It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Briefs or Disinformation? How to tell the difference.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Who is Sorcha Faal? I'm sure this is old news to many people here. But to help ATS'ers avoid to make the mistake (I already did once) to post his "news" here, I want to share this article.

Before I go into this subject in any great depth, I would first like to deal with Sorcha Faal, otherwise known as David Booth of the CIA. David Booth works within the Central Intelligence Agency in COINTELPRO.

Other western intelligence agencies known for using COINTELPRO methods include MI5, MI6, GCHQ, and the think-tank, DEMOS. To be quite blunt, all intelligence agencies have their own COINTELPRO departments.
She does not exist. There is no "spokesperson" within the GRU named Sorcha Faal.

Intelligence agencies rarely make public statements, and when they do, it is always through either someone in the highest echelons of the organisation or a government minister with the correct clearances, and never a mere "spokesperson".

Do leaks ever happen through lesser agents? Yes, but those agents if caught are dealt with very strictly, usually with "Holy Orders" to keep their traps shut. By rights, if "Sorcha Faal" was really working within the GRU, she would have been silenced by now. Permanently.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32ca85cac3df.png[/atsimg]

With certain people within my circle of contacts being suckered by Sorcha Faal / EU Times articles, I feel it is time to deal with the whole messy subject of intelligence sources.

Philip Brennan | PhilipBrennan.net | 14 January 2011:

Before I go into this subject in any great depth, I would first like to deal with Sorcha Faal, otherwise known as David Booth of the CIA. David Booth works within the Central Intelligence Agency in COINTELPRO. Other western intelligence agencies known for using COINTELPRO methods include MI5, MI6, GCHQ, and the think-tank, DEMOS. To be quite blunt, all intelligence agencies have their own COINTELPRO departments.

Here is a picture of "Sorcha Faal" from WhatDoesItMean.com:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fae1a19c071.jpg[/atsimg]

She does not exist. There is no "spokesperson" within the GRU named Sorcha Faal. Intelligence agencies rarely make public statements, and when they do, it is always through either someone in the highest echelons of the organisation or a government minister with the correct clearances, and never a mere "spokesperson".

Do leaks ever happen through lesser agents? Yes, but those agents if caught are dealt with very strictly, usually with "Holy Orders" to keep their traps shut. By rights, if "Sorcha Faal" was really working within the GRU, she would have been silenced by now. Permanently.

Now here is what Sorcha Faal, or David Booth, really looks like:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a37c517e035f.jpg[/atsimg]

It appears that David Booth is a major thorn in the side of the Alternative Intelligence Community, as well as the Patriot and Truth Movements. This is a gross understatement. Over the past week or two I have had to take aside many people and let them in on the whole Sorcha Faal thing.

The full article HERE.

So, if you think that Sorcha Faal is telling the truth. Think again.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You can usually spot a Sorcha Faal article from the opening sentence. Normally goes something along the lines of: 'Reports circulating the Kremlin today... (insert random doom here)'

Once you can spot them they are easy to disregard or skim over on conspiracy sites, and to be honest they don't really cause the problems that the article tries to suggest. Anyway welcome to the club I've been caught out before too.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

And then there is always this thread to point them to..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That's not how you determine if something is true though.

You determine each claim one at a time, by researching the facts.

If a claim is not verifiable, it is unsubstantiated and rather speculative at best.

Do I believe David Booth is Sorcha Faal? No.
Why?
Because I have no proof to base this on.

Could Faal really be a network of people working for the GRU? Yes it's possible.
Could it be a CIA group? Yes that's possible too.

But please, don't try to tell me that EVERY disinfo website on the internet is CIA. That's totally absurd.

It should be obvious that we are dealing with a mix of many different counter intelligence operations simultaneously all over the place.

Not just the GRU and the CIA either. I am talking the Chinese NSB, British MI6, French DGSE, Israeli Mossad, Indian IB, German BfV, Swedish KSI, etc etc etc.

They are all out in force pushing their agendas.
There is almost no way to tell who is who other than by dissecting their statements, and even that's unreliable at best.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Mr. Muzzle flash..please see this post...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is no such person as “Sorcha Faal, Russian academic” “Sorcha Faal” is actually David Booth, an American computer programmer “Sorcha” is alleged to be a Russian academic but there is absolutely no record of anyone with such a name in Russian academia. These periodic eruptions have absolutely no basis in any kind of fact or reality and are typical of the nonsense bespangling the internet. These reports, however, have a good deal of entertainment value. This idiocy is almost as funny as the Scientology cult babblings. Ed.

top topics

join