It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who think Google is the enemy because of their information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3c9a8d13a81.jpg[/atsimg]

In case you haven't known (At least i haven't until last x-mas hehe)
Google phones, also known as Android phones have a pretty awesome feature where are tagged (unless turned off) in which location the image is taken.

All this information is probably extremely hard to comprehend but know this
All it takes is one type of software program to do a sort of clean up/collection of information.

Google can probably take it's googlebytes of information and transform it into some pretty scary things.
For example:Since it's got the globe all mapped out and google has already gotten the software all nice for google earth, it can make a software where it just highlights the globe with these "Land marks" of images just to have a personal feel of the area. Let the masses take the first steps, then fill in the holes.
They've already got the street view of almost every med used street (i would say most other than farmland/small population towns - super scary)

I personally think that this is VERY useful information for our next step in progress, however, those who do believe in the power of google as an evil, here is more information in your goodie bag

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
tnx, OP
Your post inspired me to - once again in the case of Google - find a balance.
At the one hand, Google is an innovative company that must be able to thrive and prosper.
At the other hand, there's too little common understanding among average users about what the implications are of having a monopolist dealing with our data.
Furthermore, I was shocked to hear Eric Schmidt (now ex-ceo of google) telling utter bull#, or better, lying to the masses about the importance of privacy. In the columns I wrote about it (in Dutch, so no use of linking to them) I pointed at the perversion: you don't lie just to be able to make even more money. How on earth can people have a "healthy" position towards privacy if no one spells it out to them what happens if they share data (with google or the other mologs who give sh*t about our privacy, did I mention Mark Suckerberg already?)

disclosure: I'm a sociologist who pioneered in Western Europe in internet development. Ever since the web turned the internet into kindergarten for consumers, I've been a critical observer.
edit on 22-1-2011 by NeverSleepingEyes because: trying to get the "size" thing right

edit on 22-1-2011 by NeverSleepingEyes because: removed a word that was entered twice

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
tnx, OP
Your post inspired me to - once again in the case of Google - find a balance.
At the one hand, Google is an innovative company that must be able to thrive and prosper.
At the other hand, there's too little common understanding among average users about what the implications are of having a monopolist dealing with our data.
Furthermore, I was shocked to hear Eric Schmidt (now ex-ceo of google) telling utter bull#, or better, lying to the masses about the importance of privacy. In the columns I wrote about it (in Dutch, so no use of linking to them) I pointed at the perversion: you don't lie just to be able to make even more money. How on earth can people have a "healthy" position towards privacy if no one spells it out to them what happens if they share data (with google or the other mologs who give sh*t about our privacy, did I mention Mark Suckerberg already?)

disclosure: I'm a sociologist who pioneered in Western Europe in internet development. Ever since the web turned the internet into kindergarten for consumers, I've been a critical observer.
edit on 22-1-2011 by NeverSleepingEyes because: trying to get the "size" thing right

edit on 22-1-2011 by NeverSleepingEyes because: removed a word that was entered twice

Didn't know that. Interesting connection. Honestly the google conspiracy has a potential to be huge.

After figuring this out (just looking at that image) i can't help but think that if this was really controlled by the wrong hands - we're doomed

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

a friend of mine sued google for sabotaging a business venture (his service is a competitor for one of google's services so wheneven you searched for my friend's initiative you were offered "scary" search results. Google's laywer told him that basically google is aboe the law.

just another anecdote.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Google basically made their search engine pop up bad things about it? :O
Interesting, i mean i hear "Google it" all the time, and it's the only real the i've seen evolve as i live since i'm only 18, i remember the start of google, and now it's like a way of life... googling things and what pops up is always "true"

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Also useful if they want to know where that house full of nice stuff is at on gps so they can rob you blind. So next time you take pictures in front of your christmas tree of all the cool presents you got. Who will be looking at those toys instead of the smiling faces you post on facebook,myspace so on?

top topics

join