It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Of The Patriot Pied Piper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Source

The National Tea Party will fail because they have NO idea what they are up against. We have seen this movement mobilize, march and protest the political status quo. Their impact has been felt far and wide.

Unfortunately, all of this will fail in the end because the same Elite that control both of the Republicans and Democrats have already begun to infiltrate, corrupt and destroy the National Tea Party. Before I go into how this has been accomplished right underneath our noses, I feel it is important to see how we got here.

The Tea Party was destroyed before it got off the ground. When I saw the likes of Palin and Joseph Farah thinking they were the "headliners" and doing what they could to subvert it, I turned away and watched what could have been a great thing become a partisan hatchet job.

The Tea Party was actually started by Ron Paul supporters who saw it as a grass roots movement. In this day and age, nothing that starts as a grass roots movement will remain as such if there is someone who feels they can use the movement to further their agenda...as has been readily shown with the Tea Party.

How unfortunate to see such a great idea ruined by the GOP.
edit on 22-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
it was ridiculous then, and it's ridiculous now. The entire premise was to delude the gullible poor into thinking they're destined to be ultra-wealthy one day, and then show them how "unfair" it is that the ultra-wealthy have to pay taxes.

After all, when you're filthy stinking rich, do you want to pay taxes? Oh hell no, right?

All the Corporate Right takeover of the movement has done is stirred in some of the standard homophobia, islamophobia, and a dash of confused jingoism. No big change. it's still horse apples.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
it was ridiculous then, and it's ridiculous now. The entire premise was to delude the gullible poor into thinking they're destined to be ultra-wealthy one day, and then show them how "unfair" it is that the ultra-wealthy have to pay taxes.

Um, your statement is illogical.

Here is why.

If we were not taxed so much, we would be richer.

Sigh....I guess they don't teach basic math at schools anymore.

But hey since we won't be rich anyway, lets just give it all the the govt.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You're 100% right with this title.

Specifically, Pied Piper.

I truly believe that some of the Tea Party supported candidates will get to D.C. and play politics as usual.
I'll be keeping an eye on one elected in my very state.

It is up to the Tea Party to make sure they (the Constituents) don't lose their ideals, and act to remove any politician who does not serve the constituents.

After all, isn't that the very premise of a Republic?

If we remember the politicians actions while serving us, and vote accordingly, while it may take several cycles, eventually the politicians will realize that the voters will hold them accountable.

The worst part, is that this is exactly how it's supposed to be now, but we a s a nation have gotten in the habit of voting for words, and not being able to see through the b.s. that we're fed on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The tv is the pied piper.

People are the rats.

The internet is the ocean the piper drove us to dive into.

Your smart phone is your shackle.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

The tv is the pied piper.

People are the rats.

The internet is the ocean the piper drove us to dive into.

Your smart phone is your shackle.

That makes my backpack that has gotten through it all... my ship?
My growing energy, the wind in its sails...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

If we weren't taxed, we'd still be poor because corporations would still find a way to squeeze every dime from us.

Trust me, the poster you quoted is 100% correct in how the right have deluded the working class into supporting wealthy, tax-dodging sycophants.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
alot of you are too young to remember, but Ross Perot was included in debates back "in the day". we ned to get back to there at the VERY LEAST.

and yes his VP candidate was a space cadet...ATSers who are young might love Perot though

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Electric Crown

I remember perot saying that some group of republicans were threatening his family, namely the Bush squad, but the main stream just ignored and laughed at that as all lies...

I am pretty sure it is some of those very same people that are in on the current squashing program against the tea party...

These power brokers behind the scenes have had free reign forever, and are still going strong..They will not be denied continued power...

their judgement day is coming though..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I voted for Perot, because I couldn't stand the thought of Clinton or Bush As President.
And what did I get?
Both.

One thing some forget about that election, was that Clinton was elected with only 43% of the vote.
Bush got like 37 or 38%,
and Perot got 19% or something like that.

CLINTON WAS ELECTED WITH 43% OF THE VOTE.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I hold this to be true due to a recent video with Perot in re debate. The man was smart, bulls of steel, and I admired his courage to stand up. When he.spoke to others in the debate and he was convicted he could look somebody dead in the eye and not the crowd mind you but the opponent and he was not afraid to call bs. Not in the cough huh bs method but thay is b*** sh**! When I was young it was dem/rep as that was all I knew. I would coulda voted for him hindsight 20/20 but I still remember I thought it was so horrible to blow up a coral reef to park his yacht. Also, he lit his cigars from a stack of $100s he kept on his desk. Haha, that tells me in a jaded way the man knew how to manage money and make more of it therefore he had money to burn. Idk what that says about his appreciation of it tough. I like to think he knew was burning Fed notes and not real money. Now I simply admire his leadership and honesty. He never denied the bad things he did or blamed or slung mud he stuck to the facts. The facts were alarming enough!
edit on 23-1-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

top topics

join