It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
No I'm not referring to the movie of a similar title.

This short video begins to describe it (some may have seen this, but it's worth remembering I think and bringing back to continual recollection)

Light

"You are the light of the world. I (now we) are the light of life."

White Light of the Absolute (as metaphor)

"The God Theory" by Bernard Haisch
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249274834&sr=8-1

Haisch is an astrophysicist whose professional positions include Staff Scientist at the Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory, Deputy Director for the Center for Extreme Ultraviolet Astrophysics at the University of California, Berkeley, and Visiting Fellow at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching, Germany. His work has led to close involvement with NASA; he is the author of over 130 scientific papers; and was the Scientific Editor of the Astrophysical Journal for nine years, as well as the editor in chief of the Journal of Scientific Exploration.

an excerpt

If you think of whitte light as a metaphor of infinite, formless potential, the colors on a slide or frame of film become a structured reality grounded in the polarity that comes about through intelligent subtraction from that absolute formless potential. It results from the limitation of the unlimited. I contend that this metaphor provides a comprehensible theory for the creation of a manifest reality (our universe) from the selective limitation of infinite potential (God)...
If there exists an absolute realm that consists of infinite potential out of which a created realm of polarity emerges, is there any sensible reason not to call this "God"? Or to put it frankly, if the absolute is not God, what is it? For our purposes here, I will indentify the Absolute with God. More precisely I will call the Absolute the Godhead. Applying this new terminology to the optics analogy, we can conclude that our physical universe comes about when the Godhead selectively limits itself, taking on the role of Creator and manifesting a realm of space and time and, within that realm, filtering out some of its own infinite potential...
Viewed this way, the process of creation is the exact opposite of making something out of nothing. It is, on the contrary, a filtering process that makes something out of everything. Creation is not capricious or random addition; it is intelligent and selective subtraction. The implications of this are profound.

If the Absolute is the Godhead, and if creation is the process by which the Godhead filters out parts of its own infinite potential to manifest a physical reality that supports experience, then the stuff that is left over, the residue of this process, is our physical universe, and ourselves included. We are nothing less than a part of that Godhead - quite literally.

Next, by Ervin Laszlo

Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything, 2004
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-1

And, his other seminal work
Science and the Reenchantment of the Cosmos: The Rise of the Integral Vision of Reality
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-6

Ervin Laszlo is considered one of the foremost thinkers and scientists of our age, perhaps the greatest mind since Einstein. His principal focus of research involves the Zero Point Field. He is the author of around seventy five books (his works having been translated into at least seventeen languages), and he has contributed to over 400 papers. Widely considered the father of systems philosophy and general evolution theory, he has worked as an advisor to the Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. He was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in both 2004 and 2005. A multidisciplinarian, Laszlo has straddled numerous fields, having worked at universities as a professor of philosophy, music, futures studies, systems science, peace studies, and evolutionary studies. He was a sucessful concert pianist until he was thirty eight.

In his view, the zero-point field (or the Akashic Field, as he calls it) is quite literally the "mind of God".

Naming Hal Puthoff, Roger Penrose, Fritz-Albert Popp, and a handful of others as "front line investigators", Laszlo quotes Puthoff who says of the new scientific paradigm:

[What] would emerge would be an increased understanding that all of us are immersed, both as living and physical beings, in an overall interpenetrating and interdependant field in ecological balance with the cosmos as a whole, and that even the boundary lines between the physical and "metaphysical" would dissolve into a unitary viewpoint of the universe as a fluid, changing, energetic/informational cosmological unity."

an excert from Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything

Akasha (a . ka . sha) is a Sanskrit word meaning "ether": all-pervasive space. Originally signifying "radiation" or "brilliance", in Indian philosophy akasha was considered the first and most fundamental of the five elements - the others being vata (air), agni (fire), ap (water), and prithivi (earth). Akasha embraces the properties of all five elements: it is the womb from which everything we percieve with our senses has emerged and into which everything will ultimately re-descend. The Akashic Record (also called The Akashic Chronicle) is the enduring record of all that happens, and has ever happened, in space and time."

