It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Delta rocket flies from Vandenberg, California

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Sorry but that patch you linked to with the smiling monkey seems a lot different than the hell fire devil patch on this rocket.

The patch is scary. Reminds me of a phoenix in flames getting ready for rebirth. Definitely not in the same realm as the monkey fun patch. Sorry.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

As I said if you had read my post....some are real unit patches. Others are not - they are like trading cards (IE the monkey one)....they are collectable and are traded amongst various units and even branches....esp when in theater. But you (the general civilian) would not always be able to determine when one is a real unit patch and when one is not

Each unit and even each creaw (alpha, bravo, etc) does have real unit patches...and many of them are created by the unit/crews. I do not have all the current unit patches for 2ndSWS Space Command....but for example...Delta crew at one point had some playing cards as their patch. Another one as I showed above for Delta crew is a devil. And Charlie crew (as shown above) at the vulture type bird.

edit on January 21st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Um... I DID read your post.

So you would consider the patch used for the largest west coast rocket launch (one of significant importance), a "fun" patch? You realize the patch is being seen by the world and is on a symbolic location at the head of the rocket?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Being a USAF family since it was formed, we've seen and collected a lot of patches in our time too, and to be honest, none ever really creeped me out the way these two do (the one i linked to from here and the one in the other thread too). Maybe things have changed.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Um... I DID read your post.

So you would consider the patch used for the largest west coast rocket launch (one of significant importance), a "fun" patch? You realize the patch is being seen by the world and is on a symbolic location at the head of the rocket?

Maybe what I said came out differently then I intended....I meant patches in general. clarified.

But I do not see them as creepy as some of you...sooo
edit on January 21st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

link   
or it could be an eagle burning?? who knows..

link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Being a USAF family since it was formed, we've seen and collected a lot of patches in our time too, and to be honest, none ever really creeped me out the way these two do (the one i linked to from here and the one in the other thread too). Maybe things have changed.

My point exactly.
People can tell you whatever they want about something. However I make my own opinions.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
or it could be an eagle burning?? who knows..

An eagle burning would set off more alarms than a phoenix in rebirth. The eagle burning would symbolize America to die in my eyes, where as the phoenix would be symbolic of a new birth for the country, meaning a future ahead.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

maybe they want you to think its a pheonix being reborn....you never know

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Would like to see a single thread dedicated to this one patch. This patch has meaning, and it doesn't appear to be a happy one. Think about how they had said recently they have no money in the budget for projects like this. Now, all of a sudden we have the largest satellite ever being launched into space by the largest rocket ever launched on the west coast? And on top of that they have one of the most bizarre, eerie, recognizable themes on the patch they use on this massive rocket?

Alarm bells not going off for anyone else?
edit on 21-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The mission patch shown does have the phoenix on it, the meaning indicates the return to the older system following the failure of the attempt to replace it with the new electro-optical reconnaissance programme.

An image of a devil features on the launch patch. The old tradition of giving rockets personal names also appears to have been revived; Delta 352 seems to have been named “Betty”, and the Atlas V that launched from Vandenberg last year was named “Gladys”.

Since the identity of NRO L-49 and a KH-11 satellite has not yet been confirmed, several other types of spacecraft are possible. In the past, heavy-lift Titan rockets have also launched Lacrosse radar imaging satellites from Vandenberg; however with the launch of NRO L-41 last year it would appear that smaller, more modern radar satellites have replaced them.

All of these symbols on the patch hint that this is the fifteenth launch of a KH-11 type electro-optical reconnaissance satellite.
www.thespacereview.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e6e9ecc1a0c.png[/atsimg]
orbiter-forum.com...

They have to keep some things a secret, and alway make the ememy guess.

And this is rather typical spending on the part of The Pentagon.

Thats why the nuts and bolts there cost so much.

edit on 21-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Kudos for the good findings. I knew it was a phoenix. But here is my problem with the info you provided. Just like everything else we are told and given way to, these explanations and meanings could very well be made just for public viewing.

The real true meanings of the symbolism belongs to only a few people and I'm sure we will never know. I will stick with my feelings though, that this patch has an evil meaning and agenda behind it. I have see much more peaceful renditions of the phoenix rebirth. This is a sign of things to come and not in the manner they are feeding us.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

In the sense that in some ways many roads to lead to Rome...
And we have become accustomed to knowing that there is no where to run to, no where to hide.

Yes, and more on that - check out the link in my signauture.
edit on 21-1-2011 by burntheships because: classified

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Actually bud I have been peeking through that thread for some time. Great work.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And here is something peeking at us :

From the previous satellite launch...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Courtesy of Zorgon...

taken from the Information Awareness Office logo

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

And people think us conspiracy theorists are crazy? What more proof do folks needs to wake up? You my friend are a true asset in this war we are fighting.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thats a rising phoenix taking over the earth, it is right in front of us, do research on rising phoenix from egyptian stories, it is evil and demonic

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Would like to see a single thread dedicated to this one patch. This patch has meaning, and it doesn't appear to be a happy one. Think about how they had said recently they have no money in the budget for projects like this. Now, all of a sudden we have the largest satellite ever being launched into space by the largest rocket ever launched on the west coast? And on top of that they have one of the most bizarre, eerie, recognizable themes on the patch they use on this massive rocket?

OK. I understand you think this patch has special meaning, but I'm not understanding the rest. First, where did anyone say we don't have money for spy satellites? Second, this is not "all of a sudden." It has been in the pipeline for years, literally. It took three years to build and set up this thing and it was planned well prior to that. This is the 15th launch of a Delta IV and the fifth launch of a Delta IV Heavy. All the rest were mediums or medium plusses, still pretty big rockets. This is the fourth reconnaisance satellite. The rest were communications or scientific or navigational.

This is the first of seven Delta rockets to be launched in 2011 and the first of three to be launched from Vandeneberg. There are six more launches scheduled for 2012. This last launch was a large satellite, but not "the largest." We have several equivalent reconaissance satellites up there already.

So, from a technical viewpoint (not symbolic) this is a typical launch with a typical rocket with a typical payload with 14 rockets launched prior and 12 scheduled in the future of the same type. In other words, it's in the middle of the run. While not suitable for everything Vandenberg is a very well established launch site (over 50 years) that has multiple missions (not just Deltas). There is nothing really exceptional about this launch save for the 'Heavy" being launched for the first time from Vandenberg, which had to be re-designed to accommodate it.

I think yiur idea of a patch thread is a good one. Go for it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruffagii
Thats a rising phoenix taking over the earth, it is right in front of us, do research on rising phoenix from egyptian stories, it is evil and demonic

"It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again."

So... long cycle coming to an end? Check.

Builds a nest which self implodes? Check.

Nest and Bird die? In the process of.

A new phoenix arises, and understand IT WILL BUILD THE NEW NEST.

I hope that makes sense.

Wiki Phoenix

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
One thing that struck me immediately was the bird on the patch. In light of recent events, I immediately remembered one of the odd statements made by Jared L. - something about "can you see the bird on my shoulder?" I think the timing of events currently taking place and the linguistics being used are very important. It seems as if coded language is being used heavily right now, and that- to me- is not a good sign.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join