It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks To The FDA We Are Slowly Killing Ourselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Daily we are using products that are toxic to our bodies. They are in our medicine cabinets, our showers, and our sinks. Silly, silly, people thinking that you are just practicing good hygiene. I have in the past heard that people were switching to "greener" personal products, but have never known anyone to switch because their products were poisoning them!

I started looking at this when I noticed my comforter had a "chalky" (shut up
) spot on my husbands side where he sleeps without a shirt and his deodorant rubs off onto it. As I gathered it up to wash the spot was ice cold! I was like wth? So I was trying to figure out why deodorant would do this. Then I recalled it had aluminum in it. So my search began. Below is what I found...

According to this article deodoarants containing this aluminum has been linked with Alzheimers and more: www.drjerniganblog.com...

Here we thought we were doing the world a favor by not smelling it up!

Nobody likes furry green and yellow teeth do they?Toothpaste warns "harmful if more than used for brushing is swallowed". Read more here: www.aroma-essence.com...

Greasy hair anyone? How about a nice dose of nerve damage? www.rense.com...

The list goes on. You may ask WHY are the chemicals allowed in these products? Who is in charge?

Here is the entity looking out for your well being.... www.fda.gov...

Conspiracy to shorten life spans or something else? Why allow all these additives? I realize there are some people who are aware of this. I also realize that if I just found out maybe there are others who would like to know. People aren't dying en masse from deodorant poisoning. But we use many products every day that are toxic. I can't help but to think that this affecting us a lot.

Big Brother can just sit back while we continue to do ourselves in.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You are correct. We are being poisoned, and we are allowing those that are supposed to be watching out for our best interest to fill their pockets while we slowly kill ourselves. The problem IMHO is that we think that this ISN'T true! Or that we have no alternatives.

For those that have looked into the alternatives, including myself, the prices are so ridiculous that many cannot even afford it. I have done threads on PVC, Fluoride, foods with the most pesticides, and many are frankly not that concerned.

Just getting rid of one of those toxic products can help prolong your life. Thanks for the thread.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is just another method to add to the medications and foods controlled by the FDA. It is a three fold attack on those that are still asleep, or have not been enlightened as to what is going on.

There are natural alternatives for soaps, shampoos, deodorants, etc. just like there are for medications and foods...thing is, the Corporations and big Pharma out there, can not make money on something that is natural.

Human beings to these entities are consumers....when consumers are not buying and turn to making their own personal products, using homeopathy, and growing their food organically...no one makes money off of the human commodity. It definitely is a conspiracy...a conspiracy that feeds the coffers and the GREED of Corporations.

But, most people are just too busy feeding their own greed to notice that they are no better than the large corporations out there, so they turn a blind eye...it's so much easier to buy a bottle of shampoo, a bar of soap, make your own deodorant ...than to take time out of a fast paced life, slow down and take roughly one or two hours to create your own.

It's all about the money!!

~as above, so below~

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I ran across a lot of sites offering alternatives, but like you and the above poster said the cost is outrageous.

I have studied so much since joining here. It has opened my eyes to things like this. Finding this fact makes me realize that the government has quietly, insidiously, and wrongly cornered almost every market. If they can't get you one way well...
edit on 18-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Good post.

I think people are able to ignore this because no one drops dead from toothpaste poisoning right after they brush. Out of sight out of mind.

If more people decided they had enough the natural alternatives to these products would become quite affordable IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

I ran across a lot of sites offering alternatives, but like you and the above poster said the cost is outrageous.

I have studied so much since joining here. It has opened my eyes to things like this. Finding this fact makes me realize that the government has quietly, insidiously, and wrongly cornered every market almost. If they can't get you one way well...

Haha....they'll get ya another....that's for sure.

If you wish to make, lets say your own soap....it really isn't that difficult nor expensive. A 10# block of plain glycerin soap, some food coloring, a double boiler and a bottle of lavender essential oil along with a small muffin tin(plastic) usually takes about 2 hours from start to finish, and the end product will last you/or a family of 3 for many months...cost roughly $30. In the long run, it is cost effective....and there are many places online one can get the recipes, or order the necessary ingredients.

I will always choose natural over pre produced...thanks for your reply...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You think thats bad, Frito-Lay, made a 100% compostable bag for their product "Sun Chip's" and they had to remove it, because people were complaining the bag was to noisy.

