It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know what I saw. Do you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
First off, mods, I'm not sure this goes in the gray area, if not please move it.
Secondly, I'm not saying what I saw as paranormal or similar.

I think what I saw has an explanation, I just don't know what it is. I'm hoping someone here knows what happened and can tell me why or how.

I'm driving down a fairly used road, but there's not so much traffic at this time. It was about 8 o'clock and it was dark out.
So, I'm driving down this road and the second I drive under this one street light, it blows out. Nothing unusual about that. Street lights blow all the time. But what was weird was what followed about 2 seconds later. In that time the light blew, a huge blanket of whitish electricity (?) about 30 ft long shot out from the power line and lit up the whole road. It wasn't a bolt of electricity, or lightening, it was a mass ( of electricity?) that covered the whole road with a bright light and then as quickly as it came, it was gone. Two to three seconds tops.

I'm terrible at describing things so I made picture of it. The picture shows daylight, but it was night.
Can someone tell me what happened? I know what I saw, but I don't know what it was.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e21cd482c5f1.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 19-1-2011 by virraszto because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You just saw the DeLorean hit 88 mph. Watch out for terrorists....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
probably phosperous or some other type of chemical that was in the light.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

So That's What 1.21 Giggawatts looks like.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The whitish mass that came from the power line was not really near the light that blew. It was at least 30-40 ft. from the blown light. I do think the blown light had something to do with it, but the mass didn't come from the light.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
The whitish mass that came from the power line was not really near the light that blew. It was at least 30-40 ft. from the blown light. I do think the blown light had something to do with it, but the mass didn't come from the light.

If there was gas in the bulb and the wind carried it a short distance then a small spark from the bulbs innards could have set it off making it look like it wasnt coming from the bulb.

Now just imagine this on a bigger scale. The bulb below is small now imagine sodium vapor and a bulb the size of a 1/2 gallon milk jug going off.

edit on 20-1-2011 by JohnieG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You should put in bold watermark in hte picture "dramatization" or something to that effect.....people might just be scared away since it is obviously a photoshop jobby job you have posted tehre....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Hello, I am new to this people showing there photo's and I am gifted for some reason, but everyone has a quick answer for what they think it is. Well I will tell you one thing you have an amazing photo and you would have no idea whats inside! How about the letters along the bottom. Turn the photo upside down and see the faces on the edge of the trees in the white out. You need to take away the light to expose whats there. Again I see these things right away. I have over 6000 photo's that I need to ask someone, Why ? What I have that figured out. If you want tme to send you your photo back and show you whats there, I will . [email protected] I hope you are ready for this ? Dan

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I wasn't able to come back in time to edit my original post. So, for the record, again,

That is an illustration of what happened, it is not a true photo. I found a photo online that had streetlights on it, and drew in what I saw.

The explanation of gas escaping and being blown by the wind sounds like it could be the right answer.

Thanks. It was really driving me nuts trying to figure out what it could be.

top topics

join