It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes America, WE Are Failing Our Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Such cynicism.

We are far better off today - - - because of the openness.

How wrong you are! Societies have been devolving and degrading every year. Child abuse today is more rampant and more sponsored than ever before.

Your society is NOT open at all, it denies that Truths surrounding child abuse. It even denies most of the abuses occur!

Everything that is going on - has always gone on - - - we lived in the dark and trusted our government.

Thats what you do today. It still going on, just more so. Society has perfected the art of suppressing you citizen-slaves and hiding Truth from you.

Scandals were covered up. The mentally ill were kept locked up. Children were taught with the board of education - which is physical abuse.

Those things still happen, and what is more they are being done in sneakier ways that can be done with your knowledge without you even realizing what is going on! So much to correct here....

We are in a transitional period - in my opinion.

This is another lie you tell yourselves : "Child abuse happens, but our society is trying to combat it". Rubbish!

You societies are deliberately sponsoring child abuse more than ever before. Take abortion. Abortion is the ultimate single act of child abuse. This is openly allowed. It is murder. But you just deny abortion is an act of extreme child abuse, rather than deny abortions occur. Your society even provides funding and faucilities to assist women in abusing their children to their deaths.

See My website's child abuse essay for more.

edit on 20-1-2011 by SeerTravisTruman because: Correct quotation field.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeerTravisTruman
Child abuse is rampant in all modern societies. This is because it is societally sponsored. Child abuse serves as the glue that hold society together by literally abusing and even murdering children (via abortion) in order to try and maintain the emotional homeostasis.

There are several threads on abortion.

Why don't you try one of those.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Child abuse is rampant in all modern societies. This is because it is societally sponsored. Child abuse serves as the glue that hold society together by literally abusing and even murdering children (via abortion) in order to try and maintain the emotional homeostasis.

There are several threads on abortion.

Why don't you try one of those.

Already trying to get rid of Me, eh? You offer no legitimate argument because you know you can't. This thread is about child abuse, and abortion was briefly mentioned in that context. I am also on the abortion thread, where I will flesh that out in more detail.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Already trying to get rid of Me, eh? You offer no legitimate argument because you know you can't. This thread is about child abuse, and abortion was briefly mentioned in that context. I am also on the abortion thread, where I will flesh that out in more detail.

Nope - - just seen too many threads hijacked by abortion fanatics.

At 64+ - - I came from a time when people still "played" roles. People try to say it was a simpler time. But - in reality it was fake.

I would not give up the freedoms and knowledge I have today - - to go back to that time.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SeerTravisTruman

Wow.

Where did that come from? We all abuse our kids?

It is not very wise to make such an uneducated blanket statement. It's possible that everyone YOU know abuses their kids and this is why you assume everybody else does as well. I don't know if that is the case or not. I certainly hope not. There is no need to be so angry. All humans are not the spawn of satan.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by SeerTravisTruman

Wow.

Where did that come from? We all abuse our kids?

It is not very wise to make such an uneducated blanket statement. It's possible that everyone YOU know abuses their kids and this is why you assume everybody else does as well. I don't know if that is the case or not. I certainly hope not. There is no need to be so angry. All humans are not the spawn of satan.

Neglect is child abuse and one of the most common forms.
Parents these days think they can just send their children to school and they will raise him for you, that they will
teach him morals and they will feed him. That they will keep him safe from harm.

Let me tell those parents something, you are completely wrong and have no idea how the school system works nowadays.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Neglect is child abuse and one of the most common forms.
Parents these days think they can just send their children to school and they will raise him for you, that they will
teach him morals and they will feed him. That they will keep him safe from harm.

Let me tell those parents something, you are completely wrong and have no idea how the school system works nowadays.

YES! You have to actually Raise a child - - you don't just let them grow up and see the Potluck results.

You wanna hear something sad? When my children started school - - they were too well behaved and too polite. They got bullied - - and this was kindergarten/first grade - - in an upscale "white" area (1973).

They have to live in THEIR world. You can no longer hide them from the real world - - it is up to you to teach them about the world. In my world - - Personal Integrity and Manners are #1.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I thought about this before myself. After his friends atarted wanting to sit at a computer and text rather than get off their lazy butts and walk the two houses away to talk and play I started to wonder. Then when one of the kids actualy did make the Herculean effort to walk the unbelievably tedious 30 seconds to the house he came in and didn't want to do anything but play video games. Yes Sir! I really did start to wonder how to nip this in the bud. After a long period of thinking I came up with the ultimate solution. It kills not two, but THREE birds with one stone! I just stopped paying the energy bill!
1) No electricity to text, or play video games.
2) No electric bill. Excellent savings.
3) I was able to cancel the cable/internet/phone bill. Even more savings.
Now he goes outside to play all the time. I need to figure out how to get my kid to drink warm milk though.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

ROFL! Interesting solution! Of course you could have just taken away the video games and canceled internet and cable first. No need to go without electricity.
If he's got nothing to play with, he'll go outside. Man, I remember when I was a kid. I loved playing outside and exploring the neighborhood! Those were the best times. I watched TV when they had kids programming on, but that was limited to a couple of hours a day at the most. Of course I did live in Europe, in a safe neighborhood with lots of greenery, forest, and all that good stuff around. Not sure if I would have behaved the same way in a city setting. Probably not.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by withopeneyes
After his friends started wanting to sit at a computer and text rather than get off their lazy butts and walk the two houses away to talk and play

There is another side to this.

As I said earlier - - pick your child's friends.

My granddaughter 10 has to come straight home from school and do her homework before anything else. She is allowed to text (or call) only for discussion of homework until it is finished and no calls or texting after 7pm. Plus she has daily chores - dance class - and a 3 year old brother she is required to spend 15 minutes with each day.

She has to schedule her own playdates when she does have time - - and both us and the other parent has to approve.

She is not allowed to just run outside to play with whoever.

(in her case she needs a phone for safety)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join