It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean leader meets Egypt telecoms chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

N. Korean leader meets Egypt telecoms chief

www.peopleforum.cn

North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il has met the head of an Egyptian company that provides a mobile phone service in the impoverished communist nation, state media reported Monday.
Naguib Sawiris, chairman and CEO of Orascom Telecom Holding, has been visiting the North since Friday. His company has provided a mobile phone service in the North jointly with a local firm since late 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The North Koreans can't connect with outsiders and all the information they get is filtered by the government...Whether dose Kim decide to be more open on their information by cooperating with the Egyptian company or not?But what confused me is that why don't N.K. cooperate with their close friends ,China or Russia,which will be more reliable and safe?

www.peopleforum.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by skyvia

Chances are its because all Politics are local. Either China didnt want to assist, N. Korea got a hell of a deal, or they were concerned, even though China is an ally, that they would listen in on N. Korean calls. Since its pretty restricted in N. Korea, chances are only top people will have access to the phones, making their conversations targets for intel.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
aren't you aware that wikileaks just released information that China is no longer going to help Kimmie

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
aren't you aware that wikileaks just released information that China is no longer going to help Kimmie

I thought there were conflicting cables on that info. I remeber something about a chinese ambassador talking to the singapore counterpart about N. Korea.

top topics

join