Laszlo's view of the history of the universe is of a series of universes that rise and fall, but are each "in-formed" by the existence of the previous one. In Laszlo's mind, the universe is becoming more and more in-formed, and within the physical universe, matter (which is the crystallization of intersecting pressure waves or an interference pattern moving through the zero-point field) is becoming increasing in-formed and evolving toward higher forms of consciousness and realization.

------------

According to James Oroc's experiences (Tryptamine Palace), when the ego is dissolved in consciousness through the temporary formation of a type of neurological "Bose Einstein Condensate", there is no real dilineation or distinction between individual consciousness and God-consciousness or the universal "akashic field" (Lazslo) aka Zero Point Field.

I don't think that light metaphor however, is just a metaphor. I think the whole universe is made by and governed via light, through a continual feeback mechanism with the Akashic Field or the Zero Point Field. In fact, every chemical reaction in the universe may be reduced to the emission or absorption of a single photon of light through the quantum jumps of the valence electrons, which also move according to a music theory (believe it or not), and so I say that the music of the spheres is light itself, and light itself, the music of the spheres.

Our Sun Sol's, Light.

The stars of the heavens, including our own individual sun are surely linked togeter, the galaxies themselves like pearls on a necklace. It's all one thing, and a very big and marvelous thing at that!

I've noticed a change in the light this year, of course the new sun of each year brings with it new life and new creation as the Earth starts to wabble back as it makes another "round", but this year, it's different, imho.

The day after New Years this year, I run into an old aquaintance, who comes up to me with clear eyes, and states "is it just me or has something of profound comological significance taken place"? Even the semi retired founder of the company I work for, a staunch atheist with a practical, scientific mind (he's an engineer) pointed out that he felt a powerful energy shift at the time of the solstice this year and asked me if I noticed anything, to which I replied that I did and still am, to an increasing degree. We both agreed that something had changed and then kind of shrugged it off as little more than a curious phenomenon, as the world turns and we go back to our day to day activities, being a present moment neccessity (which they will continue to be).

But all in all, it's like a new/old sun, returned, imo. I'm 43, and this past decade has not been much fun and I'd been feeling a strong sense of melancholy and longing for "the way things were" back in the 70's and 80's, not just as the fond recollections of childhood but in terms of a certain quintessential "beingness" of the world around me back in those years gone by, when we just took it for granted, the good life, the pure life, the innocent life, the happy life, the sunny life.

Well that's BACK now, and I don't think it's "just me" either!

And the only thing that I can think of, to explain it or describe it, is in terms of the light of the sun, carrying with it something rather unique and special this year, a "new creation" of sorts, which isn't going away and seems to be getting only stronger day by day, as the sunlight returns ever stronger. It's like we were collectively dead and that we are being, via the sunlight, collectively resurrected, however painful that process may be for some or even for many, since it also carries with it the neccessity of release from suffering of the more unneccessary kind, and so it's loving, this "impulse" of "the light of life: (what we are also), seeking as it does to free and to liberate love, and this then resonates all the way down through all the "spheres", unto the very atoms which make up our bodies, and we can then feel the upwelling, as the cycle repeats, while getting better and better every new day, and, as we take the plunge each night into the Akashic Field or the Zero Point Field in dreamless sleep (nghtly NDE).
Light of the day, light of the night..?

To me this is a marvel, something greater than my wildest dreams, hopes and prayers, combined, and so mch needed, like a breath of fresh air accompanied by a great big sight of relief, and then it all appears, at least to me, to be "cute" the whole world, of cuteness, kindness, aliveness, and it's everywhere all around and all at once and it's all good, and, being of the unconditional variety, it doesn't even "hurt", nor is it in any way an impostion on the mind of man, regenerated.

What are your thoughts about the apparent shift that's happening and do you think or feel or "grok" that my "light theory" has any validity whatsoever..?

Can YOU feel it, the change? And isn't the light and the whole of creation more alive this year?

