It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Perhaps watching the movie "What the bleep do we know?" may help a little...

Here's part 1 to get you started...

edit on 11/1/26 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Time is the byproduct of existence. It is an illusion of distance.

For something to "exist" it must "be" at a constant rate. This constant rate of "being" is observed as time.

Think of a light. If the light flashed on then off, one time, you can say the light "existed". But, for the light to continue to "exist" it must flash multiple times, at a constant rate. Time is the distance between each flash of light.

The Universe is like your computer screen, or television. Each pixel on your computer screen is flashing at a rate so fast that you can't even see that is flashing. The ATS logo at the top of the webpage only "exists" because the pixels are flashing multiple times, at a constant rate, creating the illusion that it "exists". Matter is basically made of an unfathomable amount of tiny little flashing lights that are flashing faster than you can measure. The distance between the 1st flash, and the 100th flash, or any two flashes, is called time.

Time can appear to slow down when you observe more of the flashes, much like high speed cameras. Time can appear to speed up when you observe less of the flashes, much like time lapse cameras.

That faster you travel, the distance between each flash decreases. When you decrease the distance between each flash you actually increase the rate of flashing, which then increases the amount of observed flashes, which slows down time.

Time is an illusion. There is no past, there is no future, there is only a NOW.

Now is flashing at a constant rate. Each flash is different than the last. The difference and the distance of each flash creates the illusion of time. You can not travel back in time because the light that flashed in the past is the same light that is flashing now, only changed. So the past doesn't actually exist anymore.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the contributions everyone.

I've seen 'What the bleep' documentary before. Mind boggling stuff!

Time is in the mind so living in the 'now' is the key!

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Time is something we all have, from the moment we are born to the moment we die.
some of us got to much, some of us got to little and a very few of us got just the right amount.
we are like leafs in a stream

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jisujaaljo

Nicely put. Leaves in a stream

I like it!

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
12.12am

Sorry.... I just assumed someone else would of done that by now lol

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Time is a man made concept. Time is thought. Time does not exist outside the human mind.
Just a thing invented to enslave man kind.
Society demands that you work, after you have been trained at school to answer to buzzers and bells, and alarm clocks. Tick, tock. We see graveyards to remind us that time is short.
Time hurts us. Time is fear. How can there be freedom when time is believed in?
It is eternally now. What sees this now, will never die.
Here and now is what you are and always will be.
There is no then, when or there. These are imaginings in the head, just thoughts, not real. The now present thought looks into a non existent future/past and comes up with the idea that there must be time.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
"INFINITE NOW" and the mirrors of space and time

when I am with out thought.... there is no time

when I am with out thought and time ..... I am... with out reflection

and I only know when I am not in this ( infinite "NOW" )

when I start thinking again....my reflection comes back ......tick tock ...here I am...

when I am with out time some might say it is a bit like being dead

and here's the real kicker

how can I get dead when I haven't even been born

life the greatest of all illusion .....

and what a profound beautiful illusion it all is .......
:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join