It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Tops 2010 Corporate Hall of Shame

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Monsanto Tops 2010 Corporate Hall of Shame

www.greenchipstocks.com

The votes are in and the single worst corporation of 2010 is...

(drumroll please)

MONSANTO.

Stop Corporate Abuse polled its readers and the agricultural giant topped the list of abusive companies.

Quite a feat considering the upwelling of anger over BP's massive oil spill...

Here's a quick rundown of the results, courtesy of StopCorporateAbuse.org:

stopcorporateabuse.org...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Monsanto Again!

Considering the BP Oil Disaster, that was quite a feat in corporate "evil".

MONSANTO

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3581a467677.jpg[/atsimg]
Photo Credit

Monsanto garnered 38% of the vote to win the 2010 Corporate Hall of Shame. From using aggressive legal tactics to intimidate and bankrupt local farmers to its reckless promotion of genetically modified organisms, the list of Monsanto's abuses is long, and the negative impacts on human rights and the environment are staggering.

Add on a 40 year history of producing dangerous and cancer causing chemicals – from Agent Orange and PCBs to RoundUp and rBGH – and we have ourselves a 'winner'. Electing a winner isn't enough. Thousands upon thousands agree – Monsanto must change its practices.

And the runner up! BP We will never forget!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db9a6a187bab.jpg[/atsimg]
Photo Credit

In 2010 BP was responsible for the worst environmental catastrophe in U.S. history, devastating the livelihoods of millions across the Gulf Coast. BP put profits ahead of safety, leading to the explosion that cost the lives of eleven oil rig workers

And in third place, last but not least! Chevron
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/847260d4f994.jpg[/atsimg]Photo Credit

Chevron dumped more than 18.5 billion gallons of highly toxic chemicals into Ecuador's drinking water supply, causing widespread disease and illness. To make matters worse, the corporation refuses to clean-up its mess or compensate its victims.

www.greenchipstocks.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-1-2011 by burntheships because: format

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Sweet Jesus. Its not Monsanto that freaks me out, its the Cheveron lot you mentioned! I had no idea that this toxic pollution of drinking water had happened, but Im even more astounded to see that they have the audacity to refuse to compensate the victims or in any way rectify the situation !

Utterly insane world we live in these days.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Meh, i will flag it. Not because it is really news, but because it is the truth.

Not that it makes any difference, it seems.

edit on 23-1-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I know, can you imagine!
That is so truly disgusting!

As if its not bad enough that they dumped the poison in the first place,
then to refuse to be responsible? It gives new meaning to the words

Corporate Evil

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Why so shocked? Union Carbide screwed over, and continues to screw over, hundreds and thousands of Indian people everyday. What was the initial death toll? Like 25k people? And they didn't clean up anything. All they did was resecure the shoddy building that the chemicals were in. The ground water is ruined, but people are still drinking it.

But i guess it makes for good programming on Discovery channel to show the deformed people in India. That is how it works: one corporation supports another.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
All shining examples of greed, lust, and total disdain for their fellow human beings. If there were such a thing as a reptilian race on earth, these folks, and folks like them, could almost convince me of it. Cold blooded indeed.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It seems to me that there comes a point when a corporation/company gets to a certain way of thinking that they just abandon all morality for profit.
Monsanto are not alone here,but are a perfect example IMO.

These companies are hand in glove with governments to say the least,in some cases they are more powerful than governments.
This really is the sort of stuff Dwight warned us of,but have we taken heed??
It seems not IMO.

Screw terminator seeds/GMOs and Gene patents,Here is one who will never agree to your twisted version of farming.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I would have to agree, and when it comes to shaming the Haitian Farmers have put us to shame.
They actually burned the seeds Monsanto sent over in the wake of the quake.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
All shining examples of greed, lust, and total disdain for their fellow human beings. If there were such a thing as a reptilian race on earth, these folks, and folks like them, could almost convince me of it. Cold blooded indeed.

And to realize that The USDA just appoined Monsantos former chief lobbyist Michael Taylor
as The New US Food "Czar"! ??? I mean, its just sick!

