It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we do if another erad3 starts up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

How about you STFU and GTFO if you don't like the topic. Are you unstable or something?

On a more on topic note, if I ever start sounding like a lunatic, I am probably drunk and or on an insomniac trip

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

If your interest in the subject is so little... why did you post in the thread concerning the subject? You added little more than conjecture.

There is always merit in discussion, and blindly tossing aside such discussion can lead to people being woe-fully uninformed.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We should be extra vigilant and on the lookout for crazy posts here at ATS. Should someone seem like they are a little off-kilter, we should call the police immediately and notify the necessary Homeland Security officials.

Wait a minute! Isn't that exactly what the terrorists want?

Look, what happened in the case of Erad3 was tragic, and to be honest unavoidable. The last thing this place needs is user-to-user accusations of violent psychosis, you might as well put an anarchy symbol on the front page while you're at it. I remember reading his July post about the year, but it only stands out in my mind from all the others because the numbers broke the page formatting. "Cool", I thought, and then closed the tab.

Truth be told there was no way to tell Erad3 was on the edge, and no way to tell what put him over. It would be a waste of energy to worry about every crazy post you read on a conspiracy forum.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
It's called life somethings are out of our control, once people learn to accept that fact the world will be much better off. No offence op but this is really a silly question to be asking, it's great you worry about the welfare of others but somethings are just out of peoples control. Unless like others have posted and you want a witch hunt scenario?

jay
ur right, this erad3 thing
has done nothing but turn
ATS posters into patsies
for a DHS Witch Hunt.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This thought just occurred to me, is all. I felt it important enough to create a thread for. I don't endorse witch hunts, I don't endorse certain behaviours. I'm just a humble guy who posts and thinks.

Just throwing out there for the rest to chew on.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

To speak to your post... there's always going to be "copycats".

They're probably just trolls; ignore them imo.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

You are absolutely correct. But since his "outing" won't others look at this or any post that appears off-kilter and jump to conclusions? I mean, look at all the false allegations made concerning this incident! The press, the MSM, doesn't care about being right.

They just want to be first.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
1) I can't wait till Jared threads stop giving stars. Then they will stop popping up

(That is for the user who is also tired of hearing of this subject.)

2) "What do we do?"

That is asking for a witch hunt. YOU DO NOTHING. Unless you are a medical PROFESSIONAL. Then you would contact the mods, if you so felt the need.

It is not your responisiblity to make sure others are "safe". Especially when you have no real idea if they are in danger. (Think TSA!)

If you want to worry, I have been called sociopathic (by many unprofessionals) so maybe you should report my postings. After all, we need to make sure all thought is monitored...right?

Nothing, that is what we should do about this.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
1) I can't wait till Jared threads stop giving stars. Then they will stop popping up

(That is for the user who is also tired of hearing of this subject.)

2) "What do we do?"

That is asking for a witch hunt. YOU DO NOTHING. Unless you are a medical PROFESSIONAL. Then you would contact the mods, if you so felt the need.

It is not your responisiblity to make sure others are "safe". Especially when you have no real idea if they are in danger. (Think TSA!)

If you want to worry, I have been called sociopathic (by many unprofessionals) so maybe you should report my postings. After all, we need to make sure all thought is monitored...right?

Nothing, that is what we should do about this.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am not a medical professional. I could not differentiate from silly or insane. But what we can do and what might be asked is another story.
How could we tell? Granted, hindsight is 20/20 but would that be sufficient?
*shrug*
Just wanted to ask the question is all.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Going to start with, now you know EXACTLY what I am talking about. (Feelings that is)

You said:

Originally posted by beezzer
Just wanted to ask the question is all.

I have been responding as if you intentions were to get stars, and create a witch hunt. You do not like this, correct? Am I right? (No.)

