It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you a believer?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
For me it was when I was a child and I read about that oldie , but goodie ........ROSWELL .

Just because I believe doesn't mean I won't take every oppertunity to attemp to debunk rediculous sightings and tales , because I think they do this fascinating subject a huge dis-service.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I have seen 4 UFOs, 3 of which there were multiple witnesses. I can elaborate if desired.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am not a believer. I am a knower.

I saw a metallic flying disc with my own eyes.

Therefore I know it's real.

You gotta see it yourself in real life, no one's stories will ever allow you to realize reality.

This sums up my feelings as well. I saw a Black Triangle the size of a Football field with my own two eyes. Flying low to the ground, making a low pitch humming noise and following a highway.

You have to see one. Once you do, all bets are off because then you'll go from skeptic to believer.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I had weird dreams in my childhood which I mainly ignored... but Science-Fiction, the internet and The X-Files brought that topic back into my mind last year.
I haven't seen an UFO so far (or at least I can't remember seeing one, maybe as a child in the time I had those weird dreams), mainly because I live in a big city and it's hard to watch the skies, but I heard many stories about believers and knowers in the internet and especially here on ATS:
I'm mainly skeptic with the most "YouTube dot in the sky" sightings, but there are a lot of interesting sightings as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Quite simply, If you've seen it, then you will believe it!!

I have seen three UFO's in my life. (Flying objects that I can give no rational explanation for)
Two events had witnesses.

After reading these types of forums, I know i'm not alone in what I saw. There are even threads from others who withnessed the same object in the same area as I did.

This is why I believe.

However, what I believe them to be..... is another matter!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

From what i have read the scratching is from the "beings" taking skin samples during an abduction scenario. So i guess that is what that is for. And i could go off on a tangent about abductions and why i think they do this and that but will save that.

What made me a believer? I guess it depends what you define as Believer i guess. When it comes to believers many people treat this subject like a religion as opposed to raw data and proof. You will hear many stories from people here like myself who witnessed something they can not explain or link to modern technology. I seen UFO's on more then one occasion starting when i was about 10. Seen a cigar like craft in the sky over Scottsdale, AZ with my father who so happened to be a Air Traffic controller at the time nearing his retirement. He knew it was below FAA regulated altitude and was not anything like our conventional craft. He called the tower and they confirmed that they had this object on radar but they could not confirm what it was.

He turned to me and said "son that is a UFO" with a slight grin. At the time it did not peak my interest so much as i was more concerned with returning to my Gi Joes and Cartoons. Later i would learn he had his share of experiences in the Air Force and during WW2 even. He also worked as an Air traffic accident investigator and taught at a flight school. test pilot for the super Sabre as well so he was a very credible and logical thinking person. According to him he was told when seeing these craft during WW2 "foo fighters" to not engage them and ignore them during a time of war. When he worked at the tower unidentified craft were tracked on many occasions in the Arizona skies on Radar and performed speeds that would liquefy a man pulling such G's or G forces. They would blink in and out there one minute gone the next. He said the FAA frowned on talking about these bogies so eventually it was a common thing to just look the other way.

So it is not so much about the Objects that i have seen on 3 occasions since they could be some Black Project for all i know, but the endless lies and way the FAA, USAF, and governmental compartments approach this very real phenomena. It as if a relationship you carry on with a compulsive liar and the act of guilt wears thin so much that it becomes obvious that this goes beyond a super plane or good ol convenient swamp gas. It's something that has being going on witnessed around this planet for a long long time by people from all walks of life. And it is being covered up, and that is an understatement. This cover up has failed in a sense because they cant hide what we are seeing in the sky at the end of the day. They make it more obvious then any one of us could with our UFO accounts.

