It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy SC Woman Hangs & Burns Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
www.nydailynews.com

A South Carolina woman is claiming an act of canine cruelty was simply an act of divine intervention.

Miriam Fowler Smith, 65, told cops on Monday that she hung and burned her nephew's pit bull after the animal took a bite out of her bible.

She claimed God urged her to kill Diamond, a 1-year-old female dog, because the animal was a "devil dog" and would hurt neighborhood children.

Smith was arrested on Sunday and remains in Spartanburg County jail. She could face faces 180 days or up to five years behind bars if she's convicted with felony animal cruelty.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/26/2011 by wickedqueenamanda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
My boss just told this story, which happened January 24, 2011 in Columbia, South Carolina. What is wrong with people?! This makes me sick.

This crazy lady should know that dogs can't read & it didn't know it was her Bible. The poor dog was probably chewing on whatever it could find just to get some attention.

The woman hung the dog by the neck with an extension cord from a tree, then doused it with kerosene and set the dog on fire. She was calling it a "devil dog" & said she was afraid it would hurt neighborhood children.

The dog belonged to her nephew - it was not even her dog! If she was having these feelings about the "devil dog", she should have called her nephew to come get it, not hang it & burn it on a tree in the yard.

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I do not agree with cruelty to animals at all. and this sounds completely wrong to me, but also what i find very disturbing, is your very misleading thread title

Even though some people do consider pets as part of the family. referring to the dog as "Her Son" in your title is slightly different.
edit on 1/26/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wickedqueenamanda

Maby she should get a. Tast of her own medicine eh?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Wow,okay

Didn't know you still get people like that.That's insane.They should burn her.DAMN DEVIL WOMEN!!

YEh,what's up with the title?looking for attention?

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Wow I'm glad the headline was incorrect! While hanging a dog is horrible in every way, thank goodness it wasn't really her son who was hung.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Incorrect title and this topic has already been posted (correctly) at least once.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Christianity at its finest. They claim to be peaceful, yet wish iraq was turned into a sheet of glass. Such hipocrits. More blood has been shed for and by christians than any other religion.

Deebo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Sorry about the title - I fixed it. I was in a hurry while posting it (in secret at work) lol
I did a quick search before postign & didn't see this story. If it's already been discussed, I'm sorry.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

A horrible story, but why did you call it "her son" in your thread title? I suppose you have a feeling for animals, and such cruelty is completely unjustified, but animals are not people..
Vicky

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Spartansburg, SC again? One has to wonder what they're putting in the water down there!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Spartansburg, SC again? One has to wonder what they're putting in the water down there!

I'm more interested in what they're putting in the Bible down there. I'm no biblical scholar or anything, but my copy appears to be missing the parts about the devil being a dog. I imagine it's probably in some sort of extended version of Revelations or somesuch...

"Behold! The Devil cometh on little tiny paws of evil!
And his big, soft, puppy-dog eyes shall burn with the cutest fires of ten thousand hells!
And his tail shall wag, and the children of the neighborhood shall be laid low!"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoHazard

Spartansburg was the location where little over a week ago a 14 yo boy killed his family and told the police he didn't know why, hence my reference to the water.

No, my bible doesn't describe the devil as furry either. This woman has been alone with her own thoughts way too long. Poor dog!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
A susceptible mind warped to madness by the media's relentless and unfounded assault on the breed.

With all the irrational breed hate Ive seen on this site you'd think posters would be glad. Raise the woman on high.

But theres a lot of church hate up here too.

Interesting to see which irrational hate wins the popular opinion here.

top topics

join