It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I started a thread complaining about how there seems to be no general organization to the theory of chemtrails. What I found is there are way more theories than I even thought about them. What I would like to do is list the top three and have true believers bring the evidence to the discussion to prove why their belief is most correct. Perhaps a winner will emerge and there will be a unified theory of what in fact is a chemtrail and what is in it.

Theory 1.
It's Killing US!

Someone is responsible for a worldwide fleet of planes that spray (something) on an unsuspecting public at or around 30,000ft for the purpose of de-populating the world.

Theory 2.
It's bio-weapons used to make us sick

Again, someone is responsible for a worldwide fleet of planes that spray (germs of some sort) on an unsuspecting public at or around 30.000ft for the purpose of keeping us sick.

Theory 3.
It's Geo-engineering

Same thing. Planes spraying something (more defined part of this theory has been aluminum) for the purpose of fighting global warming.

Evidence is scarce and theories are abundant. I would guess that at least 25% of the members of this site somehow believe chemtrails are being sprayed on us today.

*Disclaimer:*
I DO NOT believe in chemtrails in the sense that they are being sprayed on us. I do agree that in the past some sort of spraying has occurred by different governments for different purposes.

*Disclaimer 2*
cloud seeding has NOTHING to do with this discussion. It is completely agreed upon by both sides that this occurs and will continue to occur.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i read in a book that the government is using chemtrails as artificial clouds in connection with HAARP to help their weather manipulation. There has also been a link between chemtrails, bad weather and ufo flaps, it is kind of interesting to think that there could be something elaborate here

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

you have listed a reason outside of the big three. I heard that one a few times and perhaps it should be entered as "theory 4." Do you have any evidence to bring forward, or is this just one that you heard?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Now here is a thread i'm going to follow. I'm kinda with you, I agree operations of chemical/biological spraying has indeed happened. I take it further to point that the US government, through think tanks, has advocated it's use as I clearly pointed out in your original thread.

I believe that 99% of reported "chemtrails" are simple normal contrails. some, on the other hand, might be questionable, and tests done on residue seems to imply barium salts and aluminum.

I guess I'm Fox Mulder on this one, I want to believe. Well not really, but I'd like to see some time of uniform idea put forth that could potentially inform people of what isn't happening, and what could be happening.

the problem with chemtrails is most of the believers are doing ZERO research on the subject. When I first encountered this I immediately got versed on contrails, how they form, what they are, how long they can last, what conditions create long last trails. And from that 1 search I came to the conclusion that 99% of reported chemtrails are nothing.

Do I think every plane in the sky is spraying chemicals and poison on me? Well, technically they are, is the form of fuel by products. But what most "chemtrailers" are talking about are planes fitted with some type of spraying apparatus, like the corexit planes. That's patently silly for several reasons.

first, you'd have to have planes all over the place with these rigs and surely someone would have filmed it by now.
Second, when talking about adding particles of aluminum to the atmosphere to fight imaginary global warming, the idea was to add trace elements to the fuel, no modification of the plane would be needed, the engine would require constant servicing though.

If this is happening, my money is on weather modification, adding particles to the upper atmosphere reduces incoming solar radiation. The right particles could also protect electronics from EMP and solar flares. Adding more material into the atmosphere to heat up the ionosphere with H.A.A.R.P. is another possibility.

Evidence is hardly scarce on that theory, I believe I provided ample evidence about this proposed program in the other thread. Now, evidence showing this theory is in fact a worked out plan doesn't prove it's being run. The government buys lots of patents and puts out lots of interesting potential project ideas, doesn't mean they are running it currently.

Spraying random chemicals over the globe as a depopulation agenda doesn't work for me, the water is already tainted, the food is the easiest choice. spraying indiscriminately from the air is haphazard and inefficient.
edit on 25-1-2011 by phishybongwaters because: (no reason given)

Now hopefully your purpose for this thread is different from the one where you demand someone tell you once and for all what all chemtrails are. think about that for a second. If we knew exactly what they were, WTF would be the conspiracy about it? I suspect, like the other thread, you will merely make rude comments to the believers, and any evidence they attempt to present you will ignore, like the other thread.

good luck, I hope I'm wrong.