I THINK im also an abductee as well, but that is another issue itself and i would be repeating myself explaining why. Im weary to call these beings Aliens at all they could be from another dimension or something else. What we do know and almost all of us can agree is that this is something real, and it eludes us all. I can go on about suspected agendas and chase my own tail over and over because im always changing my mind. In all the years and decades of seeking to get to the bottom of this. But yes it is real and it is going on...the PTB have reasons to cover it up and you can come to your own conclusion. Perhaps it is better we do not know the whole truth and live our lives with no worry. But it is there like an elephant in the room and to ignore it is a disservice to ones self or all. Personally i dont like this cover up and it makes me angry at times, im bitter. I deserve to know and i can handle the truth no matter how diabolical it may be. Some people wont and that is why i understand why they do it.

The second time i seen a UFO was in 1996 and a car load of us noticed a red light traveling over some corn fields keeping pace with the car then it went straight up in to the sky at great speed and was gone.

Here is my most recent sighting in a MUFON case report what was strange was the strangeness i felt before seeing it. I had this old gut feeling someone was waiting for me outside.

9:00 pm 2-3-09

My friend was on his way driving to pick me up . On his way he notices a bright light hovering above the high school football field. He picks me up and tells me to check out something and we go over the hill on iowa avenue and he says "look" i see it right over what i can say is either the field itself or over the center of town. It is a bright white light and sitting there , i think is this a helicopter coming dead on at first. I roll down the window and no sound and so sign of red or blue lights ? So we turn the corner and shortly after the thing begins to Pulse and turns from white to a amber color with a white streak to the left and is gone! We are looking in the same area and then look and see it way off to the south west of town but dimmer . It is in the direction of the mall , now we begin to trip out !!! Now this is where we are not sure it is the same thing or another craft . So we head towards its direction and this thing moves to the north west and then hovers over from what i can tell is the tree line and descends in a fielded area where mostly corn fields should be . I have portions of this footage on my digital camera and him on his cell phone during half the chase. Unfortunately i did not record the footage from when we first saw this thing at it's brightest. I will say it was as intense as the moon but smaller hard to say what size it was. It clearly was not a conventional air craft , planet , and performed excessive speeds.

This was not a Chopper a Plane or Venus this was a moving object that traveled in 4 directions and changed color and defied what we know.

The footage was crap BTW, with a camera phone most people know at night it is very difficult to catch something like that. To host it on youtube would make me seem like a nutter anyway. It was so disappointing and frustrating when i reviewed the footage and i got nothing. So nobody is prepared to snap pics usually when it does happen so i understand the frustration people feel when they post some footage and we all say it is nothing of substance, not good enough blah.

But This thing whatever it was seemed like it wanted to show itself to me. It sounds crazy maybe, there was some kind of connection there that is the best i can explain it. Im a very critical person and some here know im not the type to call every youtube video a Alien Ship like some. But yes i know these objects exist and to call myself a believer makes me feel like i belong to a certain group of people, but if you want to chalk me up as believer then yeah.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Well I've read through all your stories.Thanks for sharing, its been an interesting read.

Think it would be ignorant not to believe or atleast be a little curious about whats out there.With the tons of information u can find on the subject,you really don't have an excuse.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

Of course. This is what the thread is all about.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i am a believer because i dont believe that out of all the star sytems that we are the only life forms in the universe

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I am a believer because I saw a UFO and I also believe we are not alone in the universe.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by planetzog

Well tell us your story.Where did you see this UFO,ect?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What made me a believer? Well, I always thought, we practically don't exist if you compare the sizes of everything in the Universe, so there has to be something else out there, I mean, it'd be ridiculous if we were the only living beings on it.
Then I ran into the Escamilla's Moon Rising film, wich made me investigate a lot more further about everything, and recently, I've finished watching the whole Ancient Aliens series on History, wich connected me a lot of stuff I had loose.
I also remember sawing something like, 5 moving red dots in the sky, moving like a pack, but with some kind of independence, so I guess that was, while not a close encounter, some sort of trigger.
All that, and all the films I've watched (not just documentary, good old alien or end-of-the-world mainstream movies) had me thinking for a while, and meh, here I am, everytime more confident that there's a huge conspiracy going on, and well, all that, I don't want to go out of the topic.