“Vice president for public policy” means, of course, chief lobbyist. Monsanto had hired him to keep his former colleagues at USDA and FDA, as well as Congress folk, up to date on the wonders of patent-protected seed biotechnology.

“Since 2000,” the FDA press release informs us, “Taylor has worked in academic and research settings on the challenges facing the nation’s food safety system and ways to address them.”

Photo Credit : burningbabylon.wordpress.com...

edit on 23-1-2011 by burntheships because: format

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This polling for hall of shame and Monsanto topping the lists seems to be all the rage these days. I posted the Natural News poll equivalency of this a couple of weeks ago. Monsanto voted Most Evil Corporation of the Year by NaturalNews readers Of course Monsanto was #1 with a whopping 51% of readers. The federal reserve was #2 with 20%. BP only got 3rd place with 9%.

After taking nominations for the Most Evil Corporation of the Year survey from our readers, we hosted an online survey that allowed readers to vote on this question. Over 16,000 readers voted in our online survey from January 5 through 9, 2011.

Astonishingly, fifty-one percent of all votes went to Monsanto as the Most Evil Corporation of the year. This means Monsanto wins the top prize by a huge margin.

Taking second place was the Federal Reserve, with twenty percent of the votes.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thanks for your link!
Monsanto voted Most Evil Corporation of the Year by NaturalNews readers I actually starred and flagged you then!
I would do it again if I could!

It appears that Stopcorporateabuse .Org has been polling since 2008 at least.

stopcorporateabuse.org...

Last year was my first to find it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So now we have Dr. Frankenfood stocking the pantry. Oh joy! Now there's some "change we can believe in".

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well you have to give Monsanto credit, they had some fierce competition but their evil scheming ways managed to trump BP's incompetence and Chevron's murderous coverup.

Of course if this pageant were held in South America I think Chevron might have won hands down...

Now the question is, what can anyone DO about all this?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
As they say, evil trickles down from the top and not vice-versa....

When you have a corrupt government supported by the federal reserve corporation, which is supported by bankers in america and europe, then its no suprise you will get croney capitalism EVERYWHERE the world over with companies such as monsato, microsoft, bp, chevron, halibutron, private bank accounts in switzerland and the carribean, etc.

The middle class pays all the taxes while the wealthy&smart pay nothing. Its indentured servitude at its worst, but how can you know if you don't research anything and depend on corporate mainstream media to serve you the latest bs?

I would say BP is the worst company of all because not only did they show greedy recklessness by allowing the spill to happen, they they went ahead and dumped all the poisonous corexit they could possibly get their hands on. The corexit made all the oil sink to the bottom of the gulf killing thousands of fish and the oil that made it to shore ruined the entire ecosystem. Now people wonder why so many dead birds and fish????

Tourism is dead in the gulf area and people have barely been compensated at all. And where is the "all caring" goivernemnt in any of this? Just hollow promises with nothing to show for it, no national emergencies, no national guard deployments, not much financial assistance....NOTHING!

We might as well have total anarchy since doing nothing is better than doing thousands of "mistakes".............

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Honestly, its a bit overwhelming.

I intend to personally boycott all three of them if possible, along with
a few other choice offenders.

No pesticides at my place, no synthetic fertilizers, no GMO.
Period.

More complicated is the fuel issue. Looking into that one.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, I guess it's safe to say that the horseman Pestilence is now seen as corporations.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

You make a good point.

Pestilence and Death.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I would actually agree that because of the Corexit, and other dispersants BP should have taken
the top spot this year.

I know I would have voted them the worst offender.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c37e0b472915.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05671ea83450.jpg[/atsimg]

source credit

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I would actually agree that because of the Corexit, and other dispersants BP should have taken
the top spot this year.

I know I would have voted them the worst offender.

Thanks for response!

I feel compelled to ask the following: IS THE OIL WELL STILL LEAKING OIL or is it contained?

I wonder if they used any nuclear blasts down there because the pressures were so tremendous I doubt it could be capped any other way....just saying...and not that peaceful uses of nukes is always bad...sometimes its a good idea!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join