Oh and for the record, I'm not sure if "chemtrails" are in fact real, but I'm not going to rule out the possibility.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by phishybongwaters

I was going to put my thought into the OP of why I think those theories are wrong, but I would just like to listen and learn on this one. Maybe someone will bring a well thought out, well researched idea that will make us all think about it a bit more. If any of this is true, I would put my guess on geo-engineering as well, but then you have to bring in when we first started to worry about Global Warming enough to act on combating it. I believe the official start date on the chemtrail theory is 1997(based on previous posts). So I think that predates GW by a few years.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My opinion of "chemtrails" isn't set in stone. However, I've been on this planet for almost 24 years and know what I'm familiar with and it isn't almighty great white grids and criss crosses of crap making the beautiful skies look tainted and ugly.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
there is definitly more and more activity in our skies here in montreal

i live in a small remote town close to central montreal ..

and ever since i started back work from the holidays i took a lot of pictures right on top of where i live ..

i see those planes shooting stuff almost everyday on the road to work and when i come back

even one morning i was driving to reach the highway , heading to work ..

i spotted one dead in front of me . it wasnt as high as usual .. but you could see that 4 nosels where spraying

on the back of the plane ... ,

what surprised and scared me though .. the plane literally vanished .. , you know like that event series

show where the plane bursts and dissapears

but in my case the plane just vanished ,, leaving that trail to continue spraying by itself ..

i even parked my car close to a bus stop where a dozen of students and there parents where waiting the bus ..

i told them .. did you see what i saw ? .. every one of em was staring at the sky with there mouths wide open ..

to this day .. im a firm believer that there is something up there ..

i researched ghost planes on the net .. , those are scary ... , and by the looks of what i saw .. , i guess it was one of them

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Perhaps a winner will emerge and there will be a unified theory of what in fact is a chemtrail and what is in it.

Indeed, and hopefully they will be deemed contrails.

The whole concept of "chemtrails" has made me really lose faith in people's critical thinking skills
edit on 25-1-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
there is a detail of what i saw .. minus the fact that the trail suddently stopped as the plane dissapeared

here you see one completly invisble but with the trails

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

you are going to ruin this is you bring that argument in too early.

Logic need to take a back seat. Sadly, most have not/will not actually read the OP, they will see the word chemtrails and tell all about how many they took pictures of today.

I am playing devils advocate here in order to gain a better idea of what is the most popular theory. And I tried to be honest so as not to be accused of trying to trap poor believers into an un-winnable argument.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Logic need to take a back seat. Sadly, most have not/will not actually read the OP, they will see the word chemtrails and tell all about how many they took pictures of today.

Logic always takes a back seat on this issue. I tried participating in your other thread. It didn't work out.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fazeone1981

dude, your invisible plane seemed to manifest itself towards the end of the video. But wasn't that a con trail?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
I tried participating in your other thread. It didn't work out.

same here.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
my ``theory`` is basically chemtrails are a cheap means to cool down the planet ..

but what does disturb me is the fact that not a lot of issues are made to figure out if that method is good for the planet overall ..

my guess is .. there testing the fastest .. reliable method to compensate past errors in therms of environnement deterioration

.. and no im not a poor believer ..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Correction: Logic is the application of reason. Not the application of any one establishments opinions.

We see a great deal of application in reasoning towards the concept of chemtrails.

We also see a great deal of lack in imagination as well.

You're simply not going to be capable of seeing that which you've already closed your mind off to. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy from either of our stances, towards the other.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
to make the planet gas emission free you would have to sacrifice everything that the big money companies are investing in ..

oil .. , nuclear , etc ...

i dont think they would even think about letting all that down for tomorrow

so yeah .. cheap aluminium and borium pellets in the atmosphere ..

it might save the earth .. but it will probably toxify it faster !!

hell thats my opinion ..

new topics

top topics

join