It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Orb like I've never seen before..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Hazz-14

Dude, clean the dust particles off your lens....yeeeeesh!!!

edit on 27-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

It was raining that night.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

I've been a paranormal investigator for years and I've seen LOTS of orb pics... all were dust, rain, snow, etc.

BUT, it is said that true orbs are the way that energy (any kind of energy! NOT just paranormal) manifests in photos. I'll admit that the 'orb' here is different than most I've seen, but what I find interesting about it is that it is right below a power line. I bet there's some major electrical energy running through that power line! So, with that said, you may very well have a pic of a true orb. If so, probably not paranormal, but a true orb... a manifestation of energy in a photo. If this is the case, congrats! Because it would be the first orb pic I've ever seen that I didn't discount as dust, rain, snow, moisture, etc, etc, and so on.

I can't say for sure that it's NOT a ghost, but I'm leaning toward the power line theory. Even so, I'm glad you posted because I have never seen such an orb... and trust me, I've seen A LOT! This one is very unique and actually kind of pretty!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

THANK you for that gemineye!! I appreciate that.. it really is like nothing I've seen before.. I've done alot of looking at different orb pics and havent seen one like this before! That's a neat theory about the power line too. Very interesting!!! Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

You're very welcome! I've actually taken pics of power lines and other such things before, just to try to get pics of "true" orbs and was never able to do it. I think your niece may have actually succeeded.

edit on 1/27/2011 by gemineye because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The power line theory sounds very plausible and very interesting!
Nice one.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

edit on 27/1/2011 by Hazz-14 because: double post

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weeeden
reply to post by mtnshredder

Seriously tho, if it had been in my camera (which died a year or so ago) .. wouldn't I have had other pictures with a similar mark in them?? Nothing that day, nothing ever.. lol

It has to be in your camera......they're not orbs. Like I mentioned above the orbs are in the exact, and I do mean exact same spot in every pic, this would not be the case if they were orbs. It's in the camera or photo shopped, not sure why it's not in your other pics.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

What do you mean the orbs are in the same position in every picture?? I only posted one pic.. I think I might be missing something here.. Or were you talking about the OTHER pics the other poster put up... ???

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

What do you mean the orbs are in the same position in every picture?? I only posted one pic.. I think I might be missing something here.. Or were you talking about the OTHER pics the other poster put up... ???

I thought the 3 links were different pics..now I see they're the same pics.
edit on 28-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

All of the pictures are the same picture.. I just changed the color and stuff to show different views of the picture!? I can't think of the word for what I did, but I used a photo effects thing to see the picture in a different light... do you know what I mean?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by davespanners

Well the image has been saved alot of times.. I got this image off of my Facebook page, cause Iwas showing family and stuff, (and my brother in law who's in the pic)
I have no reason to try to fake a picture, i loathe people who do that, I think it's tacky.. so like I said, believe me or not! I just thought it was really neat and wanted to share!!! *not so glad I did now!* lol

Well,
Be glad you did!
Im glad you did!

There is always going to be people who wont believe you no matter what..
that's just the nature of this "game". lol

But, whatever its worth to you..
I do believe you..

and there is no string attatched..
it just appears that way until you zoom..
then we see its part of the tress, and is not straight or aligned.

I dunno what the hell that is..
But I think its probably really in the photo..
and
!!

Its like..
a super-manifested-orb !!

Granted , it could still be faked...
but I really don;t think it is,
and I think you're being honest.
Nice catch! Thanks for sharing!!.
Thats pretty amazing..

Question..
Were the 2 men in the photo, mourning?
Recently lose someone close?
Talking about someone close, or losing someone close?
edit on 28-1-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

All of the pictures are the same picture.. I just changed the color and stuff to show different views of the picture!? I can't think of the word for what I did, but I used a photo effects thing to see the picture in a different light... do you know what I mean?

Yeah, the back grounds were so different I didn't notice it was the same pic.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't know, I see a wire hanging down to that orb. I want to believe you but that is what I see in the picture. It's an interesting photo nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Question..
Were the 2 men in the photo, mourning?
Recently lose someone close?
Talking about someone close, or losing someone close?
edit on 28-1-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

Thank you very much for your kind words! It takes away the sting of being called a faker..Nice to wake up to today!

The two men in the picture weren't mourning... That's my brother in law and my husband, and quite often look grumpy LOL!
They were probably tired after a day of cutting down trees.. It was a few years before that, that their grandma passed away, so that was the closest death in the family there would have been..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

edit on 28-1-2011 by Weeeden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If you look closely at the photo where some have reported seeing a 'wire' from which they assume the orb is hanging, you will see that it is part of a criss-cross grid effect that goes over the whole photo. This is to do with the photo quality I presume. Otherwise you could say that the two men are also suspended from wires - in fact their whole surroundings too!

I believe the OP, that this photo is genuine. Whether it is a genuine orb I'm not sure as I haven't researched the subject enough to be certain. Flag for you OP thanks for posting this interesting photo.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

That's exactly what it is, download the image open with any editor like G.I.M.P. and zoom in, you clearly see a black wire hanging from above going directly down the center of the orb.

Without photos of the same spot without the orb, can't confirm 100% but if that think black line is a coincidence, it's awful convenient that it centers the orb perfectly.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

silly boy, you must of realized you would be named and shamed after this! Id start a new profile and come up with sumin new!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbiy666
reply to post by Weeeden

silly boy, you must of realized you would be named and shamed after this! Id start a new profile and come up with sumin new!

I feel no shame, and I'm a woman.. not a boy.
I'm disappointed that there are such cynics around here..
I'm not brave enough to climb up to an electrical line to hang a shiny thing from it.. if I did that, i'm guessing I wouldn't be alive today to post this picture!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Ok, I took your advice and opened the picture in an editor for a closer look. I'm going to retract what I said earlier about a wire. If you zoom in to 800 percent you can clearly see that what appears to be a wire is part of the crosshatching that is all across the photo. You will also see the "wire" is not exactly centered on the orb, so it can't be hanging like that. At 100 percent, it does look like a wire, but the crosshatching at 100 percent also is clearly visible on other parts of the photo, most especially so on the cheek of the gentleman to the right. Now, also, if you zoom out to around 60 percent, all the crosshatching disappears and the orb appears to be floating in mid air.

So, for me, I'm back to square one. I have no idea what this is, but it sure does look like an orb floating there.

S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join