It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney NBC Interview- "We Shouldn't Rush to Judgment"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

In his first interview since undergoing major heart surgery last July, former Vice President Dick Cheney addresses a wide range of topics, including the Arizona shooting and the resulting political fallout, his latest views on Barack Obama's presidency, his offer to George W. Bush to step down as vice president, and his upcoming health decisions.

DICK CHENEY:

Well, I think we have to be a little bit careful here-- about a rush to judgment. Trying to explain the event when we don't really know everything we need to know in order to be able to make sort of a final judgment. There's a lot more I'd like to know about the man who was the perpetrator of this awful crime.

And I think we need to be a little careful about assuming that somehow the rest of society or the political class bears the responsibility for what happened here when it was the act of a deranged, crazed individual that committed a crime.

I never thought the words "I agree with Dick Cheney" would ever be formed in my brain or come out of my mouth, however they have. Indeed this is a strange day in my world. Perhaps he was struck by lightning over the weekend.

Also, there are some other interesting things said, though not quite so unpredictable....

JAMIE GANGEL:

You said that you thought that President Obama was going to be a one term President. Do you still?

DICK CHENEY:

I do.

JAMIE GANGEL:

Because?

DICK CHENEY:

Well, because I think he embarked upon a course of action when he became President that did not have as much support as he thought it did. That once he got into the business, for example, of the healthcare reform. I think he's enacted a program that a great many people are very worried about. And that there's a lot of support out there for the effort to repeal that healthcare package.

I think his overall approach to expanding the size of government, expanding the deficit, and giving more and more authority and power to the government over the private sector is a lack of-- sort of a feel for the role of the private sector in-- in creating jobs, in creating wealth and getting our economy back on track. Those are all weaknesses, as I look at Barack Obama. And I think he'll be a one term President.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 18-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Darth Cheney is pissed because Darth Obama has the ability to assassinate peeps, where Darth Cheney never had that power.

DARTH CHENEY IS mad that DARTH OBAMA has more powers than him!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
What are you talking about?
Darth has the power...
He has always had the power...
He poisons more with Halliburton on a bad day than Obama could
with the troops under his command.

new topics

join