It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would Israel sell arms to Iran?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Thanks for the link and info.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just add this in there.. even though you guys have covered darned near the whole scenario.. in 1980 I believe it was, Saddam was given the keys to the city of Detroit. He was an American buddy and donated money to a Chaldean catholic church in Detroit among other things. At that time the Americans and Iraq were allied against Iran. Then the Iran Contra deal... my grandfather actually had a framed picture of Ollie and said he was an innocent patsy ( lol).. and we all know what comes next.. we go after our buddy as the dictator of a horrible regime and bomb Iraq. Its all like a huge bad play.. but real people really die with all of these freakish political dances. All the while we fund both sides of everything it seems and Israel sits back and meddles.

Being a friend of the US and Israel doesnt always turn out so well.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Being an allie isn't always healthy either...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Advantage

Being an allie isn't always healthy either...

The heads of all of our countries are insane IMO. Theyre all complicit and no one is any worse than the other. Its just weird once you start really looking into it. There really are NO clean hands here.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Aside from what you all have covered very well, maybe for the same reason we're selling arms to people who are using them to kill out troops in Afghanistan? Hell didn't we even give them the money? You think these MIC pukes care whose money it is or what the weapons are intended for?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They do this for the same reason they do anything... To make themselves look like the eternal victims...

Give them the weapons, tell your MSM to tell the world that they have the weapons and want to use them, then you have an "excuse" to do what you want to...

Problem, Reaction, Solution...

Help your enemy sink itself... Give youself a reason to invade them by arming them and blaming them for having the weapons that are pointing at you...

Magnum

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Good points being added.

I recently saw a study (if necessary, I will look for the source, but let's just consider it a talking point for now) that showed how most people in positions of power would clinically diagnosed as sociopaths. (i.e. lack of empathy, compulsive liars etc...)

How's that for building confidence!?!

I think we can come to the same conclusion just by studying their actions when compared to what they say.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Not really, but it kind of works out that way on occasion.

He who BROKERS a deal can make money, but is often the deal-maker APPARENT.

Iranian Persians detest Arabs and the opposite is likewise true. Although Hizballah has gotten significant help from Persian/Iranian fundamentalists against the mutual religious enemy - Israel.

But back in the day, we were fighting communists and Sandanista in South America. The problem was the standard problem - our Congress was a group of candiasses - and wouldn't sufficiently fund the fight against the communists there.

The Iranians needed certain parts. Due to embargo, they couldn't get them on the market easily, so they were prepared to pay a premium in kind (cash/oil).

Certain non-Congressional interests in the US could obtain parts critical to Iran, mark up the price considerably, make a profit, and take the profit and finance the fight against the communists in South America.

In essence, going around a retarded Congress.

Take funds from one enemy to fight another.

Use Israel where needed to broker the deal to minimize direct contact as much as possible.

Simple.

It's called "getting the job done around wishy-washy political restrictions."

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Use Israel where needed to broker the deal to minimize direct contact as much as possible.
Simple.

OR, the select few keeping the world in a perpetual state of war for profit and control...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

You know what I find funny is that nobody has pointed just how willing "Iran" was to deal and do business with those evil Zionist Vermin when it serves their needs.

edit on 27-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Simple.

OR, the select few keeping the world in a perpetual state of war for profit and control...

Some sort of typo occurred, because that is not my quote.

In fact, I pretty much disagree with the fact that "candy-asses" in congress couldn't get the job done fighting commies in South America.
The modern history of South America is a repeating story line of hard line, right-wing dictators who supported American private interests being removed by popular uprising or election. These new governments believed that the resources of the country should be used to benefit the citizens of that country, as opposed to external private interests.
They were, systematically labeled "communists" and covert warfare was used to reinstate a hard line, right-wing dictator who was favorable to the exploitation of the country's resources by external, private interests.

That is why it had to be kept secret from congress!

The one good thing about the whole Iran/Contra affair is that the existence of a secret government was made obvious.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Some sort of typo occurred, because that is not my quote.

Yes, aint that wierd??
I've noticed it and pointed it out before..

I actually hit "quote" in FarArcher's post..
That's odd...

edit on 27-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by FarArcher

You know what I find funny is that nobody has pointed just how willing "Iran" was to deal and do business with those evil Zionist Vermin when it serves their needs.

edit on 27-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Yes indeed, though, as you could see in the sourced article, they were vehement in denying any of it.

I guess that, in a time of war, actual survival trumps religiously motivated rhetoric!

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It's all good... who cares really? The whole point of this is to encourage (hopefully intelligent) discussion isn't it?

Cheers,

the Billmeister

Unless it is part of a conspiracy against conspiracy sites to encourage conspiring conspirators!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What in hell are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

What in hell are you talking about?

The sentence above is not conducive to intelligent discussion.

What, specifically, in my post do you have trouble understanding?

Thanks,

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Israel helped escalate a war between two of it's enemies..
Sounds logical to me...Moral? Who knows...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Israel helped escalate a war between two of it's enemies..
Sounds logical to me...Moral? Who knows...

Yes, it definitely was a pragmatic and very strategic maneuver.

Present tensions between Iran and Israel certainly makes one believe that the situation perhaps didn't turn out exactly they planned.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

My sentence isn't conducive to intelligent discussions?

Good God, man!

Read your posts, and then tell me what in hell that has to do with the topic?

What are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

My sentence isn't conducive to intelligent discussions?

Good God, man!

Read your posts, and then tell me what in hell that has to do with the topic?

What are you talking about?

He was talking about a glitch on ATS that made my reply to you look like a reply to him..
I alerted ATS as it is not the first time I've seen it happen..

<< 1    3 >>

join