It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and Extraterrestrial Life - Saudi To Host Discussion For World Leaders This Month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hey hey one step closer to ufo truth I hope! if not, at least some interesting discussion and subtle disclosure, as in potential acknowledgement. It appears an attempt at creating new policies regarding extraterrestrial life is in the makings, which to me, is yet another step towards disclosure.

The Global Competitiveness Forum (GCF) is hosted by the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority and will be hosted in the capital Riyadh from January 22-25, 2011. The GCF website says:

The Global Competitiveness Forum (GCF), the only event of its kind, is an annual meeting of global business leaders, international political leaders, and selected intellectuals and journalists brought together to create a dialogue with respect to the positive impact organizational and national competitiveness can have on local, regional and global economic and social development. It was founded in 2006 by the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA), and is held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia under the patronage of HM King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques.

The description for the GCF’s forthcoming panel on “Contact: Learning from Outer Space” is:

Psychological and socio-cultural assumptions and preconceptions constrain us to a large extent, and shape our views of the universe so that we are inclined to find what we are looking for, and fail to see what we are not. Using knowledge gained from research in the fields of Ufology and the search for extraterrestrial life, what might we possibly learn about hindrances to innovation in other areas of inquiry?

The GCF hopes to stimulate dialogue over how issues related to UFOs and extraterrestrial life impact on the national competitiveness of oil producing countries such as Saudi Arabia. As the world’s leading oil energy supplier, Saudi Arabia is taking a keen interest in future trends where new energy systems are developed for mass consumption. By taking a proactive role in business dialogue and investment plans that discuss extraterrestrial life and alternative/new energy technologies, Saudi Arabia hopes to use its enormous wealth as a means of ensuring the future prosperity of its kingdom and citizens. That is both the right political move and smart business strategy, and will encourage world business leaders to also take proactive steps on issues related to extraterrestrial life and technology.

news.exopoliticsinstitute.org...
So to me, this is an effort that validates if not actual et life, then at least the probability of such, and the fact that leaders are meeting to discuss this confirms the seriousness of it all.
From The Article:

Then there is this report from a few days prior:

Scientists endorse study of societal consequences of extraterrestrial life

January 10, 2011. Michael E. Salla, Ph.D.

The discovery of exoplanets is stimulating scientific discussion of extraterrestrial life and its scientific and societal implications
The proceedings of a scientific conference that studied the societal consequences of extraterrestrial life has just been released. Organized and hosted by the Royal Society in October 2010, the conference was titled, "The detection of extra-terrestrial life and the consequences for science and society." The conference received wide international attention when one of the participants, Dr Mazlan Othman, was wrongly described as being on the verge of being appointed by the UN to become Earth's official liaison to extraterrestrial life. In the published proceedings, Othman sets the record straight. She believes that the UN already has a mechanism in place to deal with the detection and contact with extraterrestrial life, but work needs to be done in formalizing this by UN member states. Other conference participants endorse Othman's recommendation, and further believe that the time has come to study the societal consequences of extraterrestrial life.

exopolitics.org...

So if et existence is real, aren't these proceedings and international effort actual steps our leaders would take to both inform the public and create new policies? This may lend a little weight to the speculative report last week about Obama announcing existence of et life. Here
I just hope they leave the spin off of it, but we know how likely that is....

Peace,
spec

edit on 18-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
hope he has photos.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, I especially can't wait for Obama to announce that ETs are here.

I'd be more impressed if he said he was an ET

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

hope he has photos.

Me too

I hope we get to see pics from various countries too!

spec

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Califemme

Hey Califemme, I hope so too! My fingers are crossed but I can't hold my breath any longer, I keep turning all blue.
This is the closest we have gotten it seems, and the official-ness of it all makes it more real. i think it will happen!

Thanks for the reply,
spec

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
nice OP

We know the saudi's are taking it serious because the main topic seems to be how it effects THEIR money...
and when it comes to their oil and money they take the subject very serious....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antibren

We know the saudi's are taking it serious because the main topic seems to be how it effects THEIR money...

Good point antibren, and there is genuine framework being developed here so somebody is taking it seriously, and on an international level.
Here's a big 'what if,' what if these animal deaths are going to be used as evidence that our airspace security has been compromised by these ufo's, and their presence and propulsion or maneuvering have an affect on wildlife. And, if there are actual ufos flying around maybe their energy signature or radiation does kill animals in it's immediate vicinity.

Just rambling on here, letting my imagination out for some exercise.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I posted this topic the day the article came out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Luckily for you, I have already refuted all the people trying to discredit this happening (by showing a direct quote from GCF's itinerary & more). I'll repost a snippet here just in case anyone will try that again. Hopefully everyone will take it seriously because this is a phenomenal leap in disclosure.

"www.gcf.org.sa... CTRL + F "Outer Space" you will see it's on their itinerary. Or do you think they made this entire website talking 99.9% about things unrelated to UFOS/ETS for years+ had 4 other meetings b4 this one in the past that it was all a scam just to throw in "UFOS/ETS" on a single day to fool you? Now -that- is "not probable". Here's vids of their previous conferences, found on their website www.youtube.com... Do you think all these CEOs were in on this scam for years, just to trick poor lil you one day?"

edit on 18-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I buy it
it at least should be brought up
7000 buffalo and cattle in Vietnam
and now huge die offs of seals in canada

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Check this out

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
Luckily for you, I have already refuted all the people trying to discredit this happening (by showing a direct quote from GCF's itinerary & more). I'll repost a snippet here just in case anyone will try that again. Hopefully everyone will take it seriously because this is a phenomenal leap in disclosure.

"www.gcf.org.sa... CTRL + F "Outer Space" you will see it's on their itinerary. Or do you think they made this entire website talking 99.9% about things unrelated to UFOS/ETS for years+ had 4 other meetings b4 this one in the past that it was all a scam just to throw in "UFOS/ETS" on a single day to fool you? Now -that- is "not probable". Here's vids of their previous conferences, found on their website www.youtube.com... Do you think all these CEOs were in on this scam for years, just to trick poor lil you one day?"

Good job nailing the itinerary and fact this site has always been business orientated.
That would shush up anyone trying to discredit anything unless they wanted to be at risk of sounding illogical.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Good find, S & F

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Check this out

thats a mind blowing map....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Michio Kaku said there's 93 reports of mass animal deaths a year. That's 7.75 a month.

This map clearly shows there is -far- more than 7-8 and this month is not even over.

This is a clear sign the Earth is going through a change (dolphins and whales are being affect now).

I don't think this is all caused by UFOs. I'd bet it is a natural astronomical process/cycle, especially with the erratic weather conditions these last years and from interplanetary climate change (so our whole solar system is changing).

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Thanks for the links and support Fantom and yea I'm a bit confused too about the contradicting assessments. I have been hearing biologists say that millions of birds die each year naturally and from intentional poisoning on some of the more over populated species. This, coupled with the wildfire of awareness and concern initiated from the Arkansas incident, has led to more people reporting across the globe, and that still makes me wonder if all of this is just in the high range of average activity. I could buy that with the birds alone, but with all the other animals, I am still left wondering.

peace,
spec

ETA: the ufo was just some wild speculation on my part

top topics

join