It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major WORLDWIDE Heavy Seismic Activity!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Just checked it right now, 7:00p.m. est...It is a mess all over the world....here is the link so you can see it..

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

5.0 EarthQuakes all over the earth right now...

Link:hisz.rsoe.hu...
edit on 27-1-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

this has happened before wonder what it is

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am certain these facts are real can you tell me again or show me in the tucson az. reion and phoenix how these will be affected? thank you for the info!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

thanks for that link checking it out now good information on that thanks for sharing could you tell me what the vei index means?. sorry i am new to this site and others and i am still learing (lol)

sorry i read information i now know what it mean Volcanic Explosivity Index should have read befor posting haha
edit on 27-1-2011 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In the scientific community, seismologists compare NO LESS than 100 years of data to determine "normal"

Claiming that there are "more than last year" for example, doesn't actually say much. Depth, magnitude, energy output, type, location, etc. etc. must be factored in.

Without more data, I don't think "heavy seismic activity" is accurate.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Look people, why don't you ask these questions at Quake Watch 2011? The people there are very good with this.

When there is a very large quake like a 6 or 7 recorded it shows up on ALL THE SEISMOGRAMS all over the world.

Please be aware of this when you see threads like this.

Educate yourself.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
Who to believe? A NC videographer who has looked at a few websites and tries to guess what it all means, or someone who has the knowledge to really know what it mean?
I'll stick with the experts.
Really, this guy doesn't get anything right. He even thinks the sun is not coming up in the same place everyday! Which isn't news, because it doesn't come up in the same place or even at the same time everyday, and it never has.
If this guy doesn't know the really basic science behind where and why the sun moves like it does, how do you expect him to know how to read a seismograph? This is a really complex piece of equipment, that shows lots of things to the right person. This is not the right person. I know this person, through many names and accounts, and he doesn't get anything right.
Back to the matter at hand, there are lots of seismology sites around. Check them out if you want to know what is normal and what is not. I just saw a show today about the "Ring of Fire", an almost global circle of volcanic and earthquakes through many countries and continents. It goes through Alaska, and they have a normal 1500+ earthquakes a year. If there is an earthquake anywhere along the ring, there will be reactions everywhere around the ring. The earth is a chaotic, dynamic (both science terms) place, and no one can plan for or predict an earthquake.
And you cannot become a seismologist behind a monitor.
I don't think anyone here is taking everything this guy says at face value and if they are they shouldn't. He does raise some valid points though and is just along the lines of what some of us have been keeping an eye on. No we aren't professional seismologists but over the years I've learned the hard way dealing with so called professionals(doctors, Gov't "scientists" etc), may not always tell you the whole truth so investigating and thinking for yourself should be encouraged. Strange things are going on, do you think the professionals are telling the truth?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Look people, why don't you ask these questions at Quake Watch 2011? The people there are very good with this.

When there is a very large quake like a 6 or 7 recorded it shows up on ALL THE SEISMOGRAMS all over the world.

Educate yourself.

Thankyou!

Can't stress how irritating it is to see these threads pop up EVERYTIME a big quake happens. I was waiting for one of you guys in Quakewatch to come and 'debunk'

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I guess because some are not aware of it; And I am sure trying to play guessing games with haarp playing with our lives , has people very concerned, you might want to pull the rudeness down a few notches!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Educate yourself.

True. I believe thats where I learned that it depends on the depth of the earthquake if it will effect other monitors and to what distance.

Im a casual lookie-looer... and then look to those who know more than me on the subject. WOnt matter much anyway.. its not going to announce itself here on the New Madrid. Just like Ca.. its going to do it when it wants with no real forewarning.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

I don't believe I was rude at all.

Really.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

WHat.. you didnt know we were the only country in North America?? Silly Canadian woman..

That's OK. Even in Canada, the province I'm in often gets forgotten about, and it's in the middle of the country! At least I don't live in the non existent really northern Territories.

I know that I'm safe where I am, but I want to know where Canada's center beachfront is going to be. It might be close if the whole continent is expected to break in half.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Educate yourself.

The quake watch thread is way too long, and this is not about a single quake it is about abnormal seismic readings world wide. They are abnormal readings world wide. We are educating ourselves by asking questions about it. No one has yet specifically contradicted anything the video is showing so what is your point? It is mainly showing seismic graphs from all over the globe and he is giving his opinion. What problems specifically do you have with this? The seismic graphs seem to speak for themselves do they not?

I specifically asked for the ATS resident experts to weigh in but it is annoying when people come on thread all high and mighty and do not contribute any education etc. but instead just try and dress us down.
edit on 27-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I personally did not like the start of your response with"look people" as if we are stupid, not a good responseor reply to people asking questions and especially not your thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

That's a really uplifting, positive site, huh? It's kind of cool actually. In a "glad it's not me" kind of way.

One of the things I discovered while researching the number of earthquakes considered normal, is that there is at least one earthquake somewhere on the globe every hour.
What looking at the site in the OP's video, it should be viewed for what it is. When there is a single large earthquake, in China for instance, all the seisomgraphs in Asia, Pacifica, even Alaska will record it. But it's all a single earthquake. If they added more sensors, there would be more recordings of it, but that doesn't make it any worse or widespread, it just means we have more information about it.
If you look on the page in the video, (link to the Video's graphs), there are 6 seismographs in China. If they doubled them to get better information, it would look like there is a lot of earth moving......but it would still be just one earthquake.

I think the videographer isn't quite getting that. To much sensationalism, but not enough thought and research.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

Can't stress how irritating it is to see these threads pop up EVERYTIME a big quake happens. I was waiting for one of you guys in Quakewatch to come and 'debunk'

Debunk what? Perhaps if you actually read the OP and looked at the video you might realize this is not about some big quake. And read my previous post as to why this is not in the several year long quake watch thread.
edit on 27-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think it is important at this point to get all types of information there is a lot of dirt and scum in office and high places that are excited about depopulation on grand scales : Do you think they will announce it!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The quake watch thread is way too long, and this is not about a single quake it is about abnormal seismic readings world wide. They are abnormal readings world wide.

You are falling into the same error as the videographer! It's many readings about a single earthquake, not lots of earthquakes! It's all one earthquake per area. How many instruments they use to record it varies greatly. More readings, more information, better understanding of earthquakes not more readings more earthquakes.
That's why you can't trust this guy. He doesn't know what he is talking about, he is just talking.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by Advantage

WHat.. you didnt know we were the only country in North America?? Silly Canadian woman..

That's OK. Even in Canada, the province I'm in often gets forgotten about, and it's in the middle of the country! At least I don't live in the non existent really northern Territories.

I know that I'm safe where I am, but I want to know where Canada's center beachfront is going to be. It might be close if the whole continent is expected to break in half.
Id love for your property value to raise and acquire a beach front.. but not at the cost of splitting in half.

Heck, you all might be begging for us to split if our president and your guy keep making weird deals behind closed doors.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

sorry but some people are new here and are not aware of the quake watch thread which i might add is a million pages long not litterly and its a lot to take in and the op was just asking for higer ups to put in some thoughts on this you don't need to get angus about the whole thing

sorry for spelling english is not that flash left school way to early appoligies

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join