It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie picture I took with my cell at a festival.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
oh yeah... and may I ask which state you reside in ?

Georgia. Not sure why that matters...

what appears to you happens to not be "fact" but only your own personal belief system

Have you visited my thread on this very issue? That's probably a more appropriate area to hash this one out.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Georgia. Not sure why that matters...
because I wanted to read through your states Constitution to see if it has mention of God or a Christian forbearance like my state does.

Have you visited my thread on this very issue? That's probably a more appropriate area to hash this one out.
thanks, I will check out your topic...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
because I wanted to read through your states Constitution to see if it has mention of God or a Christian forbearance like my state does.

There are quite a few states that have religious requirements for candidacy even though this is expressly prohibited in the U.S. Constitution.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

There are quite a few states that have religious requirements for candidacy even though this is expressly prohibited in the U.S. Constitution.

very true... there are even 8 states that forbid atheists from holding any public office. To challenge this would only mean exposure of the subject running for a type of office. I guess in those 8 states it would be more professional for the subject just to keep ones mouth kinda shut on the topic.

what is expressly granted in the U.S. Constitution is the right to choose and practice anything you want. I see no prohibitions directed at the people only at the institutions which govern.

edit on 1/31/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Oh no. Not this stuff again. I'll play along anyway.

oh I was just browsing through the paranormal section and decided to look at some pictures when I came across this

I see Jesus.
I am converting to Catholicism now.
from an openly professed atheist so I couldn't resist giving my input on which religion to convert to...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join