It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samsung Granted RoboCop Patent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I forgot all about those suckers, hell why skimp en.wikipedia.org... 50BMG would be a nightmare, I'm wondering what it's armor will be rated at?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

lol same thinking!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The military will most likely use these things in high risk or high casualty areas such as base security and probably for border patrol. Scary Thought!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Its armor would probably be similar to that of an army tank made with depleted uranium for best anti missle defense and small and heavy arms attacks.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by superluminal11

"But but but...Movies aren't real", the logical critical thinking people cry out

Really to do truth justice, every film maker should stamp "Based on a true story" on their works.

From the movie Blind Side to Alice in Wonderland. (Based on a true story)

As a parent, I have to continually tell my children that "it's just a movie". However, I find that movies seem to be a foreshadowing of what is to come. It's just a movie today...many years down the road - who knows?

Movies are a product of the human imagination. A story of fiction is born because a human being imagined it happening. Were they inspired by something they saw in real life? Most likely. You look at the world, you look at the technology, and then you try to picture the many paths that technology and our world could head in.

Of course movies and stories of fiction inspire scientists as well. Somebody saw Star Wars as a kid and said to themselves "Why don't we have laser swords? Let's work on it. Wouldn't that be awesome?" In fact they do have fully-functional laser swords now. You can buy one for a couple thousand dollars. They're very dangerous, but obtainable.

Kids grow up to be adults, and in their adulthood work toward some of the things they though were magical when they were kids. Who knows, maybe one day we'll have winged horses. You know some kid somewhere is thinking, "why not?" Next thing you know they grow up to be geneticists, cross-breeding species or building new creatures from scratch. Maybe 100 or 200 years from now we'll be able to order our very own winged horses.

Will somebody see those winged horses and think "man, those would be great to have for helping me with the crime I want to commit", or maybe they'll employ geneticists to build them fire-breathing dragons someday. My point is that while many movies are based on fiction, they present us with an alternate reality. Being who we are, when we like what we see, we try to achieve that reality through science. Almost anything is possible.

Maybe that's why Einstein is quoted as saying that imagination is more important than knowledge. Most of the amazing and incredible things we have today are all thanks to folks who were able to imagine the possibility of their existence. Thank the writers, artists and dreamers who slowly shape our world for the better and worse.
edit on 17-1-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292

I forgot all about those suckers, hell why skimp en.wikipedia.org... 50BMG would be a nightmare, I'm wondering what it's armor will be rated at?

Your link is probably not going where you had hoped.

I've owned and shot a .50BMG. I shot engine blocks, appliances, steel plates, etc. Nothing I shot stopped it but I got rid of it due to the excessive cost of shooting it and having no real reason to own it other than to say "I can".

If I hit the lottery, another .50 will be among my first purchases. It's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot but at $5 per round gets expensive fast. It's also nice to know that nothing in your crosshairs has a chance once the trigger is pressed.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yeah that is so freaky. What if the thing figures you have a weapon or you are a threat? What if someone hacks into it and makes it go on a shooting rampage. What if it just gets a glitch and goes on a shooting rampage?
Imagine you are in the airport and having an asthma attack or something and it thinks your inhaler is a gun? What if your kid points his finger at it like a gun? I would not want to be anywhere ten miles near one of these!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join