It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tillman Story (2010) Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I just found the Pat Tillman documentary that I have been looking for for a while... Thought that some of you guys might find it interesting as well...

Movie info: www.tillmanstory.com... www.imdb.com...

www.vidxden.com...

www.megavideo.com...

www.wisevid.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Good find!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Care to give some informatin as to what he says? Not everyone can watch videos and you are suppose to put your own opinion and some information from the video.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hey, pardon the ignorance but who or what is Tillman? Bit more info and and views would be nice.
Can't watch the vids at work but can get away with following via the good old iPhone!

Thanks in advance and peace!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Hey, pardon the ignorance but who or what is Tillman? Bit more info and and views would be nice.
Can't watch the vids at work but can get away with following via the good old iPhone!

Thanks in advance and peace!

In a nutshell, Pat Tillman was an NFL player who quit the league to join the military after 9/11. He was killed overseas in what was originally reported to be by insurgents (read: locals) but later found out to be a friendly-fire incident.

I don't believe the entire truth about the incident has ever come out but at the end of the day, its just a damned shame for something like this to happen to someone like that.
edit on 26-1-2011 by TXRabbit because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
A little background...

Pat Tillman was a professional football player (American football) who, after 9/11 quit his lucrative professional sports career to join the operations in Afghanistan.

He became a member of a special operations unit and was tragically killed while on duty.

The Administration and MSM proceeded to create a hollywood hero story as a propaganda tool toward increased patriotic fervor and blind, unquestioning faith in government.

Later, it was found that he was killed by friendly fire under conditions that remain unclear. The Tillman family has become outspoken toward the secrecy behind their son's/brother's death and the despicable manner it has been used as a political tool.
Wikipedia bio

Hope that helps to set the stage.

the Billmeister

edit: Sorry, posted at the same time as TXRabbit above!
edit on 26-1-2011 by Billmeister because: to add comment

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Here is an interesting "conspiracy" angle...

After reports of Tillman's anti-war views became public, Ted Rall who had previously written a comic calling Tillman a "fool" and "idiot," said that he was wrong to have assumed Tillman to be a "right wing poster child" when Tillman regarded the invasion of Iraq as illegal.[40][41]

and

The September 25, 2005, edition of the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper reported that Tillman held views which were critical of the Iraq war. According to Tillman's mother, a friend of Tillman had arranged a meeting with author Noam Chomsky, a prominent critic of American foreign and military policy, to take place after his return from Afghanistan. Chomsky has confirmed this.[57]

Perhaps the administration could not allow their new poster boy to cast a shadow on their invasion of Iraq?
(Hey, it's a stretch, but this is ATS right?!?)

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i knew his little brother chris..he thought very highly of his older brother.

damn shame what happened.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Since no one posted this interesting aspect to the story I will.

Tillman was with the Army Rangers, Special Ops, he apparently seen something that he was very opposed to during his tour in Afghanistan and was planning on exposing it during an interview scheduled with a US journalist Stateside during his next leave.

He never made it...

The military Brass on up to GW himself covered up the story for months/years making Tillman a poster boy for the war on terror.

Until the truth was revealed that from the autopsy records, his wounds were indicative of an assassination vs one of accidental friendly fire.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
thanks for posting this

this letter his brother wrote a few years ago is what got me interested...

It is Pat's birthday on November 6, and elections are the day after. It gets me thinking about a conversation I had with Pat before we joined the military. He spoke about the risks with signing the papers. How once we committed, we were at the mercy of the American leadership and the American people. How we could be thrown in a direction not of our volition. How fighting as a soldier would leave us without a voice until we get out.

Much has happened since we handed over our voice:

Somehow we were sent to invade a nation because it was a direct threat to the American people, or to the world, or harbored terrorists, or was involved in the September 11 attacks, or received weapons-grade uranium from Niger, or had mobile weapons labs, or WMD, or had a need to be liberated, or we needed to establish a democracy, or stop an insurgency, or stop a civil war we created that can't be called a civil war even though it is. Something like that.

Somehow our elected leaders were subverting international law and humanity by setting up secret prisons around the world, secretly kidnapping people, secretly holding them indefinitely, secretly not charging them with anything, secretly torturing them. Somehow that overt policy of torture became the fault of a few 'bad apples' in the military.

Somehow back at home, support for the soldiers meant having a five-year-old kindergartener scribble a picture with crayons and send it overseas, or slapping stickers on cars, or lobbying Congress for an extra pad in a helmet. It's interesting that a soldier on his third or fourth tour should care about a drawing from a five-year-old; or a faded sticker on a car as his friends die around him; or an extra pad in a helmet, as if it will protect him when an IED throws his vehicle 50 feet into the air as his body comes apart and his skin melts to the seat.

Somehow the more soldiers that die, the more legitimate the illegal invasion becomes.

Somehow American leadership, whose only credit is lying to its people and illegally invading a nation, has been allowed to steal the courage, virtue and honor of its soldiers on the ground.

Somehow those afraid to fight an illegal invasion decades ago are allowed to send soldiers to die for an illegal invasion they started.

Somehow faking character, virtue and strength is tolerated.

Somehow profiting from tragedy and horror is tolerated.

Somehow the death of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people is tolerated.

Somehow subversion of the Bill of Rights and The Constitution is tolerated.

Somehow suspension of Habeas Corpus is supposed to keep this country safe.

Somehow torture is tolerated.

Somehow lying is tolerated.

Somehow reason is being discarded for faith, dogma, and nonsense.

Somehow American leadership managed to create a more dangerous world.

Somehow a narrative is more important than reality.

Somehow America has become a country that projects everything that it is not and condemns everything that it is.

Somehow the most reasonable, trusted and respected country in the world has become one of the most irrational, belligerent, feared, and distrusted countries in the world.

Somehow being politically informed, diligent, and skeptical has been replaced by apathy through active ignorance.

Somehow the same incompetent, narcissistic, virtueless, vacuous, malicious criminals are still in charge of this country.

Somehow this is tolerated.

Somehow nobody is accountable for this.

In a democracy, the policy of the leaders is the policy of the people. So don't be shocked when our grandkids bury much of this generation as traitors to the nation, to the world and to humanity. Most likely, they will come to know that 'somehow' was nurtured by fear, insecurity and indifference, leaving the country vulnerable to unchecked, unchallenged parasites.

Luckily this country is still a democracy. People still have a voice. People still can take action. It can start after Pat's birthday.

edit on 26-1-2011 by alaskan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thanks to all those who posted some background. This is new to me and a curious/tragic tale. Interesting, if that's the right word, will be sure to check the videos out when I get home.

Thanks again Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
it's got "Wag the Dog" written all over it

Be sure to check out that movie if you haven't. It helped me open my eyes to alot of what's going on with Foreign Policy

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

That's a very powerful, well thought out letter. Makes it even more poignant that it came from this man.
He holds a valid point regarding what our grandchildren may think of us, all of us.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

Good Post.The Government disgust me with their Propaganda.
Real Sad that he and so many other have been sucked in to the Sham war.
Here's a preview of the Movie.

The Tillman Story - Official Trailer [HD]

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I just watched this documentary. Here's a guy that quit something he loved to do in his prime to serve this nation. The way our government used him as a political propaganda makes me sick to my stomach. Who knows if he was deliberately murdered or what but if he were to be alive today, he'd probably be one of the moderators, if not the co-owner of this site. He was a true patriot...

Also, please refrain from saying bull# like god bless him or god bless his soul. He was an atheist. Do not offend him...

new topics

top topics

join