It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Survival Bow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Greetings ATS, I recently came across these videos where it shows how to make a simple bow and arrow out of wood and ductape if you are ever in a situation that might call for it. (personally I hope I'm never in that bad of shape). I don't know how to embed so I'll post the links to youtube. This guy has alot of great videos on everything from Archery and making decoy ducks and planting a survival garden to blood trailing, field dressing and preserving deer meat. Lots of good info if you have the time to watch them. Just click on his channel to browse the many topics. Enjoy guys.

Here's the one on the bow.
www.youtube.com...

And also how to make some arrows with wood and ducttape
www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-1-2011 by ghostsoldier78 because: Bad wording

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Nice to know but i'll stick with my 150lb carbon fibre crossbow with scope and laser sight with it what you aim at you'll hit without all those countless hours of practice.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

I hear ya
Hopefully if I'm stuck out in the woods I'll have my Kingfisher take-down bow. Very versatile for fishing or deer hunting.Even if you're not interested in bow-making, theres a plethora of other videos with some really good info for any survivalist/country boy wanna-be.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's so cool that you posted this today. I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to take up archery.... Now instead of spending a ton of money on a bow and arrows, I can just make them! I love duct tape. It's the best thing EVER!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

I just got into Archery myself, and I love it. I have had to learn everything from books and the internet. But if you're looking to get started, about 150 USD will get you a pretty decent starter recurve bow or longbow(maybe 30lb. draw weight or so) and accesories. Some of the higher end compound bows can run 600USD or more easily, and thats just the bow. I love the recurve because its alot simpler than compounds, less parts to break and repair. And more bragging rights because it does take a good technique to shoot one consistently.

top topics

join