It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'fake' posters on political threads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
An interesting case study would be to ascertain how many unique members there were in, say, the first 50 identities in the original incarnation of ATS.

50. What is your point? Poking holes in the credibility of the people who volunteer their time to run this site?

But what if the creation and manipulation of identities was an endorsed and well utilized policy of certain segments of the administration of the site.

It was not, and is not. Again, what is your point?

looks like somebody struck a chord with this one.
Im not sure what the anamosity is, but I for one believe this is not only feasable, but in all likelyhood standard operating procedure.
Especially seeings as how this IS a conspiracy board it would only be logical that some members/mods are here on a mission to 'debunk' and spread misinfo.

Not to mention that one only need search out posts by the Mods to realize that the majority of them seem to have basicly the same mindset.......conspiracies dont exist and you are reading too much into things.

df1

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
I decided to use the picture (hillary) for my avatar in the hope it would scare off some right-wing trolls.

Let me know if it works at scaring off trolls. I'm not gay, but I would consider using barney frank as an avatar if it would scare off right-wing christians. I have my doubts though, since most are just in the closet.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by df1]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antimyth
Especially seeings as how this IS a conspiracy board it would only be logical that some members/mods are here on a mission to 'debunk' and spread misinfo.

Not to mention that one only need search out posts by the Mods to realize that the majority of them seem to have basicly the same mindset.......conspiracies dont exist and you are reading too much into things.

To your first point anyone who spreads purposefully spreads misinformation is banned or will be banned. Read the rules. The only people who believe such lies are the people who are to lazy to really look into them and take things at face value.

To your second point, I think the reason no one has answered you is because you attacked a "majority" of the mods on the board with no evidence, facts, findings or even a smidgen of justification. You made a blanket statement that is supported by nothing but your opinion. That is one type of ignorance that the very meaning of ATS sets out to avoid.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo

Can you say "Madam President"? I found that picture on the front page of Drudge Report. Drudge cracks me up. He always uses extremely unflattering pictures of Democrats. But I think Hillary looks very cool and determined in that picture. I decided to use the picture for my avatar in the hope it would scare off some right-wing trolls.

It will not scare me off, but I try to avoid looking directly at it (I think its watching me
)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join