It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus understood Eastern Philosophy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Greetings,

I recently came across an interesting parallel between the Philosophy of Christ and that of Lao Tzu.
For those who may be unaware Lao Tzu was an Asian Philosopher during the 6th Century B.C.

Many are familiar with the famous Parable of the Sower Matthew 13:3-8:

Mat 13:3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

Mat 13:4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

Mat 13:5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

Mat 13:6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

Mat 13:7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

Mat 13:8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

It seems that Lao Tzu wrote a simplified version of the same Parable:

Tao Teh Ching 41:1-2

When the highest type of men hear Tao they diligently practice it.

When the average type of men hear Tao, they half believe in it.

When the lowest type of men hear Tao, they laugh heartily at it.

In the Biblical version of this parable, Seed is a metaphor for the Wisdom of God or the Dialectic of Christ. Lao Tzu defines Tao simply as, A path or way of virtuous conduct. The correlations between the two versions have been color coded to emphasize the same or similar reasoning.

I found this very interesting and thought i would share it for discussion or dissection. I conclude that the purest or highest reasoning has always been here [Earth] it just changes outward form.

Regards

edit on 25-1-2011 by Abovo because: Increase text size

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Do you not think that two people are capable of never meeting or reading what others wrote, can say the same things?

The stuff about jesus going to india is rubbish. If you choose to believe its upto you, if thats what your implying.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interesting... I dislike categorizing and believe he was beyond it all.

The true man, that is, who was actually named Yeshua Ben Joseph.

If you want to know his real intention and purpose on Earth, here it is...

www.sciforums.com...

Best article I've ever read about Jesus. If you follow Churchianity, then please stop here.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Do you not think that two people are capable of never meeting or reading what others wrote, can say the same things?

The stuff about jesus going to india is rubbish. If you choose to believe its upto you, if thats what your implying.

Hello,

Yes, i agree that it is possible for two people to have never met and or read what others wrote and come to the same conclusion- that was what is so fascinating. Perhaps i should have placed a question mark at the end of the thread title?

The realization and implication of the Parable of the Sower supports the validity of Biblical reasoning [at least concerning this parable] because it was comprehended at an earlier time. Suffice to say that Lao Tzu must have experienced what Christ and many other mystics experienced in relation to the Knowledge of God or the body of transcendental wisdom.

I can't be certain if Christ traveled to India or not. There certainly are a lot of unaccounted for years in the life of Jesus of Nazareth? Where or what he was doing is anybody's guess.

Regards

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Thanks for the article. It certainly seems reasonable. One major premise is that Jesus or Yeshua came to teach mankind with an emphasis on their inner divine nature [we are Son's of God] as opposed to the Law which, ostensibly, emphasized refinement and character development. I agree. The article also says he came to teach love, i'm certainly in agreement with this and to add not just any love, but Agape

Regards

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The book I am currently reading, "The Jesus Papers" by Michael Baigent, has as one of its core claims that Jesus was in Egypt for most of his youth and that he incorporated Egyptian beliefs into his own. If you are interested in the topic, it's not a bad read, at least so far.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
The book I am currently reading, "The Jesus Papers" by Michael Baigent, has as one of its core claims that Jesus was in Egypt for most of his youth and that he incorporated Egyptian beliefs into his own. If you are interested in the topic, it's not a bad read, at least so far.

Sounds like an interesting read. We may have to give it a whirl as Asian philosophy doesn't seem to be doing the trick.
besides Egyptians look cooler....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abovo
We may have to give it a whirl as Asian philosophy doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

I am just curious as to what such a statement means to you
Would you mind elaborating at all?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik

Originally posted by Abovo
We may have to give it a whirl as Asian philosophy doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

I am just curious as to what such a statement means to you
Would you mind elaborating at all?

Hi,

I was remarking that the particular theme of this thread doesn't seem to be very exciting, in terms of developing interest. Egyptian biblical correlations may be the new fad...

edit on 26-1-2011 by Abovo because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
On second thought....

Perhaps we should change the thread title to: Jesus understood reptilian philosophy!
Some peoples kids

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I believe there is One Supreme Truth of which everything is a manifestation of, and will get various names, and attributes, and methods taught to realize it. I think all the great Masters realize this, and so their teachings will be very similar. Jesus' teachings mimic the other masters, because they all realized the spiritual truths.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

Bingo!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Abovo

You gotta expand more than that!

And some threads die, some thrive. Though, if you did say something about reptilians instead, it would have almost been guaranteed a "success" and you would have gotten many stars and flags, and an equal amount of disagreeing responses

Through studying comparative religion, this one learned that they are all conceptualizing the same thing, the name of which is not relevant. Throughout pretty much every religion out there, similarities abound because of this. The individual systems involved are not necessarily viewing some different universe than one another, but simply different perspectives on the same thing. The disagreements over such things tend to be over the words and definitions used, and very rarely, the actual topic itself.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Hello again,

As much as i admire reptiles i refuse to say Jesus was an Reptilian Overlord of a Serpent Nation
I prefer to conceptualize the phenomena of creation and spirituality mathematically although dressing the truth in imaginative allegory provides more communicative scope when trying to parry the bias' of mass humanity, All things to all men, etc.

The common denominator in most religions is virtuous conduct but we know that such conduct is only a means to an end. I will venture to say the anticipated end is the same as the removal of the appendix through continual, deliberate force of thought. The Way of the Raphus Cucullatus. The emergence of a transfigured humanity. A new species of intelligent life retaining only a faint vestige of it's former self.

new topics

top topics

join