Frito-Lay Trashes SunChips Bag After Biodegradable Packaging Criticized For Being Too Noisy

NEW YORK — Frito-Lay hopes to quiet complaints about its noisy SunChips bags by switching out the biodegradable bags for the old packaging on most flavors.

The company is switching back to original packaging, which is made of a type of plastic, for five of the six varieties of the chips. It will keep the biodegradable bags for its sixth variety, its original plain flavor. That's its second best-selling, after Harvest Cheddar.

The snack maker said the switch started in the middle of September and should be complete by middle to late October.

The bags were launched in April 2009 with a big marketing effort to play up their compostability because they're made from plants and not plastic.

But the technology Frito-Lay used to make the packaging results in a bag that's stiffer than the plastic packaging – and louder. Customers complained. Groups on Facebook abound with names such as "I wanted SunChips but my roommate was sleeping..." and "Nothing is louder than a SunChips bag."

Spokeswoman Aurora Gonzalez said the company received complaints about the noise from the bags, although it also received thanks from customers who liked being able to recycle them.

So the decision was made to remove the bulk of the biodegradable line.

"We need to listen to our consumers," she said. "We clearly heard their feedback."

Frito-Lay, a unit of PepsiCo Inc., based in Purchase, N.Y., is developing its next generation of biodegradable bags and will use what it learned with the SunChips effort, she said.

I mean who do we get mad at about this???

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have been washing my hair and body with good old baking soda. It works great on my hair, I used to occasionally get dry patchy spots on my scalp, but not since switching to baking soda.

Sometimes I brush my teeth with it, but usually I use a fluoride free herbal paste. Baking soda leaves my teeth feeling extra clean, but I have heard it can wear the enamel away so should not be used on a regular basis.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Oh snap! My first double post. Sorry duders.
edit on 18-1-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Nothing new here, but it is all important enough to be repeated. This is actually one area where critics and skeptics must remain quiet or back off and chant "personal responsibility" and other fall backs since it is all based on hard science and the evidence is plain as day. People skeptical of insidious purposes will still remain, but only ignorance will obscure the writing on the wall which is simply "we want you dead or dying and you're genes messed up".

Everyone I have shown the evidence to has never been able to look at items in the grocery store the same way again. The fact that it is still there and people still buy it says volumes about the world in which we live.
edit on 18-1-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: added more

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I know for a fact I will not look at these items the same as before. I think there are a lot of people out there that would deny this is happening even if the FDA handed them a Hallmark card with a full confession hand written inside. I just don't understand it. Maybe it makes life more bearable? Who knows. Hopefully 1 or 2 people will take the time to read this and atleast be a bit better informed if nothing else.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It's true that 'ready-made' alternative products are expensive, but going the DIY method really is not. You just need to know where to get what. A few years back I couldn't find a favorite salt scrub anymore and realized I already had what I needed to make it myself. That actually ended up turning into a small business for me (now I buy Dead Sea salt by the pound!). I had "been into" essential oils for years, so natural body products seemed the next logical step. I do buy ingredients in larger amounts than what the average, personal user would, but I started off with smaller amounts too, and a 'finished product' was generally still only cents per ounce. I even make my own hair serum (it's a popular seller now!)

There is a wealth of information out there, and tons of easy-to-make recipes. Just google "Homemade or handmade" body products (or whatever product you're interested in). Most online soap-making suppliers have tips, recipes, and of of course, supplies. Most "novelty" sites are pretty expensive, so look for no-nonsense, wholesale sites (rarely do you need a retailer number, and you can still buy smaller quantities).

It was getting into this that I started learning more amount commercial ingredients and products, then of course, the FDA and it's operations, and the war against natural products. I fight it, write letters, sign petitions every chance I get. I have become much more politically savvy in the process. The truth is indeed, very dismal.

BUT - one thing is for sure - you use a natural oil like jojoba, sesame or coconut and you will NEVER use petroleum-based oil or an alcohol, water-based lotion again!

PS - as noted, there's little intesrst, so this thread never went anywher: Why FDA policy on genetically engineered foods violates sound science and U.S. law This is some very informative info in the links through, might be worth the read:
edit on 1/18/11 by sjrily because: add thread link

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

That lack of intetest is how this stuff got out of hand and why it continues.

It is a shame though. Thanks for the links. I will read through them.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I am going to give this a try for sure. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Gahhhh! Double Post
edit on 1/18/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

You have a chance to check out any of the links, Kangaruex4Ewe?

Curious what your thoughts are on any of it....

new topics

top topics

join