!!

i also dislike when someone only contributes "S&F"

we can already see the star and flag, so there is no need to tell us that it was "you" who did it

if there are other contributions to the post, feel free i guess

just my opinion

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Ha i know, we can tell there is a star and flag already, i'm pretty sure people do that because they want to be popular on ATS and get more points, so they can say "look me me i got stars derp"

Anoying, like when people just claim it to be TPTB, common, atleast give us your opinion of what TPTB are.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, if the the little green back button on my browser were a physical thing rather than just a digitally-produced pack of pixels, the color would have worn off it by now!

I've often wondered why some members only seem to "contribute" negatively in threads; perhaps it's cathartic for them in some way, but most likely they just have a negative mindset in general and along with that, have never progressed beyond the schoolyard "Did not!" -- "Did too!" level of argument. It makes me wonder what they do in real life.

I see such types as analogous in some ways to the almost pathologically dangerous drivers who come flying up behind you on a busy road at way over the speed limit, overtake at insane risk to themselves and others, then slam on the brakes and turn right into the very next gas station -- totally defeating the purpose of all they've just done. They just have to demonstrate their superiority in some way, no matter how stupid and inconsiderate they have to be to achieve that.

Sometimes it would be nice to have a "back button" we could use in real life.

Best regards,

Mike

edit on 13/2/11 by JustMike because: Oh Typos, Oh Mores!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Good way to deal with trolls, or wannabee internet stalkers. Ignore them and press the back button, its only words on a screen.

If someone is hassling you online, just ignore them and do not fall for there mobbing tactics often used on web boards.

But sometimes things have to be said in threads.

top topics

join