Or do I just need to get laid!

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 16-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

You are the one to say it
So im going to chalk it all up to that!

All be back, to respond more in depth. Had to get that out of the way

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

matter (which is the crystallization of intersecting pressure waves or an interference pattern moving through the zero-point field) is becoming increasing in-formed and evolving toward higher forms of consciousness and realization.
~ Irvin Laszlo

But matter isn't matter, it's light, and light is consciousness and consciousness, not matter is primary (first/last cause, alpha/omega of existence).

There is only one way to resolve all the quantum paradoxes satisfactorily and that is to invoke a Monistic Idealism (consciousness is primary) as opposed to a Materialist Realism or Monism (matter alone is primary).

Matter is the crystallization of light as consciousness. It is an illusion or a projection from the Absolute in order so that individualized experience can be made possible, with God (the everything already always everywhere) differentiating himself or limiting himself in order perhaps to rediscover himself through the light of life in eternity.

The Creator is Created.

The Preserver is Preserved.

The Destroyer is Destroyed.

Thus, the "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" (impressionless or unimpressed by the magnifent manifest creation) is oblivious to oblivion - being one with the light of life.

edit on 16-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

You are the one to say it
So im going to chalk it all up to that!

All be back, to respond more in depth. Had to get that out of the way

Yes, it could be just that alone and nothing more!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I hate to do this to your thread after all the effort you have put in, but I'm going to go ahead in the interests of providing a balanced view and all. You seem to be sincere so I hope you won't take it personally.

Anyway, caveat emptor.

edit on 1/16/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
(double post, my apologies)
edit on 1/16/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Can YOU feel it, the change? And isn't the light and the whole of creation more alive this year?

I think there is change happening all the time, sometimes in leaps and bounds, other times in steady steps.

I also believe that the way we see the world is a reflection of our inner self, so it may be you who is suddenly more alive and full of light.

The carefree state of the 70's and 80's has gone for good, I believe. The TV show "Fantasy Island" shows good examples of our simple dreams and joys of those days. Watch it and you will quickly note how far removed we are today from that energy.

As for myself, I seem to have switched off from the changes around me, so to answer your question, no, I do not feel that the creation is any more alive than it was in the past.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Perhaps the idea of light is not so far off, eh?

The sun, on its own, is a factor, i would think. It also seems things are forming together and tearing apart in increased variance, with certain masses growing in size. I use the simile of the formation of our solar system to conceptualize the visualization.

Mysticnoon, i agree, the universe is indeed just as alive as it always has been, will be, and is. But that is spectacular.
Change is indeed a constant, but a blown bubble of gum does not a supernova make

Out of curiosity, what changes have you "switched off from?"

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

That wasn't neccessary and I already knew all about him, doesn't detract one iota from his message as a young man. So what if he became the personification of narcissis and went insane. His argument was sound, at least initially, until he went on to assume a position not accessible to everyone else and "particularized" himself or became a big something in his nothingness!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hawaiians know this too and it does work.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Out of curiosity, what changes have you "switched off from?"

Wow, now that has opened up a can of words in my memory files.

Without getting into details, between 1993 and 2003 I was riding the crest of a profound wave of change, both outer and inner.

It was an extremely challenging time, yet very rewarding in other ways, but ultimately I lost the battle against the small self, the ego, my own personal wants and needs. I was battered about like a small craft on a stormy sea, and in the end I just had to find some stability and personal comfort.

The only way I have been able to achieve that is to basically shut off from all the energies around me and inside of myself, even the positive. Right now I am barely more than an automaton performing my tasks and responsibilites, hardly daring to glance further afield in my spiritual vision in case something else beckons me. It is a pretty pathetic condition, this turning away from love, light, and inspiration, but at this time I am still weary of constantly falling flat on my face and would like a time to recover.

Well, that is probably more than I care to reveal on such a public forum, but having joined the conversation, I feel bound to adhere to a semblance of openness and integrity.

edit on 16-1-2011 by mysticnoon because: missed quote

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

The more that sorrow and even emptiness and purposelessness carves into your being, the more joy and inspiration you can contain! Lucky you!

