It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds die as botulism thrives in New Zealand 1/17/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Although this bird event has a clearer picture compared to the other bird events which the contributed deaths to being hit by vehicles or disturbed by fireworks.

It does raise more concerns to what is happening to our planet.

Animal protection authorities are pulling "bagfuls of dead birds" from Auckland's waterways as the warm, sticky summer compounds the spread of a toxin outbreak.

Hundreds of dead or sick birds suffering from paralysing disease botulism have been found by officials or handed in to animal shelters.

In one case, the SPCA has spent days pulling several species of dead and dying fowl from a disused quarry in South Auckland.

Auckland SPCA inspector Vicki Border said the current outbreak of avian botulism was the worst she had observed in Auckland.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

edit on 17-1-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I confess I had not heard of this before this post, thank you for posting it. Learn something new everyday on ATS.

I did find this link with some general information, thought I'd share it with you:

wildlifedisease.nbii.gov...

Makes sense since it is your summer. Unfortunate.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thanks for the link.....

My concerns are the extreme change in temperatures.........

If you don't buy into the "truck" theory........then you must question why so many deaths in such a short time frame.

Yes, evidence shows that its botulism ……..but what global changes are occurring to make this the “worse” year ever………Oh, I know “Global Warming”

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Botulism? Just sounds a little handy to me. How many different "reasons" for all the deaths have we heard now?
S&F
edit on 17-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
who knows if humans are next wtf is going on

top topics

join