It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa. abortion doc charged with 8 counts of murder

page: 1http:/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Pa. abortion doc charged with 8 counts of murder

news.yahoo.com

Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, made millions of dollars over 30 years, performing as many illegal, late-term abortions as he could, prosecutors said. State regulators ignored complaints about him and failed to visit or inspect his clinic since 1993, but no charges were warranted against them, District Attorney Seth Williams said.
Gosnell "induced labor, forced the live birth of viable babies in the sixth, seventh, eighth month of pregnancy and then killed those babies by cutting into the back of the neck with scissors and severing their spinal cord," Williams said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This guy is a disgusting excuse for a human , much less a Doctor.

He cut the viable babies with scissors to kill them! He hired a high school student to administer anesthesia with potentially lethal narcotics.
He had jars filled with severed feet lining shelves. This guy is a total sicko.
I do not understand why after almost 2 decades, State regulators had ignored complaints and they will face no charges.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Considering how many people want to adopt babies, he would have been better off matching up people who wanted to get rid of their babies with people who wanted to adopt them.

I'm not sure why it took them so long to finally charge this guy if they've been getting reports for so long.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't think anybody could fail to be disgusted by this.

I think that abortion is acceptable in the early stages of pregnancy, if the mother will not look after the child, or if there are serious (more than usual) medical implications for the mother to giving birth, but anything after 22 weeks is just... savage. And with scissors? I mean... could he have been more barbaric?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Thanks...this officially made my stomach turn, as I have a 1.5 year old daughter.

WTF is wrong with people? Where did the sanctity of human life go? Give the babies up for adoption if they are that far along.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The first thing I noticed was the mention of baby feet kept in jars, that's just sick, my guess is he was keeping the feet as trophies. This freak wasn't a doctor. He was a psychopath. To call him a doctor is an insult to physicians who take the Hippocratic oath to heart.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
he sounds like he would have moved up quickly in Hilter's SS

seriously though.....he must not be human

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Oh but there were so many out there over the years pushing to make these late crazy terms legal. Now look closely at the madness.

Gosnell has been named in at least 46 malpractice suits, including one over the death of a 22-year-old mother who died of sepsis and a perforated uterus in 2000. Many others also involve perforated uteruses. Gosnell sometimes sewed up the injury without telling women their uteruses had been perforated, prosecutors said.

But, but....this sounds like one of those "back alley" deals. Sounds like a "coat hanger" job. Truth is these types of injuries and death are common even in this day of enlightened abortion methods.

Bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses "were scattered throughout the building," Williams said. "There were jars, lining shelves, with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

Dr Mengele would have been so proud.

State regulators ignored complaints about him and failed to inspect his clinic since 1993

Such a well regulated industry! 17 years and no inspection. This guy could have done thousands of these severed spine deals!
edit on 19-1-2011 by Logarock because: sp

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by punctual

If we decided that everyone capable of horrific things wasn't human, the human race would consist entirely of dead people.

Everyone can do horrific things. Most of us don't because, from our current perspectives, we can see that they'd be horrific. To forget this makes it easier for your perspective to change.

He probably started out doing ordinary abortions, and then people offered him money to do a little later, and as he got drawn in deeper, his perspective changed and he became a monster. It doesn't mean that he's not human.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Everyone is focusing on how this doctor was such a monster...and I 100% agree.

But let's not forget that for every baby that he killed...there was a woman that was asking him to do it. These women are the true monsters in my opinion. At least the doctor had no attachment to the babies...but the mothers...no...they weren't mothers...they were selfish sorry excuses for woman...these woman are the lowest form of human I can think of.

