It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrologers angered by stars!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Oh, astrOLogers, at first I thought it read astonomers "angered by stars", which would be kind of amuzing..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

would these scientists who criticized astrology happen to follow a religion themselves?

i'd find it ironic if they were ( insert religion, bible here ), there are some religions that if subject to the very same criticism they put on astrology would end up with the same conclusion.. rubbish

of course their criticism was unfounded and uneducated
edit on 1/24/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

In this case no.
Brian Cox is a confirmed athiest as is the comedian Dara Ó Briain.
No conflicts here at all.
Their criticsm was based on being educated and was quite apt.
edit on 24-1-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
reply to post by Planet teleX

Angry astrologers would be my guess.

Oooh, Scary! Angry Astrologers, frightening concept

What would they do? Poke you in the eye with a pointy hat and throw scatter cusions at you?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well since astrology is based on the movement of the earth around the sun I am calling you all out. Any a-hole can make an astrological prediction, doesn't mean that it's right. But for you people to bash on a science, that has been developed since antiquity is truly appalling. It shows how little you know about anything else that is happening around you.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
Astrology is not going anywhere, materialist science will disintegrate way before astrology goes the way of the dodo.

All divination is based on the acausal principle of synchronicity.

Also, look into vedic astrology. As far as I know these changes only affect western astrology, which has been flawed for hundreds of years anyway. I knew my sun sign was cancer and not leo before this "revelation".

But yeah, of course they're not gonna believe in astrology, there's nothing there, no evidence except subjective significance in your own life.
Either you notice that significance and accept it without knowing the mechanics behind it, or you don't.

I mean the whole idea is so far out there from our normal frames of reference, that it is/does seem downright crazy, you could say that the whole notion of planetary bodies affecting personality is absurd.

From an esoteric point of view however...

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
No I don't. I'm a 'believe it when I see it' kinda guy. This kinda thing is one of the more implausible things though. I mean come on, astrology is a commercial con. People read their stars in a weekly magazine and take it as gospel. How can one statement be relevant to millions of people with that star sign?

You just showed you know NOTHING about astrology, at least your view of astrology is incredibly simplistic.
You're not just your Sun sign, your personality is a combination of ALL the planetary influences. We're all incredibly complex beings from the perspective of astrology.

And no, I wouldn't call that crap you see in the newspapers astrology.
edit on 24-1-2011 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

A star for you, TheLaughingGod...you summed it up very well.
Those that know NOTHING about true astrology will always be here...just as those of us that do know will be as well.

Thank you for your comment. And although I do not live in the UK...is it possible that the media there is also biased on certain subjects? Most that just accept astrology as the "daily, weekly, monthly" predictions do not realize how much more detailed a reading can get...and those that DO know how to plot those readings deserve compensation for what they do for others when asked...not all astrologers are charlatans.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Most peoples experience with astrology is reading the horoscope snippet in the news paper. That is not real astrology. Indeed there are many charlatans claiming to be astrologers however there are some real ones. Astrology is real but not everyone who claims to be an astrologer is for real.

A real chart can be up to 40 pages or more. Most would be shocked at the accuracy if they had thier chart done by a real astrologer.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Amen.. I remember being shocked at the accuracy of a 30 page reading I got, it was downright scary how accurate it was, and I know myself better than most people so there was no cherry picking going on. Simply amazing stuff.

It's a great tool for self-discovery. Try it, you might learn something about yourself and the universe.

Remember, condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.

Now, could someone tell me what the influences of having Uranus in Ophiuchus is?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
reply to post by hawkiye

Amen.. I remember being shocked at the accuracy of a 30 page reading I got, it was downright scary how accurate it was, and I know myself better than most people so there was no cherry picking going on. Simply amazing stuff.

It's a great tool for self-discovery. Try it, you might learn something about yourself and the universe.

Remember, condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.

Now, could someone tell me what the influences of having Uranus in Ophiuchus is?

No, but I can tell you what happens if you catch Uranus on a 3 bar electrical heater, ouch!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Here is the clip that has 'unleashed the wrath' of angry astrologers.
The astrology part is at 2 minutes in.

edit on 25-1-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nox789

On that note im just going to be hot headed and stuborn seems im a Taurus

Yay , Taurus

a very Earth oriented Taurus, my Chinese sign & element is Pig Wood...all this was established
long before i became aware of the characteristics of the symbols...in other words my profile
was consistant with the model, and was likely the product of 'Archtypes' rather than a personality
profile custom tailored to fit the month-year,,,

One's Sun sign has it's place

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And next, I say that we get all "psychics" to demonstrate their "powers" under reasonable experimental conditions. Surely they'll have no problem with that...

Any one with me?
edit on 25/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join