It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This Is A Ghetto Public Service Announcement"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

"This Is A Ghetto Public Service Announcement"

"It has been reported that the average white U.S. citizen is starting to understand us."

"That is an interesting report chuck, its about damn time...." "Back to the news room."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Clearly this isn't an actual news article. But who says I cant report my own observations... I need a job. Its clear to me capitalism has failed us. So its time to be real. Just like the people living in the ghetto. I'm a 20y/o male and I just don't see the point in any economic system anymore. Its nice to get some different perspectives.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Sorry, what link?

I'm confused?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Capitalism fails about 90% of us, but it's sweet for that lucky 10%. I think that capitalism has failed because people fail to censure corruption and greed. People who engage in these things are considered ambitious and sly. Sociopaths are considered ideal for leadership positions.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Yes, I sympathize with you young friend, it is a hard time to be young.

Crazy thing is though, when I was your age I bought into the conspiracy theories of the day & lived my life like there was no tomorrow 7 as a result, I'm still playing 'catch up football' with my life. The theories of the day were the Christian 'end is nigh' crap(how do I know it was crap? Because I lived for another 25 years, quite a substantial amount of time, don't you think?)

What advice can I give you? I think you may benefit from a different set of strategies that we have been programmed to follow. A book that changed my way of thinking was Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kyosaki.
He also has a website, but to be honest, I think he is straying from his original mission & is just out to profit, like everybody else.
You may not see any benefit in the strategies in the book in todays times, maybe a better plan to follow is protecting yourself when the economy actually collapses. A job wont do anyone much good then!
Good luck.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pmckart

chuck is an odd man for a black man if you had said Tyrell, DeShawn, lol im sorry i had to go their "oooooo no you didn't". I learn about black people from watching the Wayne's brothers. See i can make up jibberish as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pmckart

Capitalism isn't what failed. People got lazy and begun feeling entitled for everything their ancestors had to work so hard for.

Granted there is a lot of abuse and perhaps the unequal distribution of wealth should be addressed in a fair manner (I see no need to punish a person for being successful), but the bottom line is if you humble yourself and pay your dues you will get a job, and as long as you work smart and hard you will continue to raise in your chosen career to a comfortable level.

Now if you want to be wealthy sharpen your back stabbing dagger and memorize "The Prince".

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by pmckart

the bottom line is if you humble yourself and pay your dues you will get a job

I'm sorry, but my WTF meter went off - humble yourself?

Please, explain what you mean.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

In my experience people will often not take a job because they feel like they are too good for it. I can understand not finding a job for about a month maybe 2, but to not find one period tells me you're not willing to do work that you feel is below you.

I did web design and IT desktop support for years and made decent money, in 2000 NOBODY was hiring for this type of work, so I switched gears and took an entry level warehouse job making next to nothing and now am doing better than I ever did in IT. If I would have not humbled myself and took a job that I clearly could have done better than in a better situation I would have never moved up.

This is why I say humble yourself...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

OK, I'm good with that. I hope you understand that 'humbling yourself' can be mis-interpretted. Glad you're doing well.

top topics

join