It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to modify the weather?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Is it possible to modify the weather?

www.independent.co.uk

For the past 60 years, however, man has attempted actively to control localised weather, predominantly through a process known as cloud seeding. The US was the first country to experiment and today China and Russia carry out cloud seeding on a regular basis.

Some degree of success has been claimed in both dispersing showers and creating precipitation in specific areas. In theory, a seeding programme can make rain fall in areas where it is wanted and also in areas where it is not. For example, during the Beijing Olympic Games, the Chinese government claimed it was able to seed clouds and speed precipitation in weather systems
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I wouldn't even bother asking whether it's possible or not, but I would be more fascinated in just how many ways it's being done.

We know of the long standing cloud seeding, such as China recently boasted success with during the olympics.

And then there is the scientists in Abu Dhabi, who claimed to create many rain storms in the middle of the desert using lampshade-like ionizers:

newsfeed.time.com...

And then of course we will have our more controversial based culprits of weather manipulation, such as HAARP, and the ever heated subject of the chemtrail operations that so many feel does not exist. lol.

It is interesting to see an actual meteorologist discussing this subject here in this article! I wonder if there will start to be a gradual disclosure on some of these programs?

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I would say that it is definitely plausible and I am sure that it has been looked into. I mean back in the early 1900's and maybe even 1800's there were people who claimed to seed the clouds to produce rain. Also the chemtrail phenomenon is basically supposed to be the same thing to a degree. I would say it is definitely possible. The real question is can they create superstorms like the article recently about superstorms in CA. I wonder if that is a cover up for a planned test? Anyway I find this to be a very interesting subject and article. Flag and Star for you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
digital...
everything needs to be digital...
analog is out
the weather is analog...
digital digital digital...

im sorry..
the last human/animal right has been stolen

no need to argue..
chemtrails exist..
radar weather modification exist... (HAARP among others)

digital is the new way
total control.

man is king
nature is subdued
sad but true

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Anyone who will bother doing a google search for "UN Weather Warfare Treaty" can answer this question for themselves rather quickly.

As to how many ways? Who knows. But then how many ways do they need if they're getting the results they want worldwide? There is a meteorologist who runs a website about weather manipulation. But I can't think of the guys name or site at the moment. Maybe someone else knows who I'm talking about.

Chemtrails? That's a touchy subject around here it seems.

I think the only disclosure we're going to get on anything is enough to keep us arguing with one another. For every piece of the puzzle they release, it seems like they release some opposing propaganda to go with it.
But then that's the idea isn't it? Keep the pot stirred, and the people divided.

S&F DD

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i seen another story about Queensland in Australia buying this technology from Thailand. From what I can gather this is real. They have been in a drought like most of Australia for a long time and they were purchasing something which could manipulate the weather and make it rain. This was brought up when the floods began a couple of weeks ago

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
During the decade I lived in Los Angeles between the 80's and 90's, we all used to marvel that no matter what the whether was like the day before the Rose Bowl Game that come game day it would be 80 degrees without a cloud in the sky and the day after another 100,000 people would move to L.A.!

It would seem to me though that one super power could cause a drought and one super power could cause it to go ahead and rain.

Cloud seeding has been around since the 1960's and was used in Vietnam to bog down the Ho Chi Min trail at times, and later Russia even advertised and sold the service to Singapore to make it rain to clean out the city's smog.

Around the late 60's they learned how to blow hurricanes off course, but felt it was morally wrong to tamper with Nature/God's design as yes they felt they could steer it away from a major population center, but that just meant steering it towards a less populated area that wouldn't likely have been hit. Not entirely fair to those living there then.

Yet it's the Earthquake and Hurricane potential in the patents in devices like HAARP that are troubling.

In more ways than one, as maybe it was Mother Nature that unleashed a quake on Southern China, but are the Chinese going to believe it was Mother Nature when they know we have potentially have the technology to unleash one ourselves?

It makes you wonder sometimes why they feel the mad desire to invent and develop these things its as almost as if they really feel no amount or variety of weaponry and things that can be used as weapons is ever enough.

Believe it or not deliberately altering the atmosphere dates back to at least the 1600's when it was believed burning coal as a fuel source would alter the atmosphere and prevent outbreaks of cholera.

They didn't think twice about altering the atmosphere 400 years ago through artificial means so I doubt they would hesitate for what ever reason they thought there might be some advantage good or bad to do it today.

The sad thing is like so much of our government and military this is an area and aspect we have no control over, no say in, and indeed are not even 'allowed' to know when it involves 'national security'.

It would seem those charged and tasked with our security are more dedicated to their security than our own.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yes I believe that it is possible, Contrials/Chemtrails and Cloud Seeding are other names for weather manipulation. Here are some links:

Atmospheric Geoengineering: Weather Manipulation, Contrails and Chemtrails

History Channel Documentary Validates Chemtrails and Weather Warfare

Can China control the weather?

Does cloud seeding work?

Some say it works, others disagree. They have been experimenting around the world for years.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
ATS is too good... all the links/thoughts I would have posted are up!

I think we are in a war with China.. a Hurricane here, an Earthquake there, A missile launch here... it's not full blown or out of control but it is every bit of a cease fire as exists at the DMZ in Korea...

But what do I know.... I'm just a crazy vet.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Weather Modification...well its like a different language these days.

New terms...

Global Dimming, Enhanced Dimming, Solar Radiation Management

So many ways, so little earth to mess with!

I remember reading this, laughed first at the vindication. Then

But the option that is taken most seriously is altogether grander in conception and scale. The scheme proposes nothing less than the transformation of the chemical composition of the Earth's atmosphere so that humans can regulate the temperature of the planet as desired. Like volcanic eruptions, it involves injecting sulphur dioxide gas into the stratosphere to blanket the Earth with tiny particles that reflect solar radiation.

Various schemes have been proposed, with the most promising being adaptation of high-flying aircraft fitted with extra tanks and nozzles to spray the chemicals. A fleet of 747s could do the job.

Yes, a group of expert scientists have a behind the doors dialogue ongoing...The Royal Society.

This chart from the masterminds, we have from one of the studies endorsed by them.

It shows evaluation from 12 different methods of geoengineering.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ea4a89e95f9.png[/atsimg]

And how about Space Reflectors? Wow...

2020science.org...

royalsociety.org...

Scary thing is we really dont know what they do, and what the actual ramifications will be.
edit on 18-1-2011 by burntheships because:
spelling

edit on 18-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There will never be a way to know 100 percent even if cloud seeding works. You would have to have two identical storms, and one being seeding, and one not being seeding, to really know with 100 percent certainty if there is any effect.

Basically all they can do are statistical analyses and try to figure out over a period of time, if there was more precipitation that was caused, or in cases of projects to reduce hail, if there was long term lessening of hail damage in place like Alberta Ca and Greece (who have hail projects)

NCAR in Boulder has multiple projects going on to see what kinds of cloud seeding work for increasing rain, and which conditions work the best. Some places like lots of airborne aerosols (aerosols means particles, not spray cans) such as dust over desert areas where there is probably so much airborne particles that you cant do anything else for rain formation.

The planes used for cloud seeding are generally single engine and piston engine planes such as Piper Comanches, Piper Senecas, and Cessna 340s, with a small number of King Airs and Piper Cheyenne turboprops. The pilots are generally lower in overall hours, and have not gone to the airlines yet or dont want to. The individual project are almost always seasonal such as summer or winter, 3-6 months at a time.

top topics

join