It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing object filmed in the Pouring Rain 6.40pm 17/01/11 Farnborough, Hants, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Just came across this on youtube. This guy is filming a bright object that cant be a china lantern because it is bucketing it down. As far as I can make out its not a star or planet as seems to be moving. Anyway I thought it was interesting enough to share and get your opinion. The guy is a ufo Buff and may even be a member here on ATS. If you are a member I would be interested to hear your recollections of the sighting .

inexplicata | 17 January 2011

Filmed 6.40pm this evening 17/01/11 over Farnborough, Hants, UK...It was pouring with rain, so please, dont say it was a lantern...credit me with some intelligence about the subject after 20 years of ufo research.

edit on 18-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It looks, behaves and drops just like a military parachute flare..

Not saying it is one, just that it is identical to one..

I have used hundreds of them and this is how they look..

Semper

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
my experience of chinese lanterns is that they have more of a orange glow to them and flicker, the light in the video has a yellow/white glow and i am seeing no signs of flickering, i have no idea what it is, but just adding my thoughts as to why i believe it is not a chinese lantern also.

CX

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Interesting vid, thanks for posting it.

I'm often skeptical about people who claim to have done x amount of years UFO research. I have been interested in UFO's since being given my first Arthur C Clarke book at the age of 7, and i read up on lots of UFO incidents, but that does not mean i have 31 years of UFO research and i certainly wouldn't make such a claim.

I'm just saying i'd like to see what makes this guy an expert. Also, telling people what it is not...when you are asking what it is....to me is not a sign of intelligence, rather a little ignorance. Maybe thats me though.

Semper's answer sounds feasible, have seen a few myself and that could inded explain this one.

Then again, this light is a good distance away, i'm no good at judging distance from video footage, but say it was a mile or two away, just because it is raining at your location, that doesn't mean it's not raining there at the light source.

Intriguing though nethertheless.

CX.

CX

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Another guess.....heli with a spotlight on?

The visibility is pretty rubbish due to the rain, so i guess it's an option. The guy says it was completely silent, but aircraft can appear silent when far off in the sky, especially when it's chucking it down.

CX.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
It looks, behaves and drops just like a military parachute flare..

Not saying it is one, just that it is identical to one..

I have used hundreds of them and this is how they look..

Semper

You may be on to something there is a well know airport in the area that is famous for its airshows . www.farnboroughairport.co.uk... www.farnborough.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

After looking again I don't think its dropping I think its moving from left to right. I wonder if it could be the ISS. I will see if I can check the times against any possible fly over that day.

Ok this could be it ,ISS fly over for yesterday evening . www.heavens-above.com...

17 Jan 15:43:23 10 W 15:45:55 26 SSW 15:48:27 10 SSE

Its quite close to the time he gave.

Filmed 6.40pm this evening 17/01/11

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It looks like a jets after burners to me, Farnborough, Hants, UK has a big airbase where they hold a large airshow each year

still from the video clip
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7a99f4c7e63.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 18-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I guess I'm in a minority when I think it is a chinese lantern then?

Moves as slowly as one, I even think it pulses/flickers like one, and from personal experience, they can go up and fly in rain (I set off around 6 or 7 on a blustery, rainy October night high up near Snowdonia in Wales, and they flew an incredible distance despite the weather).

I live overlooking a river, on the other side of the river is a huge peninsular and lanterns go up from there on a nightly basis from varying distances away, regardless of weather. When I first moved in about 6 months ago, I was constantly looking to the sky whenever they went up making absolutely sure what I was seeing was a lantern. Now I'm totally used to them. First thing I thought when I saw this vid was 'lantern' and I'm inclined to stand by it after 3-4 watches.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

I did not know they could fly in heavy rain ,I would have thought the tissue type paper they are made of would be destroyed. Then again who would set one off in heavy rain ? I guess its not impossible just does not sound very likely ,to me anyway. Helicopter or jet maybe.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I set them off in heavy rain

It was to mark an occasion, it was the only night we had to set them off, so it was a case of now or never. We did, and up they went.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The one thing I dislike in videos like this is that because it's always usually a quick to hand camera (camcorder, phone, whatever) the screen shakes too much to be able to truly identify a real flight pattern for any object.

If somehow we had cameras that could keep the images still even with the human body shaking through various reasons such as cold, normal muscle twitching etc then it'd make these things a hell of a lot easier to dissect and analyse.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This looks like some pictures my son has taken last week.

Also in Hampshire..

That is no fake, and no flares either.

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/qiCKeBfakaxRhdX87gDSqfnRzcw20xWDoefJc8Huissc52lMYCZ80WZdwh4S6OaXH0c94VkIJRiW-OCyvPiUJQGXXlMXTtyz/2011_01090242.JPG[/img ]

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/u8qmvj8vA0ZLgN*JD9*n3xyWOJEzSRlI5-baLhZowu0BquaQUi3T*FsmSbxG1Tu40kH1HZKHANuA1rZE9v4WwhQDuwL2l-S0/2011_01090243.JPG[/img ]

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/qiCKeBfakaxRhdX87gDSqfnRzcw20xWDoefJc8Huissc52lMYCZ80WZdwh4S6OaXH0c94VkIJRiW-OCyvPiUJQGXXlMXTtyz/2011_01090242.JPG[/img ]

No idea what it is...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Added a rubbish Jet into the picture to show the afterburners off

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fd57cf671f2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Not_u_again

I cant see the pictures you posted . I am viewing via my smart phone, but i think you need to upload the pictures to your ats media page. I.e click tools then pictures. Once uploaded click the picture and copy the code where it says make avatar.Paste that code between square brackets img /img .

top topics

join