It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blowing the whistle on drug companies that overcharge Medicare and Medicaid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Source

Reporting from Washington — Last December, a specialty pharmacy in Florida enjoyed its best month ever — posting a hefty $168.7 million in revenues. But it wasn't filling prescriptions that made Ven-A-Care of the Florida Keys Inc. such a success. Tiny Ven-A-Care has developed a lucrative niche market: blowing the whistle on drug companies that overcharge Medicare and Medicaid — and collecting tens of millions of dollars in reward money.

The company conducts research, comparing the prices it paid for drugs with the prices reported by drug makers to the government for reimbursement. Ven-A-Care files suit, on behalf of the government, when it spots large discrepancies between the two sets of prices.

It can be profitable in this way for a company to prevent frauds and also gives a good public image.

Americans, if you thought a change in your healthcare was costly, you should take a better look to the true cost frauds represent. I'm even more surprised that insurance companies didn't investigate this particular issue, but no, it was easier to make the customers pay.

On the long run, it gave you the healthcare reform.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Got to find out if they are hiring, this will be a growing market in the years to come!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

Star and flag. Good post, and something that we are looking for, I think Medicaid and Medicare are getting ripped off for millions every single day. I once had a good friend who are a pharmacist. He told me that there is a 1000% markup on all drugs, from manufacturer to your hand, and I believed him at the time, and still do. The trouble here is the system is corrupt, and has been for some time. People in this business need to have some strict oversight, make their license hang in the balance. Big Pharm runs the prescription drug industry in America, we either buy from them, or cross a international border to make what constitutes an illegal buy.
America need a change, people, and a big change. And it needs it now, not next year, next month, or next week even. NOW!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

I think what makes this particularly interesting is the fact that this kind of stuff isn't exposed without a reward... It would do true justice to point out that there is a flaw in billing for justice, not monetary gain. However, it is a start. If money is a motivator in the beginning, I guess I cannot be upset that it is at least happening.

join