Well THAT is what is going to happen if "we" do something about suspicious posts. "We" are a bunch of fools, "we" do not have the credentials, "we" should just use the forums as intended. (Reading/Writing)

I will stop being an ass now
I just wanted to demonstrait what I was talking about. This "what do we do" crap is what gets us into big trouble on the moral pushing front.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am not a medical professional. I could not differentiate from silly or insane.

Neither are "we", I hope you understand now.

But what we can do and what might be asked is another story.

It is another story, a horror story. Leave the "what to do" to the professionals (mods, doctors, folks that are above "we" in smarts.)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm not out for stars or flags, if the mods want to pull this then by all means, pull it. The thought just occurred to me and I decided to posit the question. Maybe I did it incorrectly (don't call DHS!!!) but I'm just being human.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Leave the "what to do" to the professionals (mods, doctors, folks that are above "we" in smarts.)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know you are not out for stars and stripes.

But what should I do about the people who are?

OR

I know you are not insane

NOTHING! (Emphasis, not yelling
)

The reason you do nothing is simple:

"You do NOT KNOW"

When you do not know something, you either learn it or don't. If I do not know how to drive, I don't just get in a car and try to drive, right? Then if I do not know what makes someone insane, why would I do anything that involves calling someone insane?

(Remember, I could be sociopathic. So my argument may be faulty on mental grounds, also a reason I am against the trials.)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
OP, I guess I'll do the same thing that I would do if I caught my wife taking a hot bath again...

Call Homeland Security!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I know you are not out for stars and stripes.

OR

I know you are not insane

NOTHING! (Emphasis, not yelling
)

The reason you do nothing is simple:

"You do NOT KNOW"

When you do not know something, you either learn it or don't. If I do not know how to drive, I don't just get in a car and try to drive, right? Then if I do not know what makes someone insane, why would I do anything that involves calling someone insane?

(Remember, I could be sociopathic. So my argument may be faulty on mental grounds, also a reason I am against the trials.)

I know what is right. I know our limitations. We are not diagnosticians. (sp?) But aren't we all going to look at posts a little differently now? Maybe that'll fade over time, but I can't be the only one who has thought of this.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I honestly don't think there's much we could do.

If the person has a mental illness they may not think they have one and so might not be on medication. Plus on a site like this with all sorts of ramblings with scientific, conspiratorial and religious quotes how do we tell if someone may have a mental illness or is just 100% into their line of thinking regardless of what others may think?

We don't want to wrongly accuse a member of being "another erad3" plus the members and staff at ATS shouldn't really have to babysit anybody, it's up to the individuals in a member's life to look out for them.

If someone usually "normal" seems to become irrational then of course ask if that person is ok but honestly, there's not a lot we can do.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What can be done is a better question... Apparently there is nothing that can be done.

Someone here at ATS could be plotting a mass murder right now, and could post in completely rational, sane manner with no signs of any mental issues, that this community of "like minded individuals" would be able to identify as anything other than the "normal" conspiracy theorist's way of thinking.

There is no way to know, you can turn in posters you may believe are crazy enough to be a threat, but could be anything but, while completely missing the real threats among you.

Bottom line, if ATS as a whole wants to avoid possible ties to any poster that in the future commits an act of murder, then shut the site down... Or carry on, businesses as usual, either way nothing will change in the minds of potential murderers.

Where thought and care should be given by the site staff and admin, should be in topics about the killer that was among us, where exploitation and glorification can possibly inspire already compromised minds.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Well said. It's just that the "perception" is out there now. Not a burden on us, but definitey an onus on the mods. I was a mod on another site, (long story) so even the perceived threat might be enough to cause hesitation in posts down the line.
Just trying to think this through.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Awww... One killer brought to awareness due to the media. He was linked to a low rating conspiracy site... BIG DEAL!!!

If I told you of certain things going on behind the veil of society, you would be absolutely horrified.

On a lighter note, thousands of murders happen around the world that go unreported.

Get over it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Thank you Comander Harsh. Not trying to save the world. Just my corner of it.
Thanks to that whacko, we are all under a microscope now. You may enjoy the sensation, but I sure as heck don't.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join