If our lives were not messed up to a degree, first, we wouldn't be ATS addicts (I'm a grateful addict - "Hi Rob"), and second, there wouldn't be much to work on or with, from which to draw the ultimate comparison and emerge the heroes of our own life drama that we really are.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but the absence of self - but, the absence of self is the absence of fear..!

We who feel sorry for ourselves and bow out of life, by God we'd better be up to something of value in the final analysis, and that's what I chalk up my own apathy and stasis as, a declaration of the freedom not to be creative, happy, joyful, but alas it has it's limits..

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

i understand, on many fronts.

When i was going through something similar, i had the thought "When you are looking back on your life, at the moments of your bodies death, what actions and choices would you like to look back on?" It was pretty simple, really, but far from "easy." I decided to make the "bravest," or perhaps "boldest," decisions this one could make. What an interesting time and place that was

Feel free to u2u me if you would like to talk more in depth, but not in outright public. Learning anothers perspective is something i enjoy greatly, but fully understand the hesitation if not

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I decided to make the "bravest," or perhaps "boldest," decisions this one could make.

That brings to mind another interesting memory.

A rather spiritual person who I knew at the time told me that the greatest things I had accomplished in life weren't the obvious ones which others may recognize, but rather those acts of "letting go" along the way of some very strong attachments. Those acts of letting go are really quite invisible, and I would hardly regard them as accomplishments myself, but deep down I realized the truth of the statement.

Perhaps when all is said and done, it is the lightness of our load which allows us to "ascend"?

Thanks for your invitation to u2u, I'll need to give it some further consideration.

Maybe it is time to "let the sunshine in" in again, but I will be treading very gingerly.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Hey, I stumbled upon your Science as Religion thread, don't know if that still shows up in your profile.

Very interesting, but my brain is a bit frazzled by all this forum interaction. It has been the first time in many months that I have ventured out, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

I decided to make the "bravest," or perhaps "boldest," decisions this one could make.

That brings to mind another interesting memory.

A rather spiritual person who I knew at the time told me that the greatest things I had accomplished in life weren't the obvious ones which others may recognize, but rather those acts of "letting go" along the way of some very strong attachments. Those acts of letting go are really quite invisible, and I would hardly regard them as accomplishments myself, but deep down I realized the truth of the statement.

It really is quite an interesting journey, no matter which path one takes. Im not so sure how i feel about "spirituality" as i feel it is yet another construct, "thing," or conceptualization within ones own perspective. Same beautiful "mathematics" running through all that is, to this one. Though, its intriguing how powerful the free will perspective is, isnt it? When we look at levels far above, or far below our perspective, the separation which many hold so dear is lost. It is also interesting to this one how those systems seem so representative of one another. From the orbital path of our solar system around our galaxy, to the orbital path of this planet around a star, to the (big jump
) orbital paths of the structure of an atom. It seems that these systems are all relative similes, until we reach the realm of our limited observation and specifically perspective where such things "seemingly" have no simile. It seems to me "a distinct possibility" that ones perception may be the thing "off" in such a scenario.

Perhaps when all is said and done, it is the lightness of our load which allows us to "ascend"?

There is no where to go! "The meaning of transcendence/ascension is lost in the rubble from whence it came." Things change, are born and die, are moved and move themselves. But there is no "real" ascension as far as this ones conceptualization goes. No "enlightenment" moment, but many as a process. Though, from my experience, what is talked about, as far as enlightenment goes, refers to the re-definition of self.

Thanks for your invitation to u2u, I'll need to give it some further consideration.

Maybe it is time to "let the sunshine in" in again, but I will be treading very gingerly.

No problem

It seems that the "strength" of pure radiant love incinerates all fear and "evil." And that radiance (i use the term thinking of the conceptualization of a star shining) is gaining momentum and mass. It has never been a better time to "let our sunshine radiate." You can do it.

new topics

top topics

join