Btw, I'm new here. Wasn't sure where to post first, because I'm always getting a hard time with the introductions, so, yeah, hi everyone

Cheers

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This:

mufoncms.com...

before then I just had a generic interest in UFOs that anyone strongly interested in science might have.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aprch

Welcome to ATS.And thanks for replying.You should start an introduction thread if haven't yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

Thanks for that.Pretty interesting story

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
We are like the inhabitants of an isolated valley in New Guinea who communicate "with societies in neighboring valleys (quite different societies, I might add) by runner and by drum. When asked how a very advanced society will communicate, they might guess by an extremely rapid runner or by an improbably large drum. They might not guess a technology beyond their ken. And yet, all the while, a vast international cable and radio traffic passes over them, around them, and through them...
We will listen for the interstellar drums, but we will miss the interstellar cables. We are likely to receive our first messages from the drummers of the neighboring galactic valleys - from civilizations only somewhat in our future. The civilizations vastly more advanced than we, will be, for a long time, remote both in distance and in accessibility. At a future time of vigorous interstellar radio traffic, the very advanced civilizations may be, for us, still insubstantial legends. "
- Carl Sagan, "The Cosmic Connection"

I'm willing to say I'm not as smart as Carl Sagan. So when he says it , I have a tendency to belive him.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have seen a couple of "strange" things in the sky but I wouldn't put those sightings I had as "without a doubt". Probably are UFOs but I didn't get a look at anything but lights.

With that being said, I believe because the evidence points that way. Alot of UFO cases can be explained away. But the strongest ones stand up to so much scrutiny (such as Rendelsham Forest) and still come out unscathed.

I would recommend looking up some of the most famous cases:
Rendelsham Forest
1952 Washington DC sightings (confirmed on radar)
Roswell (an obvious cover up)

and I would also say the Belgian UFO Wave is pretty good as well.

I don't think that I buy the "Ancient Aliens" stuff but some of it is interesting to look at. I think our history has been warped but religious texts do not really seem to translate to aliens.

You have to do alot of research. Sift through some junk to find the really good stuff that is bulletproof.

And remember: our Universe is enormous. Their could be species that are billions of years older than us. Think about what we have accomplished in terms of tech in only the last 100 years. Anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
UFO sightings were more prevalent back in the 50's and 60's when the US was keeping the military aircraft secret. I remember seeing an A12 near Palmdale when I was about 5. Definitely unidentifiable at that age but jet engines were not alien technology. I'm more baffled by astral synchronicity these days, sometimes it doesn't seem like there is room enough to swing a cat in here.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
We are like the inhabitants of an isolated valley in New Guinea who communicate "with societies in neighboring valleys (quite different societies, I might add) by runner and by drum. When asked how a very advanced society will communicate, they might guess by an extremely rapid runner or by an improbably large drum. They might not guess a technology beyond their ken. And yet, all the while, a vast international cable and radio traffic passes over them, around them, and through them...
We will listen for the interstellar drums, but we will miss the interstellar cables. We are likely to receive our first messages from the drummers of the neighboring galactic valleys - from civilizations only somewhat in our future. The civilizations vastly more advanced than we, will be, for a long time, remote both in distance and in accessibility. At a future time of vigorous interstellar radio traffic, the very advanced civilizations may be, for us, still insubstantial legends. "
- Carl Sagan, "The Cosmic Connection"

I loved that.No idea who Carl Sagan is but I loved that quote.Like I said I'm still a rookie.

I'll be looking this man up.Sounds like a interesting guy

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Rendelsham Forest 1952 Washington DC sightings (confirmed on radar) Roswell (an obvious cover up) and I would also say the Belgian UFO Wave is pretty good as well.

I definitely will be looking up those cases.Thanks for the information.Roswell is pretty much the most famous and I think most would agree it was a cover up.

Though, first time I've heard of the 1952 Washington sightings and Belgian UFO Wave.Maybe I have just can't remember it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join