It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonopah Test Range: Area 52 or Area 54?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Digging through my website, I happened to come across this map indicating the Tonopah Test Range is Area 54.

download this and view with irfanview

referring page

I can't find it, but I'm sure I have a map that indicates the TTR is Area 52.

Here is a link to the Area 54 notation.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
S&F Very interesting I think I have seen a map that said that TTR was area 52 also. I will look and see if I can find it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ok I found a U.S. Department of Energy Repory that says that TTR is Area 52. If you go to page 34 of the document you will see at the bottom of the page where you will find this.
DoE Report
So did they change the Area number or are there two numbers for the TTR?
edit on 26-1-2011 by I B Dazzlin because: inserted page number of source

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have found other official documents referring to TTR as Area 52. There is also a DOE Nevada phone directory that has listings by Area number, including the various areas on the Nevada Test Site. All phone numbers for Tonopah Test Range are under Area 52.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Area 54 .... S4....Site-4... hmmh.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Looking through the "Closure Report for Corrective Action Unit 426: Cactus Spring Waste Trenches" (DOE/NV-11718-226) I see the maps use "Area 52" for TTR. In a similar report for CAU-407, the Project Roller Coaster RADSAFE area, the maps show it as "Area 54." In The "Tonopah Test Range Post-Closure Inspection Annual Report" for 2002 (DOE/NV-898 Rev. 1), some maps have "Area 52" while others have "Area 54," even when describing activities in TTR Area 3, Area 9, etc.

It seems confusing but the Area Listing in the 1990 "DOE/NV Organization and Personnel Guide lists everything at TTR as "Area 52" and the "Area 52" nomenclature is also used by Steve L. Hoeffner et al in "Evaluation of Remediation Methods for Plutonium Contaminated Soil."

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Yeah, I reviewed a bunch of the environmental documents after discovering the Area 54 notation. At this point I think it is an interesting tidbit that could possibly get you a free beer under the right circumstances.

Incidentally, you will many sizes listed for the size of the TTR.

TTR info

TTR consists of approximately 336,665 acres of operational, maintenance, and administrative facilities

So that is 526 square miles.

Tonopah Test Range, established in 1957, occupies 280 square miles tucked in the northwest corner of the 4,687-square-mile Nellis Air Force Range

The wiki puts it at 625 square miles, but with no documentation.

I think I ran into some document regarding the TTR boundries being moved, so the 625 square mile to 525 square mile change could be right. I have no idea where they got the 280 square miles.

While I'm at it, I noticed the current Nellis factsheet shows a northern support and a southern support group. I'm pretty sure this was a recent (last year years anyway) change. The southern group includes Fort Irwin, so this change might have been done when Green Flag was made a more or less permanent part of Nellis training.

fact sheet

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
My skoda pickup with lpg conversion failed the DOE test today with high emmisions (tested on gas).I bought the skoda in the UK.Could anyone tell me where I can get this fixed in Ireland.Is there anything I can do myself..I am in county Wexford Ireland

Doe Test Dublin

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by denislilee
My skoda pickup with lpg conversion failed the DOE test today with high emmisions (tested on gas).I bought the skoda in the UK.Could anyone tell me where I can get this fixed in Ireland.Is there anything I can do myself..I am in county Wexford Ireland
Doe Test Dublin

What the.....
Wow, are YOU lost buddy.

top topics

join