It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Red WARN Flags

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Another quick question by a new member:

I have noticed that some posters have little red WARN flags in their boxes. What does it mean?

When I click on one it take me to another of their posts on a different thread. If this is a feature, how is it meant to be used?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You get the red flag when a member of staff warns you. Clicking it takes you to the post that caused their warning. Fun huh?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Be an arsehole, get a warning. Simple. I think its 5 warnings then your out
but i ain't sure

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I dunno Infinite, it seems that most members who are banned have as many as 2 more chances to come back and be good. There are plenty of chances (and plenty of warnings too sometimes!).

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be getting them now, its the new "in thing" lol i think warned members have their own club on ATS.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the answers.

I was warned about excessive quoting the other day. Does that mean that I have one but just can't see it? i.e. is it only seen by other members?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Nah you should be able to see it, it must be gone now I can't see one.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i dont think you got one Gools. i got a warn for that a while ago but didnt get a warning sign.

rynaldo

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It might not be an offical warning because you would have got a little sign saying so. I can't see the sign so i'm guessing your in the clear now

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Warnings for excessive quoting or one line responses receive only a U2U from a moderator and a 20 point deduction in points. Warnings for abusive language and hardcore flaming of a member receive a 250 point deduction and the red tag in your profile for 72 hours. Don�t quote me on this but I believe its an accurate statement.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I got points deducted as my penalty. I suppose a red flag is for serious offences. Any documentation around here on what those might be? Also is there some sort of manual (not just the FAQ description) on BBcode and all of its possible functions?

Thanks again for the replies.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It seems a lot of the warnings go to Bush bashers. I'm not saying they get warned for bashing Bush. I'm saying that most of those who are anti Bush seem to be a beligerant sort.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Warns tend to go to those FAR right or left. And when those 2 get together, DUCK. Btw, I think it's 3 warns in 72 hours and you're shown the door. Could be wrong though.

Best to err on the side of caution.

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think its 5 warnings and you get an automatic 72 hour ban.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Warns tend to go to those FAR right or left. And when those 2 get together, DUCK.

To True... Extremist, of either branch are the ornery kind.

@intrepid
How'em I doin'?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
@intrepid
How'em I doin'?

Enjoying your posts.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
good to know.

All hail the Sarced Pineapple!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So whats so sacred about the pineapple?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
So whats so sacred about the pineapple?

It's just some thing I came up with once when discussing "god." Is it God, Allah, a higher power. To avoid using any existing term, I just used the Sacred Pineapple. It's linked to Pixianity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join