IMO...they are just slightly lower than any of the other women that get abortions...early...mid...or late the are all disgusting in my book.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No argument there, but still...the Doctor should not have a license.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a real death merchant in the flesh... shall he be returned to his cold bed w/ no sleep.....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Forgive my knee-jerk reaction to this piece. I'm beside myself right now thinking about what this man has perpetrated upon the completely innocent. When I think of the moment my son was born, he looked into my eyes with such perfect wonder as I have never seen before. In that perfect moment we both felt a unique bond that I could never have experienced otherwise. To think that these children he forced into this world so briefly without ever knowing wonder or beauty and dispatched in such a violent way has left me stricken to the core. I want to believe that there is some way to atone as a species for this but I can't think of how that could ever happen. This man could be tortured to the most horrific death a thousand times a day for eternity and he would not begin to get what he deserves. I am very much against the death penalty but, what do we do with someone like this? If only there were some apparatus to keep this monster at the most terrifying pinnacle of pain and horror for the rest of his natural life I'd happily flip the switch. There are so many loving couples without the ability to conceive children that would have taken these little ones without hesitation, this is beyond senseless. Reading this article has left me changed like nothing I have read before.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There are a few things that really stand out to me that no one seems to have noticed. Now we all noticed how long it had been since this "doctor's" place had been inspected. We all noticed the amount of complaints. However this is what stood out to me.

"People knew near and far that if you needed a late-term abortion you could go see Dr. Gosnell," Williams said.

So it was common knowledge that if you wanted a late term abortion then this was who you went to see, but here is the problem...

"He does not know how to do an abortion. He's not board certified," Assistant District Attorney Joanne Pescatore said. "Once he got them there, he saw dollar signs and did abortions that other people wouldn't do."

So even though you went to this "Doctor" with multiple malpractice suits, countless complaints, and people generally knew you can go to him for a late term abortion, it took how many years for LE to figure out he was not even certified to perform the procedure in the first place? There is more to this story that is not adding up.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
...pertinent info being overlooked, imo, in lieu of focusing on gory details...
news.yahoo.com...

the doctor served patients in a low-income city neighborhood for decades.

None of the employees had any medical training

died of cardiac arrest because she was given too much Demerol. Gosnell wasn't at the clinic at the time, but directed his staff to administer the drug to keep the woman, a healthy 41-year-old woman, sedated until he arrived

charged $325 for first-trimester abortions and $1,600 to $3,000 for abortions up to 30 weeks. Abortions are legal up to 24 weeks gestation in Pennsylvania, although most doctors won't perform them after 20 weeks

Some women came from across the mid-Atlantic for the illegal late-term abortions, authorities said. White women from the suburbs were ushered into a separate, slightly cleaner area because Gosnell believed they were more likely to file complaints

...emphasis above is mine...

Few if any of the sedated women knew their babies were born alive and then killed, prosecutors said. Many were first-time mothers who were told they were 24 weeks pregnant, even if they were further along,

...he's guilty in my book, as are his employees, but they're not the only ones that allowed this to happen and, based upon the excerpt below, the state regulators should be on trial too...

State regulators ignored complaints about him and failed to inspect his clinic since 1993, but no charges were warranted against them given time limits and existing law

...i suspect that money encouraged those state regulators to ignore the situation and encouraged the district attorney to come up with the excuse of time constraints and existing law for not charging them with accessory or, at the least, accepting a bribe...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
But let's not forget that for every baby that he killed...there was a woman that was asking him to do it. These women are the true monsters in my opinion. At least the doctor had no attachment to the babies...but the mothers...no...they weren't mothers...they were selfish sorry excuses for woman...these woman are the lowest form of human I can think of.

IMO...they are just slightly lower than any of the other women that get abortions...early...mid...or late the are all disgusting in my book.

...i really hope that your rant is due to the "mood: illogical" noted below your avatar...

...if you were being serious in your rant, you're presuming that the women that went to see this butcher knew about his unscrupulous methods... the article says differently...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I agree with this too. The article states that he would tell them that they were 24 weeks even if they were more. He is the lowest of low and will pay for this in one way or another.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Abortion of a viable fetus that posed no threat to the mother's life? Even being pro-choice, he's guilty of murder.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

...if you were being serious in your rant, you're presuming that the women that went to see this butcher knew about his unscrupulous methods... the article says differently...

It wouldn't matter to me either way...the women went there to have their own baby killed...so I view them equally as disgusting monsters...just as I do this "butcher". They were willing participants in the butchery.

I don't give someone a pass because they are ignorant of their own body and don't know how long they have been pregnant. You can try to excuse the vile acts these women committed...but not me.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Is this Dr. Mengele's

long lost brother?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join