It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could cosmetics disfigure women? Web bots say yes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So i bought the latest web bot report. Very interesting. I thought it was a sham, but now i'm not sure with all the economic stuff in the news, with the deficit and all. But that's another discussion and another thread.

But one part caught my eye. It talked about this year, how cosmetics might be contaminated with diseases, causing disfigurations and scars, enough to start a trend of facial tattoos and masks worn in public. That bad.

Here are the snippits:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d6d4034547b.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8468aa12a5eb.png[/atsimg]

Whether or not the web bots are legit is not the question. The point of this thread is to speculate on whether or not it would be possible for a disease to do this and maybe even try to pin-point what diseases could be used, to try and counter-act this possibility. It's better safe than sorry.

I don't know about you, but would be very upset if beautiful ladies started getting disfigured by using a little make-up

For those of you who haven't heard of the web bot project, it's a string of bots that searches the web for keywords, and then sends back the text before and after the keyword. It's then sent to a database to be analyzed. The premise is that looking at the online world can give a sort of view of the collective of humanity, and that language can be used as a tool to collect the info.

It's had both hits and misses. It missed WW3, Israel attacking Iran, economic collapse. But had hits on 9/11, Katrina, boxing day tsunami, economic crash of 2007/08, BP disaster. And questionable hits/misses, as they called for an economic collapse starting in November and taking the time of several months, along with 'release' language. Release language = wikileaks.
edit on 27-1-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
See, this just makes me real glad I'm not one of those women that can't leave the house without make-up. I don't really wear any. I know it's a billion dollar industry, and I would think that something like this could happen. If an ingredient was infected and used. Scary!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Thank you for sharing
I usually only wear eye liner and mascara with lip gloss. Not into the whole preppy scene, I stick to casual/skater but at least once a week I dress up and put on some makeup. I would hate to get something like that especially for that ocassional use. Now you have me paranoid Ha.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

You're welcome
Wouldn't want you to fall for the diabolical plan of making women ugly. Men everywhere are cringing at the mere thought of that. I mean, if women were ugly, then who/what would we look at?
Haha jk.

Ehh... If you really want to use make-up, i would use it sparingly (sort of like what you're doing). I'm not sure if this will happen, however i feel it might be best to err on the side of caution.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
That's why I love my women natural. Throw a little blush on, I'm cool with it.

But I like it natural.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Just throw a paper bag over their head and call it a day...
J/k j/k!

new topics

top topics

join