It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i was expecting the Pentagon Papers, i got World in Brief...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i saw F-911 last week and i wasn't impressed with it. i am extremely anti-bush, and would probably agree with most of moore's points of view. but, this documentary.. well, where was the research? all moore seems to have done is collate already-known material that was already in the public domain in one source (and of course interview people).

i learned not one new thing from this documentary. this is in contrast to, say, Panorama or Equinox, or even anything on the history channel, where usually a documentary teaches me something. i had hoped to see some research on moore's part, something groundbreaking... but all it was was a wrap-up, a summary.

i guess he gets some credit for attempting to popularize the issues, but lets face it... most of the people who support bush aren't going to change their minds after seeing this movie.

so.. i guess my point is i agree with what moore's done, and most of what he's said, but don't go thinking he's daniel ellsberg when all he's revealed to us is his effective use of search engines.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I felt pretty much the same way.
I already knew almost everything in the movie.

I'm glad he got a lot of information into the spotlight for the general public though.
That may result in people leaving the theater going home and doing more research on the information he presented.

If I hadn't already seen documentaries like Bush Family Fortunes, and hadn't been a member of ATS, the movie may have had more impact on me because most of the information would have been new.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have to agree it's nothing for people who have been following this sort of stuff, and the Bushiets, will still deny whats in front of them, I might pick it up when it's cheap on DVD
P.S. AceOfBase I fixed that mass-murder hoax, I spent most of the night looking for any true links to that story, it should have clicked when the Onion was linked to it,
Anyway Moores film is good from what I have seen of it, puts me in mind of Alex Jones.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
well yes the subjects covered in the movie are already known to the likes of us, who browse these kind of sites e.t.c. but I think it's actually come as a surprise to alot of the general public who don't go out of their way to look for this kind of stuff.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I agree with the poster (Good Subject Line
). I wrote in another thread:

"I have seen the movie and frankly I was disapointed. I thought it was rather mild and could have gone much further. I don't understand what all of the vitriol is about.

The information contained in the movie has been available in public discourse for some time now on hundreds of websites and has been debated and written about by dozens of columnists and authors.

It is a sign of the times when such relatively mild criticism generates such hostility. "

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
well yes the subjects covered in the movie are already known to the likes of us, who browse these kind of sites e.t.c. but I think it's actually come as a surprise to alot of the general public who don't go out of their way to look for this kind of stuff.

Yeah, I think the movie was targeted at the general public. Believe it or not, most people are pretty ignorant of what goes on...that's why the rest of us are here

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I thought the movie was great but agree with you guys that most of it I already knew but thats because as someone else said I come here and to other websites, mostely here and learn a lot more than most about whats going on. After seeing the movie it occurred to me that maybe we all know MM from here. Maybe this is where he get a lot of his info and ideas. Who could it be?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Its a movie/docu, show me just 1 of em that has research "IN" it, movies and docu's are visual representations of the findings of a research or investigation.

If you want the research "BEHIND" the docu go here : www.michaelmoore.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
good points all. i guess the value of this movie lies in it's popularizing the controversy.

-koji K.

top topics

join