It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA names backup for Giffords' husband on shuttle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

NASA names backup for Giffords' husband on shuttle

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – NASA announced a backup shuttle commander Thursday in case they need to replace the astronaut-husband of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was wounded in a mass shooting last weekend
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
While he has not made a decision, I find it interesting that NASA has already named his replacement if he does not fly. I do not blame him if he does not, but life must go on. What a better way to get away than to be in the ISS. But he could be a mission hazard if he does not focus on the task at hand. What is your thoughts? Should he fly or not?

news.yahoo.com
edit on 15-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

My opinion on this is simple. A mans loyalty ought to be with his woman first, and his nation second, no matter what kind of a patriot he is. If he were to miss a development in her recovery, or leave her side when he could have gotten away with being there, then he is less than a man in my eyes. You never leave your woman in a hosptial bed with no company unless you are in a hospital bed yourself. Its just not done. Bad form you know?
If he loves his work more than his wife, he should quit her and go to work. But if he married under genuine vows of marriage, then he has no business being anywhere else but right next to his wife.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

While he has not made a decision, I find it interesting that NASA has already named his replacement if he does not fly. I do not blame him if he does not, but life must go on. What a better way to get away than to be in the ISS. But he could be a mission hazard if he does not focus on the task at hand. What is your thoughts? Should he fly or not?

news.yahoo.com
edit on 15-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

Forgive but there's a certain arrogance about your post. The decision about whether he will fly or not is nothing to do with anyone here. There is a personal decision to make, which he alone can make. There is a professional decision to make, which he will make in consultation and agreement with relevant colleagues.

If it were me, I would stay with my wife. That would best express what I believe to be life's priorities. But we all must choose our own priorities and make our own choices.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I did not intend on being arrogant and sorry if I did. I know that it is a tragedy and I am in no way trying to make it any less than a tragedy. Thank you for your reply.

top topics

join